Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

aZ2J3fT.gif

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

AP3IPYI.gif

Interesting, looks like Mk26B, a kit 90%(?) size reproduction. Got anymore info? They don't seem to last particularly well, the first one to fly in the UK had a mishap on it's first flight. I'm seriously thinking about buying a share in one but it just looks like it'll get pranged pretty quickly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why yes, I did just crash...

Guys, may I kindly ask that you don't post animated GIFs here?

First, there are no pause/unpause/rewind/fast-forward controls (that I know of in modern browsers) so they're animations that keep on playing whether or not I want them to, even if I'm trying to watch a video in the post above or below, so they're distracting.

Second, their file size is simply ridiculous, and I'm not aware of easy ways to stop these images from being loaded (and I don't accept "install an add-on" as an easy way). AFAICT the Spitfire emergency landing and the Super Cub very short landing weigh in at a combined 120 megabytes (*).

Videos embedded from Youtube, Vimeo etcetera load some Javascript, Flash, Preview images and stuff, but that's waaaaaay lighter than even the Osprey unfolding its wings (unless people voluntarily click the "Play" button - which is the main reason it makes sense to embed Videos rather than animations, because users can decide whether or not they want to actually download/stream the entire thing).

Just imagine you're on vacation and wanna watch this thread with your mobile data (or think of people who may have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for 120 MB of entirely nonsensical data transfer)...

(*) I do have a broadband Internet connection, but as I said above, if I wanted to watch this thread on a mobile device using mobile data, maybe while I'm on vacation and roaming, I'd go crazy if one page load caused me to use up large parts of my available transfer limit.

Are .gifs okay if we put them in spoilers?

I don't think so.

I posted a test in the Testing thread and looked at the HTTP-requests that Chrome performed (I usually use Firefox, but I wanted to use another browser to make sure I have a clean cache).

According to the developer's tools Network panel, Chrome (on Windows 7) also loads images wrapped inside SPOILER tags, regardless of whether or not the user later clicks/opens the spoiler. This may very well depend on the browser and the platform, though, and it'd be great to get some more input.

I fear that we may be going off-topic here and suggest that, if there is further need to discuss this, we continue it in Forum and Site Issues (which is where I would have brought up the topic if it was happening all over the forum, but so far the issue of animated GIFs seems to be limited to the Photos/Videos thread AFAICT).

Long story short, let's continue the discussion of this particular topic in Forum and Site Issues.

Edit: New thread available for discussion.

Edited by Yurgon

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Martin-Baker rescues this Hornet Pilot:

http://i.imgur.com/jC6K4gi.gif

So what was the flames coming from the bomb about?

Little rockets to give her some spin, by the looks of things. (Spinning things: easier to control [stabilize] /go further (just guessing that is the purpose))

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

How many Gs do you think this 22 is pulling? I'm in awe.

http://i.imgur.com/qKpOZEf.gif

If you like the BAE Systems Hawk and you haven't been to RAF Valley (EGOV) in North-Wales yet, you must sure plan a visit! I have taken these pictures on the 22nd of July. It was very busy. At one point there was a formation of 4 doing an overhead break, while a helicopter was on final and two Hawks were awaiting departure.

VKhj6ni.jpg

zwvfOU3.jpg

nRTz76v.jpg

JaurJtw.jpg

'Frett'