Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Here is an original version with original sound..

This version is unavailable in my country (Belgium). Silly, isn't it?

I'll try via a proxy.

Thx.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Something the red arows can't do...

The under rated and under powered aircraft.

eWgizMOPVPE

and..

LFzRtOuj5GQ

moer RN

jv8prm4mGEQ

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

"Chinese military spending increases by 11.2% in latest budget"

Although the planned figure is less than last year's 12.7% increase, China's military leaders have said they are unhappy with recent moves by the Obama administration to increase the US military presence in the Asia-Pacific region.

Only twice since the early 1990s has the increase been less than double digits.

Cheers.

Here are some interesting tidbits about the Chinese defense posture, AFAIK:

* the growth in budget is in line with their growth in GDP. So this is not so sinister.

* the cost/man in Chinese defence forces is lower than comparable countries. That means either the figure they have underestimates their manpower, or they have been building forces greater than their budget indicates, or that they get more bang for the buck (take your pick).

* while China has made noises about not wanting to take Taiwan by force, they have increased the number of ballistic missiles on the coast opposite Taiwan dramatically. They are also working hard at a decent navy and amphibious forces. They are certainly giving themselves options. Unfortunately there is a 1979 law which compels the US to defend China in the event of a Taiwanese invasion. So the Chinese havei been working on their carrier-killer ballistic missiles (modified DF-21) to counter this.

* the posture of the Chinese in the South China sea has been very aggressive. Often 'fishing' boats have been used to ram other vessels out of the way. Marines have also been sent to claim unoccupied reefs even in international agreements have assigned them to another country or they are disputed. This has received very bad international press (by those paying attention) and China has noticed and backed off somewhat (which does lead to the question of whether the aggression was sanctioned by authorities - which would be very bad).

* China pretty much claims all of the South China sea, right up to the borders of countries like the Phillipines (that is, far from China).

* China has been contributing to UN peacekeeping and anti-piracy efforts.

* the growth in China's navy appears to be an understandable need for greater deep-water capability to protect the raw materials their economy needs. If their economy falters they know they will have great internal trouble - hence they depend on frail supply lines far more than many realise, and they are planning to ensure that sea lanes are kept open (generally, every nation wants this).

* China is currently stealthily infiltrating Indian territory in and building up strength and facilities in the region. The Indians don't want to cede more territory to China like they did in the last war. If China gets into a brawl it could well be here.

This post is not mean to be anti-Chinese or judgmental. I'm trying to report what I understand are facts about recent military behaviour in South East Asia - since this may be a significant flashpoint in the future. I hope you glean it is a mixed bag. Some things are rational and positive developments. Some do sow doubts on their somewhat inscrutable ultimate aims.

Edited by Moa

Just a thought

You may want to rephrase this if your referring to the Taiwan Relations Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Relations_Act

Here are some interesting tidbits about the Chinese defense posture, AFAIK:

* They are certainly giving themselves options. Unfortunately there is a 1979 law which compels the US to defend China in the event of a Taiwanese invasion. So the Chinese havei been working on their carrier-killer ballistic missiles (modified DF-21) to counter this.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

the growth in budget is in line with their growth in GDP. So this is not so sinister.

Didn't see it as sinister 8)

If I had one of the Republican presidential candidate hopefulls saying that they'd use the US's military might to persuade me to become more democratic (that is, more like the US's idea of plutocracy - whoops - I meant democracy ) I'd be ramping up my spending too...

Seems to me the posturing of all the superpowers is becoming more threatening and aggressive as all see the possibility of changes in the power ballances of the world.

Everyone's eyeing up everyone else's Empire

Think we'll get through the first half of the 21st century without a conflict between at least 2 of the major powers ?

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

A pair of Thunderbolts.

Thunderbolts of two generations: P-47 Thunderbolt together with an A-10C Thunderbolt II from the 355th Fighter Wing. (Photo by Ned Harris)

6802979388_c40f4b890a_o.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

According to the description on YouTube:

During a filming of the Korean Top Gear, an AH1 Cobra helicopter was being used to film a Corvette in the Arizona desert, when the pilot lost control. Amazingly, both helicopter pilots were treated at the scene and walked away unharmed.

I hope not...the iraq/afghanistan wars have seemed to me so boring.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." – Albert Einstein (supposedly, but it's a good quote regardless).

Personally, I prefer the information age over the Cormack McCarthy The Road age. :thumbup:

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.