Ability to set Idle/AB/(other?) Detent point.

Ant0ine

Hey Antoine, thank you for your detailed guide. I'm a little confused though when it comes to determining the value I should use in the Cubic Bezier Spline for my Throttle. I'm flying the Tomcat, and the burners kick in at roughly 16%. How does that translate to the Y value in the Spline?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hey Antoine, thank you for your detailed guide. I'm a little confused though when it comes to determining the value I should use in the Cubic Bezier Spline for my Throttle. I'm flying the Tomcat, and the burners kick in at roughly 16%. How does that translate to the Y value in the Spline?

Use the "input viewer" tool in Joystick Gremlin to see that.

Open it and display your throttle axes value, move your throttle axes to the F14 detent and check the value that the input viewer tool report. For exemple -80%. The control point Y value would be -0.8.

• 3 weeks later...

All of this to just set our A/B detent!!!!! Really? I have a lot of respect for what you are trying to do but sorry, ED should have had this in the setup GUI years ago! Shake my head sometimes....

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 7 months later...

On 8/3/2020 at 11:49 AM, MustangSally said:

All of this to just set our A/B detent!!!!! Really? I have a lot of respect for what you are trying to do but sorry, ED should have had this in the setup GUI years ago! Shake my head sometimes....

I agree...