'Whoosh' external pass sound?

hughlb

Does anyone know what sound file is used for the 'whoosh' sound, for lack of a better description, when an aircraft passes in close proximity to the flyby (F3) camera. I have always felt this is overdone, and was looking to replace it with a different sound.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The "woosh" is made up of many different sounds, depending on the aircraft. FC3 aircraft have only a few for externals like the engines and wind. But the F/A-18 for example has many sounds, there are even two for one in some instances. You could try changing the wind sounds, but this isn't advisable as it affects all aircraft or change the distant flyby sounds to be more pronounced.

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

Ah good information. I see what you mean, I have found the Hornet sounds that must constitute the sound, but obviously when you play them as files, it doesn't take into account the dynamic position of the sound, as the aircraft passes by - the 'whoosh' is actually just a pitch shift I guess. That's cool, I might have to try adjusting some of the radius in the sdef files. I'll see how I go.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you're talking about the "wind noise", it's extremely annoying. I pretty much all but disabled it for the Hornet sound mod I did. I tried lowering the volume but it just didn't do it, I ended up bringing the radius by which you can hear it in to about 50ft instead of 1200ft. :P

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

All things sound @ Echo 19 Audio

linktr.ee/echo19audio