TM Hotas Warthog curves/sensitivity

Mave

Hi all!

I was trying to search the thread, but didn't find an answer.

I'd like to ask Your help with sharing Your curves or sensitivity settings when You fly A10C with TM HOTAS Warthog.

I assume that the best one will be default one, but not sure with that. I can see tons of video at Youtube where they handle A10C smoothly, but myself can't reach that. In addition to that I'd like to see what is more real setting, close to real one (at least close to it). What are Your thoughts on the topic?

Thank You!

Slaw Device Viper RX // HOTAS Warthog // Track IR 5 // i3-8350K // ASUS Prime Z370-A // RAM 16 GB // MSI GTX 1060 3GB

My own experience with curve settings is not good. I have yet to find a curve I like. I equate setting the curve to sanding drywall, when do you stop? I can never find that sweet spot.

Thanks for feedback, at least I know now I'm not the only one, trying to figure it out :joystick:

When I wasn't able to find a topic about that I thought that everybody know the secret curve and happy )

Slaw Device Viper RX // HOTAS Warthog // Track IR 5 // i3-8350K // ASUS Prime Z370-A // RAM 16 GB // MSI GTX 1060 3GB

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/controller_walk_through/

Curvature - All AFM DCS aircraft (Su-25T, Ka-50, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H) are designed for no curves. This means the realistic setting is “linear” and curves only exist to help compensate for the limitations of gaming hardware. Only if you are unable to achieve a realistic level of control authority using linear settings, you should use curves to try to get as close as possible to having realistic control authority.

Generally, adding a bit of curve can help in fine input control, especially for high-precision maneuvers like air-to-air refueling. But setting a curve is a double-edged sword: around the center position your input is smoothed, but away from the center it is amplified.

When flying helicopters, also keep in mind that the cyclic will be away from the neutral position for most phases of the flight. If a curve is needed at all, it should be limited to a low value (max. 20).

I consider curvature to be like a bandage.. They hide the problem without fixing it. But to really fix the Warthog problem (Shorter throw than IRL + huge neutral point bump and combined axes +

.. :joystick:) you would need an extension and a modded centering system..

I had a 15cm extension on mine and I did the "stiction fix", using Nyogel 767A. Problem is that I had to do it regularily and it didn't removed the center bump at all. To workaround that I used to trim nose down a little so that I had to pull on the stick to fly straight and be away of the neutral point bump. Aerobatic/formation pilot does the same IRL. For plane with auto 1G trim like the F18 I would have had to use Target Script Editor to "off-trim" it.

Wow, that even more than I expected. Thanks a lot for Your reply. It opens my issue from other side.