Black Shark news?

Flyby

Lock On came out at the end of 2003. You can't expect ED to be constantly updating it. I don't use many mods at the moment and there are times when Lock On looks absolutely breath taking.

I will admit that a patch sounds like it would make most of the community happier (won't bother me, I don't need no steenking modelling defficiences to make me miss with an AMRAAM), but the patch still wouldn't include models, texture upgrades etc.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not expecting to hear this. I thought Ed said all along that this would be an addon to LOFC.

I certaily can't buy it now. Not the first version anyway.

I do applaud Ed and thier continuded strive for military game play. I hope to buy the A10 when they can turn it out. =S=

Coffee

I was sad at first, then happy, then sad again... because i realize that lock on will not be upgraded, but the Ka-50 will have other planes along with it... bu then i realize its going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG tome before ED makes another fast jet sim... and that's what they have done for a while (flanker, flanker 2.0, lock on...)

I will buy BS. and it's good there's new code and it will work well with vista!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I like this new concept. My only concern is the time between new add-ons as this is very time consuming and, AFAIK, the ED doesn't have a large team. Also, as the time passes, the engine will need revamps in graphics department to keep it up to date regarding the visuals and this might be a problem as the previous add-ons would need updates as well.

Hopefully it will all work to everyone's satisfaction. I have no problems shelling out 50$ per add-on, especially if they are at the advertised level.

Doesn't this concept seem rather similar to what Fighter Ops would/will be?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

FC will be an addon for DCS:BS!

Answer would be yes but it will be a long long way down the road. They have already mentioned Apache and A10. That will take care of any addons for a while. Expect this to be a helicopter sim for sometime before fast movers ever show up. Hope they hold true to their word on a 1.13 patch. This is what I see IMHO. and I did say that BS would probably be a stand alone, some time ago. I do not disagree with the way they are moving but realistically this addon way will take a very long time to get where most of us would like to be. Just take it as it comes. When it gets to the A10 and fast movers I will jump in but not till then.Cheers.

first impressions, really not good

I've remember various info posted about earlier.. better afm, speedtrees, extended terrain, ground units, new jets in the future... news posted some years ago... lots of news that made "foaming" lots of simmers in here including myself

and then one by one, those improvements were removed

we wont use speedtrees

better afm only for KA-50

and

now what

bs = only ka-50 and no lockon compatible

that will be when.. 2008

ok, in 2008 only one chopper will be the deal

then a new flyable every 9months, lets say 1 year (still optimistic)

means we will have A10 in 2009

means we will have SU, MIG, F15 ready by 2015?

actual active lockon community can ask what kind of improvements/innovation will be in lockon patch 1.13 and for when is it planned?

still loving lockon, but 2003 to 201x is a long way

and as a true russian military jets simmer, I dont see good new stuff comming in a near future

• Like 1

=4c= SERBIAN VIRTUAL FIGHTERS SQUADRON

well I think this is probably the best way ahead because as a start, surely we only get Ka-50 but people, this thing will be the hardest thing to learn to fly and master. We get all the goodies like AFM, 6DoF and better terain (although I think we could get terrain improved even more) and also ED are already working on A-10 and Apachee... a two seater in multiplayer?! I think this is pretty good news. And even better, they did say it's very likely they'll give us patch 1.13 for LockOn... if this happens this is still very god news because with all these WIP mods and new patch LockOn will still be very payable for some time, and in the mean time I'm sure it'll take us good few months to master the Ka-50... and just when you do, you get new mean machine with same high detail?! Isn't that good news? I think it is.. yeah sure, there will be some waiting but where it isn't?

We all saw screenshots if WIP of new 3D models of Su-25, Su-27, the MiG-29 that ED are working on... this tells me one day you'll get them as well with same high detail... and that I like.

What can I say... I thought too BS will be an addon for LOFC because I think that's what we were told and but what the heck... getting a highly detailed bird even if it is a helicopter is still a good thing because we'll get a very high quality simulation this time, not just an average one.

And also even if ED di decide to make BS and LOFC lompatible online I doubt many people would want to fly a slow helicopter amongst many jets that can kill it with ease. In the end what ever comes out, if it's good I'll be getting it...

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

I will say that I’m not sure how to react to the news that FC is it for LockOn, besides a patch that may or may not come out. I started out flying Comanche Gold, one of three games out the “Ultimate Flight IV series”. I then moved to Apache Longbow Assault, which was not a bad game. I then came across LockOn modern air combat demo, and was hooked. So I started out flying helo’s and hog’s and it looks like I may be reverting back to the way I came into the siming world. I liked flying helicopters and wanted to fly the A-10 in LockOn and found out there was a lot more to LockOn…like flying the F-(freak`in)15! I have enjoyed the game, the patches, FC add on, the community and all the friendships I have developed over the years ever since. So with DCS BS it’s just going to be a wait and see thing. I don’t like the fact that I’ll have to wait to fly the AH-64 and won’t know which will be first…the AH-64 or the A-10. I know that money is what makes the world go round and I don’t expect anything for free, but marketing DCS BS like MS flight simulator…you are going to have to pay for each AC add-on. This may get a little spendy and MP issues might stop a lot of group play. Personally, I would have rather waited until there were two flyable AC...one red…one blue…or even better a complete package of AC, but that’s just me. I’ve waited this long…another year or two for a complete MP game would have been worth it to me. I have supported ED and their decisions all along and will continue to support them buy purchasing DCS BS when it comes out. I just hope the AC add-on’s are not high priced…that would signal a red flag to me and put my loyalty to ED in question. But for now, I’m 100% behind you ED.

44th_Willy p.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://44thvfw.org

Soo i see this is idea copied from Microsoft Flight Simulators X-planes, navy jets, civilian jets, private jets and so on. The thing is its more perfected with graphics and blowing up stuff and actually seeing damage effects!

For my self i wanted this... being able to see human players fly fighters while i fly chopper and hiding between buildings and sneaking up on airbases... all of this during multiplayer online mode!

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

This is great!

The KA-50 flys like a fast mover but slower. This will be great fun learning all of the bells and whistles.

1.3 Patch for LOCK on? Hummmm Ill put money on the 1.3 Patch after Black Shark release, they will need to see how well it sells first.

I know Ill be getin a copy of BS in 2008, ahhh what month is it going to be released?

:mad:

If a fighter gets a whiff of you, and it can do so rather easily, you're basically dead meat. If you -see- a fighter, someone's not flying right.

For my self i wanted this... being able to see human players fly fighters while i fly chopper and hiding between buildings and sneaking up on airbases... all of this during multiplayer online mode!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well its a new dawn of sorts. We'll all have to stand on the rudder during gunzo matches. lol

It's mixed emotions for me too.

DCS have thrown off the limits of Ubi but can't share in some of the strengths that it brings, if there were any. Getting away from this approximate formula will be much more fun for DCS ---> (Gross – License) x Royalty – Advance => Net :)

The fidelity factor is so promising but it's also sad that the “Medium fidelity/survey” aircraft can't necessarily be furthered into High fidelity. I hope that some of the fixed wing we already know can be added down the road through some effective legal tactics. Ubi lives on the edge though, they aren't EA and to a lesser extent Activision, and they'll be stingy.

If I am wrong about the above then please tell me so, no one seems to battle too much with the DCS as a response to Ubi connection.

More random thoughts...

Try to hit real DX10 sooner rather than later, establish a graphics standard and then levy the modular nature of the DCS series into easier cash. Going from 8 to 9 to 10 takes longer yes?

I hope the “evaluation” of a 1.13 patch leads to one. It would tide people over well and is in fact needed.