Should I get this plane on preorder, or the Mirage on sale half off?

nicktune1219

Which one should I get? I have enough money for either.

Once the Viper is released onto EA it will be full price for at least a year, as happened with the Hornet .. while the Mirage will be on discount on every future sale. So, I would go with the Viper now and save 20% and then purchase the mirage on the winter sale.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I tend to buy modules directly from ED. When making changes to DCS-World, you can be sure that they will be adapting their modules to the new versions. I am not so sure about third party vendors (see VEAO with their Hawk).

That doesn't mean that I like no third party modules at all. Just take a look at my signature. ;)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

How is the Jf-17 a more complete aircraft than the F-16c?

Well, if you ask the person who posted it, they'll tell you it's more complete because it has an A/G Radar.

Back on topic, I agree with the comment earlier about the fact that the F16 will not be on sale again for AT LEAST a year, while the Mirage will probably be on sale every time there is a sale.......

i5-6480 | 1070Ti 8GB | 16GB DDR3 | TM T16000 FCS |

F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | Spitfire | FW 190 D9 | BF 109 K4 | Mig15 | AV8B NA | Mirage 2000 | L39 | Yak52 | UH1 Huey | Mi8 | C101 | FC3 | F16 | P47 | Mi24

"I just don't like entitled little kids" :music_whistling:

Well, if you ask the person who posted it, they'll tell you it's more complete because it has an A/G Radar.

Back on topic, I agree with the comment earlier about the fact that the F16 will not be on sale again for AT LEAST a year, while the Mirage will probably be on sale every time there is a sale.......

Assuming both will be released this autumn, The JF-17 will most likely have less systems missing/more features close to be complete than the F-16. That's what I ment.

Assuming both will be released this autumn, The JF-17 will most likely have less systems missing/more features close to be complete than the F-16. That's what I ment.

My problem with the comments is this: based on what? How do we know the systems are even remotely realistic? Do the Devs have inside access to simulators/industry insiders/pilots that can verify accuracy? I'm skeptical of this module, since they could could implement whatever the hell they want, and nobody would be the wiser........

I admit a certain amount of bias against REDFOR, but nothing I have seen so far regarding the JF-17 makes me excited, nor confident that we are looking at any semblance of realism.

But hey, I'm also not a JF-17 expert, nor a software developer.........

F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | Spitfire | FW 190 D9 | BF 109 K4 | Mig15 | AV8B NA | Mirage 2000 | L39 | Yak52 | UH1 Huey | Mi8 | C101 | FC3 | F16 | P47 | Mi24

Mirage. I do not support preorder culture. Buy the F-16 once it's in EA. Same for JF-17.

@PhillMag How do we know ED module systems are even remotely realistic? They've said they change some things in systems and fm. How much is altered? Nobody knows.

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

How do we know the systems are even remotely realistic? Do the Devs have inside access to simulators/industry insiders/pilots that can verify accuracy?
You'll have to wait for someone with hands-on experience with a Block I JF-17 chimes in. Yes they do have access and have spoken about it on facebook and other mediums. Is it enough, I personally don't know.

I'm skeptical of this module, since they could could implement whatever the hell they want, and nobody would be the wiser........
As can any Dev.

I will give every new 3rd Party Dev 1 module. After that I can determine if they are worth supporting going forward. They are putting a lot of TLC into this module and it stands to reason that it will turn out to be a really good module. Authenticity is going to be up to those with first-hand experience.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Hey Nick!

In this case the decision would be very simple for me. I own the Mirage, but since i fly DCS, i have wished that the F16 comes. Why, is simple to answer. I was born in 1976. In this year the F16 was produced in series. The F16 is the first jet fighter at all i can remember as a child. This plane is an absolute beauty to this day, and still in service in so many countries. And still feared! ;) I think the subtitle "fly a legend!" was made for this plane. For me, the F16 is a "must have" in DCS like the A10C. First Day pre-ordered! :thumbup: (Of course!)

Don't look for the money or the data-sheet! Man, let your heart decide! :joystick::thumbup:

Mirage. I do not support preorder culture. Buy the F-16 once it's in EA. Same for JF-17.

@PhillMag How do we know ED module systems are even remotely realistic? They've said they change some things in systems and fm. How much is altered? Nobody knows.

We know this because there's a few ex-F18 and F16 pilots that lurk around the forums, and would be quick to point out glaring inaccuracies. Due to the fact that there are limitations with the UI that would impede the player's interfacing with the machine, certain creative liberties are required, but I do not think these drastically interfere with the overall experience or realism........can't say I've come across a post admitting that the FM's are wrong though.

Not picking a fight, but why do you not support pre-order culture, and why would you advise others to follow your example?

Not picking a fight, but why do you not support pre-order culture, and why would you advise others to follow your example?

Firstly, because the whole thing started with good intentions to get some money in advance in order to be able to finish a product, but then some companies realized that it's a good idea to pre-sell games and then deliver half-assed product. And it's not "few bad apples", lot of developers/publishers (even AAA) do that consistently, I decided to not support the practice.

Secondly, when you consider it business wise, if you do not have money to finish a project and I decide to throw in some money, it's not a purchase anymore, it's an investment - completely different expectations and I can negotiate revenue percentage for example.

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Check the tube for Mirage tutorials or which dcs module to buy. I have the Mirage and while it is fun to fly I am sure the F16 is a much more capable plane in the hands of a rookie such as myself. The mirage is basically a French interceptor from what I understand while the F16 is great for close-in dogfight, S.E.A.D. and general mud moving missions.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

What a nice question, lets investigate

It is very easy to answer if you really want to. Here are the things being worked on currently for the viper, regarding early access release.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4041342&postcount=9

Sadly there is no such post for the JF-17, or lets put it this way, I wasnt able to find one withing the 2 minutes I am willing to spend to answer this question, so lets look at the youtube channel of the developer:

In this video we saw several a/g radar modes, anti ship missile and a "man in the loop" cuise missile that can be remote controlled during the last phase of its flight. Next video is going to give us air to air radar, including a TWS mode (viper wont have that at release)

The first academic video from a week ago showed us: TGP, some jsow style weapon and a mav style weapon, while also getting this quote: "For thunders combat cpability, we've almost finished all our planned weapons and sensors"

So yea it is a very safe bet that the jf-17 will be more feature complete and this is not just something some randoms say because a/g radar ;)

My problem with the comments is this: based on what? How do we know the systems are even remotely realistic? Do the Devs have inside access to simulators/industry insiders/pilots that can verify accuracy? I'm skeptical of this module, since they could could implement whatever the hell they want, and nobody would be the wiser........

I admit a certain amount of bias against REDFOR, but nothing I have seen so far regarding the JF-17 makes me excited, nor confident that we are looking at any semblance of realism.

Supposedly they do have access to simulators pilots and industry guys.

And by the looks of it it will be far more complete than the f16 on day1.

As for the mirage its currently being reworked, so id hold off if you want to buy a more finished module.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Which one should I get? I have enough money for either.

Mirage.

It's 50% off which is rare, fairly complete, and about to receive a bunch of updates due to AdA feedback.

But mostly Mirage because the F-16 is going to be in EA for a long time if the Hornet is anything to go by.

By the time it's closer to actual release, I suspect the year will have passed, and if the suprising happens and it is complete earlier, well, it's only 20% discount. Not really something you going to miss if you're saving up over potentially 12 months. Plus if you wait, when you finally fly it it'll have had more stuff added and bugs squashed.

Also, don't support EA culture :p

Edited by Buzzles

My guess is that they have a contract with Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group and an OK from Beijing. Otherwise they would have been reeducated already lol. You wouldn't mess around with this, as we have seen here lately. Must be a little more laxed then Russia with it.

Also, The J11 (Shenyang Aircraft Corporation) could be getting updated with MFD's (is still under negotiation) as seen here.

https://www.facebook.com/dekaironworksims/videos/248640625812883/

These guy's could be in doing things already for Shenyang? and are doing something like ED with the A-10C ANG perhaps.

These EFM video's to me looks like they have a good source of info to build the model and the FCS.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link