HOT3 wires modelled?

xavnl

Out of interest, are the wires modelled? Can they break?

Despite what one can read about the Gazelle, I like this module, multicrew is really fun.

The wires aren't visibly modelled as in there is no 3d wire you can see. The max range of the wires is modelled codewise though.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I assume flying the missile over water or power lines isn't modeled either?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I assume flying the missile over water or power lines isn't modeled either?

No, this has been both a design choice and technical limitation. As you might know the powerlines in DCS, and I could be wrong here (I still avoid them when flying in DCS), have no collision shell at all. There can be no interaction between the powerlines and another object in DCS. Even so, calculating the movements of a 3d modelled wire in real time over the maximum range of the HOT missile at it's maximum speed would have quite an impact on performance.

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Power lines do have a collision model FYI, they cut your main rotor right off. So I would continue avoiding them in the future. ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Power lines do have a collision model FYI, they cut your main rotor right off. So I would continue avoiding them in the future. ;)

Haha good to know! I have put it on the list to look in to. But with the list getting quite long as it is, I have to be honest interaction of the line with the powerlines won't have the highest priority on this list. We will look in to extending the range of the missile as you move closer to your target though.

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]