WINWING F/A-18C HOTAS 2019.9.30 RELEASE

ANYONE have an idea when we will be getting our hotas?

look back at the last post on the previous page.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having viewed a few reviews, there are several big issues with this setup.

I rather prefer to receive an optimized setup even with a month delay than what I 've seen in those reviews as cons, particularly, one of them was, if the screw is turned too much the screw could crush the PCB placed underneath ref Noobfire

...if the screw is turned too much the screw could crush the PCB placed underneath ref Noobfire

I think that the point that the Noobifyer was making was that you should put the correct screws back into the positions that they originally came from. In other words, if you take the base apart to adjust, fit new cams or new springs, just put things back in the correct place. Basic mechanics and assembly, really.

Most people that have the brain power to fly a virtual F/A-18C will have the brain power to refit screws without breaking anything as long as they don't rush and pay attention to what they are doing.

Besides Noobifyer always says be careful of "this and that" in all of his videos where he takes something apart.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems to be a nice product. Especially throttle, it seems to be in completely different league comparing with anything else released or planned. Joystick seems nice, but not that much better than already excellent competitions. But with their setup, Winwing have a possibility to create whole ecosystem, not just a HOTAS. Different realistic stick grips, throttle handles and switches panels - it is something that no one else is offering at the moment. That would be a good reason to completely migrate to their product, regardless how good current stick could be.

I correct myself. He mentioned that if the right and proper screw was too tight, the circuit board could get crushed,

other critics reported as well problems with tiny pins and tiny screws to tighten in the base and the throttle

Imagine something brakes when you do that, so, what are you going to do? you or someone else will send them back again to China? it is better they rectify these PBs prior to shipment even if it causes a delay.

When you had received your Warthog, have you had these things to do, I assume not everyone is a DIY person

even with Virpil and Vkb, there are not as many screws and pins to tighten or loosen

From what I seen so far, adjusting cam's is a quite simple task. Do not understand the bitching about it. If you don't want to do some tuning, just use it as TM Warthog - in a way it had been set up from the factory. Who want more, will adjust those cams. What is much easier and safer, than tuning Warthog gimbal, for example.

We hope they will...I already own two (very) costly sticks I don't need another one, also if it is good

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I think if they made a lower cost throttle with a smaller footprint and the massive panel gone, they would sell like hotcakes. That mechanism is where the money is.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

I think if they made a lower cost throttle with a smaller footprint and the massive panel gone, they would sell like hotcakes. That mechanism is where the money is.

No way. The panel is awesome. I believe that can be popped out and a different one or in. I think that is what winwing said when a combat ready panel will be available. So the switches, etc will be more appropriate for the preferred state. I think it's a great idea. I'm just not a fan of the desk mounts. A nice Monstertech/Foxx style mount works be the way to go.

No way. The panel is awesome. I believe that can be popped out and a different one or in. I think that is what winwing said when a combat ready panel will be available. So the switches, etc will be more appropriate for the preferred state. I think it's a great idea. I'm just not a fan of the desk mounts. A nice Monstertech/Foxx style mount works be the way to go.

It is awesome, but removing the switches and reducing the size would reduce costs both parts and shipping, and would probably be easier to use with other mounts. It may not be as awesome but I bet they would sell a lot more of them.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

While I would take the "throttle only" option if it came with a huge reduction in price, I like what they have produced. I have no interest in desktop mounts. I still prefer an actual side console, preferably built to scale. This throttle / panel combo saves a lot of work buy giving you a good start.

I won't order one any time soon as I am waiting to see the long term results:

1) Are there enough sales to keep this product on the market and support repair issues?

2) How well do these hold up after extensive use?

3) How many revisions will it go through before the design is stable and reliable?

The price is fairly high, but I am willing to pay it if I know it works well, will last a long time, and can be quickly/easily fixed if something does go wrong.

The last Hornet throttle advertised on these forums looked fantastic (and was only the throttle). It was really expensive. But it never achieved regular production with a stable design, was cancelled, and the people that bought it are stuck trying to solve any remaining issues on their own. I am glad I didn't buy it.

This one initially looks way better and provides a lot more for the price: stick, throttle, and panel. The unboxing videos have given me a great first impression. It seems the main problem is the stick/cam setup. I don't need the stick, so that is not a big deal. But if the stick is revised and turns out to be better than my current combination (VKB Gunfighter Mk II with Thrustmaster F/A-18C grip), I would be happy to get my money's worth.

So, I will keep following posts about this setup by people who are using them and try to set aside some money just in case I decide to pull the trigger.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I'm kinda the same. I did order the hotas but I think I will continue to use the virpil cm2 base and TM F18 stick which is a combination I love

I'm exactly in the same situation, I'm disappointed a little when have seen reviews, while I expected more.

Winning is in an important turning point of his life career in unprofessional simulation field early days and before launching his product on the market, if he misses his commitments and if the product is below expectations, well, it would be a shame and a waste. resources for nothing,

so it'll be fun if TM takes out an F18 Throttle at least their F18 grip was an exact 1/1 F18 replica.

The tall footprint is there for a reason (so that the throttle movement is more precise) and removing this would remove its main feature over the other throttles.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'm exactly in the same situation, I'm disappointed a little when have seen reviews, while I expected more.

Winning is in an important turning point of his life career in unprofessional simulation field early days and before launching his product on the market, if he misses his commitments and if the product is below expectations, well, it would be a shame and a waste. resources for nothing,

so it'll be fun if TM takes out an F18 Throttle at least their F18 grip was an exact 1/1 F18 replica.

no, the TM F-18 Grip is not an exact 1:1 replica.

The tall footprint is there for a reason (so that the throttle movement is more precise) and removing this would remove its main feature over the other throttles.

Yes, I've seen the mechanism. It can't be shorter, but it can be less wide and long.

You're meaning the "panel" that attaches onto the throttle I take it?

Without that it's a pretty handy form factor for sticking in a cockpit/making a side console.

My guess is it will be a while before they can separate the production runs to just sell the individual units. Hopefully by the time an F-16 throttle grip comes out.