Need help with ejection rig

Mt5_Roie

So I was at work and noticed that they were getting rid of old fire alarm pulls and decided to grab one. My intent is to wire it up and use it as an ejection mechanism. Here's a quick video of what I have now:

So I can have it simulate a momentary pulse....but I know DCS needs you to press eject three times to work. Anyone have any ideas how I can make this work?

I plan on repainting the box box and making it look like more of an ejection handle in the future.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

To me this seems like I'm a hammer banging in screws. Or more accurately driving nails with a drill. But you could make a 555 timer circuit that has a say, 0.25 second pulses. That could be adjusted. Then you could run that signal through the switch. It would do more than three pulses, but that's fine. You'll be out of the cockpit, then you reset the switch before you get back into a plane. Does that sound like something you'd go for? If so I can draw up a circuit for you.

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To me this seems like I'm a hammer banging in screws. Or more accurately driving nails with a drill. But you could make a 555 timer circuit that has a say, 0.25 second pulses. That could be adjusted. Then you could run that signal through the switch. It would do more than three pulses, but that's fine. You'll be out of the cockpit, then you reset the switch before you get back into a plane. Does that sound like something you'd go for? If so I can draw up a circuit for you.

That would be great....not familiar with a 555 timer circuit so will look into it.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Here you go, this circuit should work for punching out. I've used this 555 circuit a few times and it works well. The good thing is it uses a potentiometer so you can adjust the frequency. I'd recommend a small one that soldered right to the board, because it'll be set and forget. It's important that it's a 10K ohm pot. This one is set to run at around 1 second pulses. But you'll be able to make it go faster or slower depending on what you need. If you don't have an oscilloscope you can just connect an LED to the output (pin 3) and make sure its blinking about as fast as you'd press the "I wanna be anywhere but here" button. Pins 2 & 6 are connected.

Lastly you'll need to put a pull down resistor after the the switch to keep the 555 from shorting to ground, as well as dissipating the charge when the switch is open. Read the button press from this part of the circuit.

If it doesn't cycle fast enough change out the capacitor for one of a lower value. But by my calculations you should be able to get 3 pulses per second.

1596952554_555ejectionseat.thumb.JPG.390b23c9209a6974a28b8c30c62ea632.JPG

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Use joy2key. I have my ejection handle working flawlessly with it.

20190922_033810.thumb.jpg.63fddb2e6a39f3ae346cea524cb1dbfd.jpg

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals