DCS not seeing X-56 shift state change...

I imagine the X56 selector switch is ON-OFF-ON and by default send continuous button press on ON Position. So in DCS you want to use "Modifiers" instead of "Switches". Modifier release when virtual button is released.

k7xUMDW.png

Edited by Ant0ine

Ok then if you do everything via the Logitech software I think you should solve your problem by turning OFF, or ON the latched option on your "mod selector".

https://www.saitek.com/manuals/SST_Manual_En.pdf

Latched: this enables the

button to behave like a

‘keypress repeat’ if a command

has been assigned to that

button.

If the button has been set up as

shift button and then set as

latched, it will behave more like

a keyboard lock key so that you

press it once to lock it and

press again to unlock it - see

below for more information.

The closest I ever got to making the Mode switch work was to go under Grid View, and assign Modes 2 & 3 as an Advanced Command keypress. I used keyboard #2 and #3, then went into DCS and under 'modifiers' set the keyboard press 2 & 3. It still wouldn't work half the time like it was not registering so I'd have to spin the dial a couple times back and forth. I never could get the X-56 bindings to work from the Logitech software entirely. The only part that worked for me was setting the mini-sticks to Bands to use as slew control and A/A weapon select. I eventually gave up and am slowly moving on to a Thrustmaster system.

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

The closest I ever got to making the Mode switch work was to go under Grid View, and assign Modes 2 & 3 as an Advanced Command keypress. I used keyboard #2 and #3, then went into DCS and under 'modifiers' set the keyboard press 2 & 3. It still wouldn't work half the time like it was not registering so I'd have to spin the dial a couple times back and forth. I never could get the X-56 bindings to work from the Logitech software entirely. The only part that worked for me was setting the mini-sticks to Bands to use as slew control and A/A weapon select. I eventually gave up and am slowly moving on to a Thrustmaster system.

The interesting thing is my throttle works fine on the first mode switch over, it's the joy stick that needs the double back and forth from mode 1 to mode 2. Remember they each have their own USB connection.

I don't have the X56 nor any other Saitek/Logitech hotas so can't really help further. If I had one I would UnProgram as much button as possible. Edit to add : And look for a way to load that "UnProgrammed" profile by default/on StartUp.

Unprogrammed: This will remove any programmed command and make the button behave like a normal game controller button.

Then I would use Joystick Gremlin to do all kind advanced programmation. Including "mode/layer" and shift of course.

Edited by Ant0ine

I don't have the X56 nor any other Saitek/Logitech hotas so can't really help further. If I had one I would UnProgram as much button as possible. Edit to add : And look for a way to load that "UnProgrammed" profile by default/on StartUp.

Then I would use Joystick Gremlin to do all kind advanced programmation. Including "mode/layer" and shift of course.

Thank you, I'll follow-up on your suggestions. Is joystick gremlin unlimited free or shareware?

Edited by fitness88

You are putting the selector in the mode you are programming when you program it? In other words program all mode 1 commands with the selector in mode 1, mode 2 with the selector in mode 2, etc.

Yes mode is in the correct position to correspond to what I'm mapping.

I'm getting things sorted out slowly but surely...thanks.

SOLVED:

Update:

It wasn't my mode switch not working correctly it was my lack of understanding how buttons change commands in ACM or auto acquisition. After much reading about the different layers of sensors/weapons and how they all work together, with trial and error I now have things working properly.

Sorry to have put you all through this...thanks for all your efforts at trying to help me.

Edited by fitness88