Night Vision Goggle in VR

Eaglewings

I flew a night AAR mission today and found the night vision goggle is amazingly improved to be a binocular vision and you see the cockpit switches, buttons and MFD better than without it now in vr.

Last time I flew a night mission, it was the overwhelming green flood of light blurring out everything in the cockpit.

I am using kegety's shader mod for vr so I wondering where this improvement is coming from.

If dcs implemented, I must have missed reading it in the update patches.

This is so like it, night vision goggle device is so much fun to use now in night missions.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I think its actually part of the shader mod.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think its actually part of the shader mod.
That is a brilliant work on the part the mod maker. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be rendered.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I use the MVG but it’s all blurred inside the cockpit, how do you managed to achieve that? I’m not using any mod, just vanilla.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

I use the MVG but it’s all blurred inside the cockpit, how do you managed to achieve that? I’m not using any mod, just vanilla.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

This is the mod I am using.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3559379

That is a brilliant work on the part the mod maker. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be rendered.

No. Because NVGs are usually focused at infinity, so you wouldn't be able to read your instruments etc through NVGs, but in real life you can look under NVGs to read stuff inside your cockpit, which we cant do in VR.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I can't remember exactly, but there is a intensity/brightness button you can assign to the night vision. higher makes you see outside with bright cockpit, lower makes you see in cockpit with dark outside

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

I can't remember exactly, but there is a intensity/brightness button you can assign to the night vision. higher makes you see outside with bright cockpit, lower makes you see in cockpit with dark outside

Yes - there is an adjustment to the intensity of the NVGs - but it still doesn't allow you to "read" the instruments and controls inside the cockpit of the Hornet. As another stated - we don't have the ability to "look under" the NVGs while using VR in DCS.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

No. Because NVGs are usually focused at infinity, so you wouldn't be able to read your instruments etc through NVGs, but in real life you can look under NVGs to read stuff inside your cockpit, which we cant do in VR.

yup...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yes - there is an adjustment to the intensity of the NVGs - but it still doesn't allow you to "read" the instruments and controls inside the cockpit of the Hornet. As another stated - we don't have the ability to "look under" the NVGs while using VR in DCS.

Cheers,

Don

This is also unrealistic. ANVIS6/9 have no manual gain adjustments. But gameplay etc..

What I am deducing from posts here is that the way it is implemented is correct in real life. If the real Hornet cannot read the cockpit while NVG is on, it is safe to assume that they would turn it off and on to manipulate required button.

What I am deducing from posts here is that the way it is implemented is correct in real life. If the real Hornet cannot read the cockpit while NVG is on, it is safe to assume that they would turn it off and on to manipulate required button.

IRL you'd look under or around the oculars. Or worst case flip them up if you really wanted to do something complicated. Overall its not really modeled well in DCS, especially in VR where your whole FOV is green. I'm sure there are some graphical performance reasons for all this that are above my pay grade.

IRL you'd look under or around the oculars. Or worst case flip them up if you really wanted to do something complicated. Overall its not really modeled well in DCS, especially in VR where your whole FOV is green. I'm sure there are some graphical performance reasons for all this that are above my pay grade.
@Harlikwin, very enlightening, thanks.

I'll just leave this here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151646

Been using it for ages. It has one file that fails IC...but the mod works just fine if you remove the offending file. It's then good for MP.

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio