UH-1 TUTORIALS

CHPL

This is Tutorial No. 2 about a fast engine startup procedure that brings you up in the air.

A quick startup guide or video may only contain the necessary steps. However, that will be a lousy decision too.

Any wrong or careless doing you catch up at the beginning is hard to correct in the future, and bad habits may follow you a lifetime.

So this Video guide shows not the fastest way to start up, but the let's say most practicable way to a quick start and should be easy to memorize.

Helicopter Pilot Meeting Point on DISCORD

https://discord.gg/CXCA7rf

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks a lot for these tutorials, there are very little videos of this type for the UH, apart from the Test Flight series made by Bunyap many years ago :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks a lot for these tutorials, there are very little videos of this type for the UH, apart from the Test Flight series made by Bunyap many years ago :)

Of course it is nice to see this videos, but that theere are little videos of this type of the Huey is wrong.

Type in in youtube Argo Camapign as an example, very much others videos it gives

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Tutorial No. 7 is out there

What is the difference between a normal takeoff / normal landing and his combat counterparts?

The answer is for sure pretty simple and maybe supprising for you. :smilewink:

By the way.

I am not a military pilot and never flown even combat like missions. But it is not that difficult to see the differences.

Is this the right time to talk about Combat takeoff and landing during flight training. Maybe not in the first few.

But there is another, more vital aspect that needs to point at any time.

Fling a helicopter is not only moving an aircraft from one place to another, which is only a matter of training. More critical is that fling a helicopter is, much more than an airplane, a constant decision-making process.

Next will be Hover and specific training.

Always happy landings ;)

• 1 month later...

Bell UH-1 Tutorial 7 / HOVER nice and easy

Most newbies in the helicopter world believe Hover ist the most challenging and most important thing to learn. :lol:

And if you watched my previous videos and followed the advice given, and of course, train allots, you are already able to hover.

But there is still something to say about hovering —how to get into it the right and easy way and how to train and improve it.

To be honest, Many of you may not follow my advice,:music_whistling: and instead, they are trying to achieve a faster success or at least have instant fun flying around. :pilotfly:

Therefore let's start again with some basics. This video may be a review of already explained steps, but this time only focused on how to hover.

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks a lot for all these tutorials, they really help to learn This craft :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 years later...

Hello and welcome.

Let's walk together through the processes during an autorotation.

If the powerplant fails, there is no reason to panic, but we have very little time to react by lowering the collective and using the cyclic to prevent the aircraft from diving. At the same time, we step on the pedal because, with the thrust also, the torque disappears.

In DCS, you can autorotate a helicopter, do just about anything wrong, and still land safely.
All the more vital that you know how to do it correctly, at least in theory.

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Many, primarily if you use a joystick with a spring as cyclic, use the trim function in various helicopters in DCS.

Through a video on another channel, I was made aware of how trim negatively affected control during autorotation and decided to investigate this further. I don't want to get too much ahead of myself, but I think ED has solved this very well. Why I can't just use the trim reset function is beyond me. The argument in the real Huey is that different, can I so, also do not let apply.

Therefore in detail, an autorotation without trim as well as a "normal" with as well as one in the border area with active trim. When you sweat, blood, and tears depends on how much you know about how an autorotation is done correctly.

:surrender: Please start this video only if you are suitably mentally and morally stable or just as stupid as I am and will not notice the error. :surrender:

I quote this video is "shameful" and may endanger your mental and spiritual health.

Disregarding all technical assistance, it contains a catastrophic, shocking, and disturbing spelling error.

I will not remove the error, of course. As a Swabian, I'm not only almost perfect, I'm also damn good-looking, and none of my countless loves has ever complained because I have their name "misspelled or forgotten.

As an honest guy and A..... I stand by my shortcomings.

THANKS FOR YOR SUPPORT AND HAVE FUN WITH THIS USELESS GRABAGE OF VIDEO! :wavetowel::worthy:

Edited by CHPL
  • Thanks 1

Always happy landings ;)