Armed Assault

Ice

Arma II is a definite purchase. I liked Arma, despite its bugs.

As for OFP2, well. We havent actually seen much *real gameplay* unless

I missed something here?

OF course the devs and publishers will talk a lot about how great their game is but its hardly anything we havent seen before.

I cannot make a statement about it before I see it for real. but I hope they surprise me in a good way.

Allthough there is a chance it might end up more like an instant action shooter game instead of more tactical simulation like arma/ofp

The community newbie

http://winsbydefault.com/pics/dctf1ibxh7.gif

Replace this image! It's too big! © Administration

(max size: 150pix height, 50kb)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arma II is a definite purchase. I liked Arma, despite its bugs.

As for OFP2, well. We havent actually seen much *real gameplay* unless

I missed something here?

OF course the devs and publishers will talk a lot about how great their game is but its hardly anything we havent seen before.

I cannot make a statement about it before I see it for real. but I hope they surprise me in a good way.

Althoughthere is a chance it might end up more like an instant action shooter game instead of more tactical simulation like arma/ofp

I think, one way or another, we're going to be getting a sweet tactical shooter before too long. ArmA 2 should be, at the least, an improved version of ArmA (better graphics, less bugs, slightly more linear feel to avoid wandering the planet for 10 hours, good but less god-like AI, etc). If OF2 lives up to its own hype and seemingly unbelievable in-game clips/screen shots, then it could end up being even better. Worse case, we get something very cool and beautiful to play in ArmA 2, and OF2 is disappointing b/c the graphics don't live up to the hype or it ends up more like COD than Arma. Still not a bad situation. Best case, both end up tremendous, and I'm a very happy camper. :)

considering OfP2 uses a modified version of the DiRT engine.

and yes ArmA uses the same engine as Ofp but updated, same with ArmA 2 uses the updated ArmA engine.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

What will be in ArmA II?: USMC United States Marine Corps USMC deployment in Chernarus consists of 27th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable), which is supposed to overturn the balance in the civil war in the favor of Chernarussian government. Marines are skilled in assymetrical warfare and are backed up by superior weapons and technology. USMC „Celer, Silens, Mortalis." (Swift, Silent, Deadly.) - Force Reconnaissance motto * Marines wear MARPAT camouflage and are equipped with state-of-the-art personal weapons: M16A4 assault rifles, M4 carbines, SAW and M240 machineguns and many other special-purpose weapons. * Standard part of ground forces are LAV-25 light armored personel carriers,...... More here + video http://www.arma2.com/united-states-marine-corps_en.html

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

ArmA sucks.

Wile I agree with you. it does have its place. It helps keep all the TKers and wana be pilots busy off my sever. :thumbup:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

It is one of those games that is unforgiving if you go it alone. But that also makes it fun at times..... when you aren't going it alone :D

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I find ArmA pretty good IF you use team tactics are actually do bit of planning before starting on a mission. I hate quake stuff and servers that have missions/maps like that I avoid. Playing COOP with squad mates is a blast... the only thing I dislike about ArmA is warping when AI runs (ruins so many nice sniper shots :( )

No longer active in DCS...

yea that tics me off to Kuky. you'd think they would fix that since its practacly the stupidest thing in the game right now..... and its an easy fix.... the close and the far animations are not lining up right so they move slow at far but really they are moving faster and then they jump to that new position.... easy fix? gues not :(

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

I find ArmA pretty good IF you use team tactics are actually do bit of planning before starting on a mission. I hate quake stuff and servers that have missions/maps like that I avoid. Playing COOP with squad mates is a blast... the only thing I dislike about ArmA is warping when AI runs (ruins so many nice sniper shots :( )

How can you miss with that M107 howitzer you always run around with? Hell if the storm troopers from Star Wars had one of those things the heroes would be toast and the movie would be over in 30 minutes.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• ED Team

What will be in ArmA II?(part2): Citizens of Chernarus Proud people of Chernarus were divided by the civil war and its consequences. Majority of Chernarussian citizens are of Chernarussian nationality, with their own language and culture. There is also Russian ethnic minority living mainly in the northern territories, where Russian is second official language. People are also divided by their political alignments and sympathies. Citizen „Yes, I'm pretty sure 'twas him. Yeah, it might have been a group of guerillas in ghillie suits, but Sir, snipers surely wouldn't try to unscrew that Chedak's head!“ - from notes of Cpt. Dressler, Marine Corps Intelligence Activity * Chernarussians are mostly villagers or foresters. City people from the coast work mainly in harbours and factories. * After the civil war, life is equally boring everywhere: not much remains of the few cultural events and entertainment the distant Northern Province previously had to offer. * Citizens are quite friendly to soldiers, sometimes even providing valuable intel. However, they rarely speak English, so knowledge of Chernarussian or Russian really helps. * Causing any harm to the civilian population could lead to a loss of support and hostility towards the soldiers..... More here + new video: http://www.arma2.com/citizens_en.html

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Every time a AI Ka-50 shows up you can hear the fear in peoples voices in co-op. It's kind of funny.

Now ArmA 2 will have the Ka-52...great fun ahead :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• ED Team

What will be in ArmA II?(part3): ChDKZ Chernarussian Movement Of The Red Star Although the communist insurgency has its roots in underground, it is now conventional force with military structure and weapon platforms captured from Chernarussian government or provided by international arms dealers. This has given ChDKZ enough power to start coup against the government. umsc-frsoldier „One man with a gun can control hundred without one.“ - V. I. Lenin * Insurgents wear various old fatigues of Russian origin, commonly in urban color scheme. They are armed by variety of personal weapons, ranging from old AKMs to captured AK-74s. Anti-tank and anti-armor launchers of various types are commonly used as ChDKZ purchases them from arms dealers in great numbers. * Insurgents lack logistic infrastructure of modern army, therefore the vehicles they use don't appear in.... More here + new video: http://www.arma2.com/chernarussian-movement-of-the-red-sta_en.html

• Like 1

• ED Team

What will be in ArmA II?(part4): CDF Chernarussian Defence Forces Chernarussian military has been trained by Western armies in past years, but it retains weapons and equipment of the Soviet Army, its direct predecessor. Its main task during the past years for was to fight challenging counter-insurgecy campaign in the mountaineous regions of Northern Chernarus. cdf-soldier "In the name of freedom, equality and brotherhood of nations of the Fatherland, we swear to fight for the freedom and independence of the Republic of Chernarus." - from the Oath of Enlistment of CDF * Equipment of CDF soldiers is a mixture of older gear, modern kevlar helmets and camouflage fatigues based on Soviet airborne uniform design. Soldiers are armed with AK-74 rifles, PKMs and other personal weapons of Eastern provenience. * CDF uses whole spectrum of Cold-War era vehicles: T-72 main battle tanks, BRDM-2 and BMP-2 personel carriers, UAZ cars and Ural trucks. * High mobility of CDF troops in the mountains is ensured by Mi-17 transport helos. Close air support is provided by Su-25 attack jets and... More here + new video: http://www.arma2.com/chernarussian-defence-forces-2_en.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

What will be in ArmA II?(part5): Russian Armed Forces Russian contingent of Chernarussian Peacekeeping Forces consists of elite Guard Motor Rifle battalion, reinforced by armor, artillery and attack helicopter detachments. Based on their previous experience with counter-guerilla operations, Russians also make good use of special forces. rus-regsoldier „A broad expanse for dreams and for lives Is opened to us by the coming years.“ - from the anthem of the Russian Federation * Russian soldiers wear Flora woodland pattern and modern load-bearing vests combined with older protective gear. They are armed with AK-107 assault rifles, rugged PKM machineguns, RPG-18s and RPG-7s with modern warheads. * Special Forces (Spetsnaz) are battle-hardened veterans who wear unique „Gorka" fatigues and use special silenced weapons, sniper rifles and explosives. They are trained in counter-terrorist ops, speak Chernarussian and allegedly have operated in the area for a long time. * Contingent of Russian troops is equipped with T-90 main battle tanks and modern armored personnel carriers: wheeled Vodniks and BTR-90 and sturdy and powerful tracked BMP-3. * Russian tactics also rely on Mi-24 Hind and Ka-....More here + new video: http://www.arma2.com/russian-armed-forces_en.html

Looking real good there i may get into this when version 2 arrives.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2