Sudden issues with Rift S

navyao

I've had my Rift S set up now for about 3 weeks. It had been running great, love it! Then started it up on Sunday, fired up DCS and the sim seems to take forever to load. I keep seeing the floating hour glass more frequently. Menu finally comes up and I click on multiplayer and join a server. Again, takes longer than normal to load. Finally come to the screen where I can choose my aircraft, I do so and click briefing. Again, long wait and the hour glass pops up every 7 - 11 seconds. Finally, I'm in the jet. Cockpit and environment loads, still slow. Still getting the hour glass every 7 - 11 seconds, turn my head and half of what I see is black. So I delete some of the saved game files in DCS, restart my pc - no joy, same issue. I update drivers, restart - no joy, same issue. I uninstall the Oculus software and reinstall - no joy, same issue. Have any of you guys experienced this? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Again, this wasn't an issue a week ago, all of a sudden this started. Here are my system specs: Intel Core i7-8086K 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 32.0 GB RAM, 36.6 GB VRAM.

Thanks in advance

The other standard procedure is to wipe your metashaders folder.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi navyao !

i had a similar problem some day`s ago.

I have the CV1 but it turned out that it had nothing to do at all with DCS.

Check this post :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249533

This is just me guestimating whaty you are experiensing atm., cause it sound`s very familiar to what i saw and lost my sleep over until someone made us look in a total different direction.

All the best