Noob Help

stilgar99

Folks,

Been working on the A-10C, watching TONS of videos...but still end up with a number of questions....any/all help appreciated...

- I can never get the F6 view from ground targets (that I see in videos). I have tried all the various 'F6' variants...and still no luck. What am I missing?

- I can also never get the external view from wingtip looking forward (again seen in many videos). I can get close but never the 'looks like its attached the the wingtip' view. Is this view not available in the A-10C? (I assumed all external views were the same across aircraft)

- Finally,...I have been trying to get into multiplayer for the first time. Kinda daunting..learned about Discord, SRS, etc... Joined on a couple 'training' servers. But they seem idle. But I dont really know the right way (or place) to say 'anyone wanna fly with a noob on A-10Cs?'

Anyway all help/advice appreciated!

Stilgar

- I can never get the F6 view from ground targets (that I see in videos). I have tried all the various 'F6' variants...and still no luck. What am I missing?

F6 as such is active weapon view, isn't it? Ground vehicles should be F7 if memory serves.

F6 only works while missiles/bombs are underway.

All the view options also depend on a few items.

First of all, they need to be enabled under Options -> Gameplay; I think something like "Allow external views".

Then, missions can override all your options. If you're playing downloaded missions, that might be the cause (though most mission designers don't tamper with these options; but it's possible).

And on multiplayer, server settings can also take precedence over your Gameplay settings. It's more common on MP to block most external views, because they might give players a huge advantage, and they're not realistic.

- I can also never get the external view from wingtip looking forward (again seen in many videos).

Sorry, don't know this one, I hope someone else has an answer.

- Finally,...I have been trying to get into multiplayer for the first time. Kinda daunting..learned about Discord, SRS, etc... Joined on a couple 'training' servers. But they seem idle. But I dont really know the right way (or place) to say 'anyone wanna fly with a noob on A-10Cs?'

There are many newbie friendly groups, squadrons and individuals out there. A good place to start a search or look for others should be the Multiplayer part of this forum.

It always helps to state your timezone and your preferred playtimes, so that others from the same general timezone (or with the same weird sleeping habits :D) can judge in advance whether their timings are compatible with yours. ;)

Good luck and many happy landings!

Yurgon,

Thanks so much for the reply. Actually I should have said 'F7' views (the F6 views work fine).

I did check the setting you mentioned and my 'allow external views' is checked. Note that I am just using a mission I created in the editor.

Strangely, on one track file I am able to 'F7' on to one tank...but I cant cycle between any others. Yet all other track files dont seem to let me even get one...

Thanks for the advice on mutiplayer. I will check that forum.

For the record..I am USA/Central time....

Stilgar