MISSION (11) IMPOSSIBLE

CHPL

MISSION 11 / which is mission 10 in the documentation because of 5-1 and 5-2 (Rescue Mission)

There are two points in that mission you may struggle and execrate me. :doh:

But it is possible, with Peters help, to fly the mission as she is. I spend a lot of time to make that possible.

But anyway there is a backdoor in case it would be too heavy.

You can't avoid the first "obstacle" otherwise you crash the mission. But for the second time, it's up to you, you have to decide which way to go.

At that stage, I am sure nobody has flown mission 11 jet and I don't want to reveal too much.

Anyway, bevor getting bored or angry send me a private message and I send you the key for the backdoor.

Always happy landings ;)

Could it be, that because of the 2 Rescue Missions 5-1 and 5-2 the logbook took me again after

succesfull ending mission 7 100 percent back and will fly it again to me. Logbook shows only mission 5-1 and than 6, 7, but not 5-2. Always change the logbook is not nice to come on with camapign, special when you has finished a mission like 7. at US camp north from Kutasi Airport succesfull.

Mission 11 sounds interesting, i like such challange to find my own way through a mission. But it sounds very heavy, now i am curiously.

Could it be, that because of the 2 Rescue Missions 5-1 and 5-2 the logbook took me again after

succesfull ending mission 7 100 percent back and will fly it again to me. Logbook shows only mission 5-1 and than 6, 7, but not 5-2. Always change the logbook is not nice to come on with camapign, special when you has finished a mission like 7. at US camp north from Kutasi Airport succesfull.

Mission 11 sounds interesting, i like such challange to find my own way through a mission. But it sounds very heavy, now i am curiously.

Lookbook did not know 5-1 and 5-2 it counts up to 12 5,6,7, and so on.

Hope there will be an update this week. ED is also checking what causes these errors.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I am on my third try, am i supposed to land and that blue smoke on the hill? seems a bit too slope!

Oh, btw, on my next try, the mission closed it self on my way to the area of operations (a bit after i was told to get low) and as you can see, i was low (maybe too much?) dunno if thats a problem

Hey Lexe

This is a rescue mission, so time is crucial. Mission stops on the way when you to slow. But there should be a message, that the Teams are dead or detained.

The video with the blue smoke was a little bit short, so I need to explain more.

Ther is blue smoke when entering the valley, indicating the Alpha position.

On the way, you need to stop advancing troops. Than Alpha will relocate, and you get a second blue smoke at a long narrow clearing.

There you need to pick up Alpha and transport them to the mountainside at the beginning of the valley.

This is a mission with surprise, but Peter will help you out.

Always happy landings ;)

Hi CHPL, both videos start at the beginning of the mission, i just linked to an specific point, but u can go back in time to the beginning. Regards.

Enviado desde mi ALE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Like I thought in the first place SMOKE indicates the actual position of ALPHA.

First, destroy enemy infantry, then Alpha is able to move to a more shallow LZ nearby.

Always happy landings ;)

• 6 months later...

Hi CHPL! Thank you for building this campaign; I am now a much more skilled helicopter pilot than I was before I began these missions!

I am stuck in "Mission 11", as you are calling it in this thread. I have had success with eliminating the first rush of attackers, and with landing to pick up the troops. However, I noticed that the "embark troops" command (F7-F1) does not work correctly... Pressing F7 brings up the detail, but there is no F1 choice available, only F11 and F12. The door gunner reports that everyone is on board, though, and I can pick up and go. (Visually, the Alpha group is still standing in the LZ, but I think they "un-spawn" in a minute.)

The next step is where I get stuck. I don't know if this is the big surprise for the mission, so I will try to hide my comment with a spoiler tag...

Arriving in front of the building, I am prompted to disembark the troops with the F7-F1 command, and again no F1 option appears. This time, although the doors open, I don't think the troops get out of the helicopter. Nothing else seems to happen. I do not get instructions to take off and get the Bravo squad, and no other friendly forces appear in the area (except for Wolf 1 and Wolf 3, after a while). The map seems to be calm at this point, and there seems to be no way to continue the mission.

Do you have any suggestions for finishing this mission successfully? I know my crew would like to be done with it; we have been up that valley 15 times already!

Thanks again!

Rick

Hi CHPL! Thank you for building this campaign; I am now a much more skilled helicopter pilot than I was before I began these missions!

I am stuck in "Mission 11", as you are calling it in this thread. I have had success with eliminating the first rush of attackers, and with landing to pick up the troops. However, I noticed that the "embark troops" command (F7-F1) does not work correctly... Pressing F7 brings up the detail, but there is no F1 choice available, only F11 and F12. The door gunner reports that everyone is on board, though, and I can pick up and go. (Visually, the Alpha group is still standing in the LZ, but I think they "un-spawn" in a minute.)

The next step is where I get stuck. I don't know if this is the big surprise for the mission, so I will try to hide my comment with a spoiler tag...

Arriving in front of the building, I am prompted to disembark the troops with the F7-F1 command, and again no F1 option appears. This time, although the doors open, I don't think the troops get out of the helicopter. Nothing else seems to happen. I do not get instructions to take off and get the Bravo squad, and no other friendly forces appear in the area (except for Wolf 1 and Wolf 3, after a while). The map seems to be calm at this point, and there seems to be no way to continue the mission.

Do you have any suggestions for finishing this mission successfully? I know my crew would like to be done with it; we have been up that valley 15 times already!

Thanks again!

Rick[/quote

Hey Rick, embark and disembark are broken at the moment. But we expect that ED will fix that problem in this week's update.

Mission 11 is the only mission we use that core DCS function for a more realistic feeling in this narrow LZ's.

Doors open or closed are scripted trigger actions and says nothing about the actual trigger.

So let's hope it will be fixed this week as promised. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

Embark Troops Works

Hey Rick, embark and disembark are broken at the moment. But we expect that ED will fix that problem in this week's update.

Mission 11 is the only mission we use that core DCS function for a more realistic feeling in this narrow LZ's.

Doors open or closed are scripted trigger actions and says nothing about the actual trigger.

So let's hope it will be fixed this week as promised. :thumbup:

We went back to the valley and successfully completed the mission. The EMBARK and DISEMBARK commands work perfectly now. I am glad they were able to fix the problem.

I did notice a terrible lag/stutter after dropping off B squad... only one frame per second until after I had taken off. Then, the motion became smooth again and I could fly normally. Each update seems to make the VR performance worse, in my opinion.

Thanks again for this campaign. I am enjoying it very much.

Rick