TAC 17 Route to Egress Point and Land

Hamilton

Dear friends,

Would someone please explain to me the correct altitudes to follow in this mission, mainly after takeoff until CP Bravo.

After "Playtime is over" information, and after refueling to landing, I saw the page 12 (TAC17 Mission Data.pdf) it is FL060-070, but I´m not sure...

Thanks!

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Hard to say without seeing a trk file of your flight. You can compare your attempt to Recon Stewart's video.

If you killed the target and heard Chevy's FOXTROT message indicating the SOF team is ready for pickup then when you get to WP Alpha the FE should request clearance. Then you exit the MOA after that.

If it continues and you are certain to be within the MOA boundaries then I suggest a DCS Repair or uninstall and reinstall the campaign. This has been known to correct trigger issues for most users.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

You can compare your attempt to Recon Stewart's video.

The problem of those Recon Stewart's videos is that he "cut" the video after "playtime is over" msg and goes directly to short final to land, then I can´t figure out the altitudes that he followed in the meantime.

I edited my previous post above because now my question is only about the altitudes to keep in this mission, mainly from after takeoff until CP Bravo.

Thanks!

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

There is an old thread somewhere in the forums where some A-10 SMEs were talking about the altimeter setting and they indicated that real A-10 pilots do not change the setting but leave it at 2992.

So all our A-10 missions are designed to be flown with the setting like that (which is the default the plane starts in).

If you fly within the altitudes as indicated in the briefings with the 2992 setting you won't encounter any altitude block violations.

I'll post a link to the thread if I can find it again.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

If you fly within the altitudes as indicated in the briefings with the 2992 setting you won't encounter any altitude block violations.

Hello Sabre, I think they already fixed it , I´ve just finished this mission and I used the 28:32 inHg setting from the Mission briefing / Tower and had no problems.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Just a note tower give QFE, not QNH. QFE is relevant when referring to AGL levels like pattern altitudes etc. Normally when AGL is relevant, I'll just fly on radar altimeter and visual. In IFR conditions, you should set altimeter to QFE for approach to ensure you have alternative altimeter indication.