AJS37 cockpit build

outbaxx

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't stop grinning. This is amazing work, well done indeed!

How did you make the panels with the backlighting work? Presume it was done with a CNC router?

I'm trying to work out the best method for mine. I don't really want to build/buy a CNC router just for the panels and paying somebody else seems quite expensive.

At the moment I just have printed labels on black MDF but it doesn't look very good and of course cannot be backlit.

I can't stop grinning. This is amazing work, well done indeed!

How did you make the panels with the backlighting work? Presume it was done with a CNC router?

I'm trying to work out the best method for mine. I don't really want to build/buy a CNC router just for the panels and paying somebody else seems quite expensive.

At the moment I just have printed labels on black MDF but it doesn't look very good and of course cannot be backlit.

The panels with back light are bought from Novelair, they are made from transparent acrylic so it’s fairly easy to make it work. The others are 3d-printed and cannot be backlit. So I have the same problem as you :)
Laser cutter and NC-router would be nice to have in the future. Just short of space/money/time right now :)

• 1 year later...