F/A-18C Hornet LCD MDIs and grayscale FLIR/MAV/AG radar picture

Mod disabled? Or just me again?

Greetings sir, I'm posting here so I can include a screenshot. I replaced the flir_texture.dds and the materials.lua file today after the update and got completely blank screens as a result. I had the originals backed up and replaced them and the screens came back. I even changed to the default screens in the Special settings and they were still blank.

Screen_200819_190112.thumb.png.18726ce3db31d8bb06e7737856ce94c1.png

Greetings sir, I'm posting here so I can include a screenshot. I replaced the flir_texture.dds and the materials.lua file today after the update and got completely blank screens as a result. I had the originals backed up and replaced them and the screens came back. I even changed to the default screens in the Special settings and they were still blank.
I'm away from home for the moment and haven't had the chance to see how ED changed these files. I'll update the mod when I get back. In the meantime, I suggest that you don't use these files until I update them.

You should be able to revert to the original files if you used a mod manager or if you kept a backup. If not, you can delete these files from your installation directory and run a Repair.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I'm away from home for the moment and haven't had the chance to see how ED changed these files. I'll update the mod when I get back. In the meantime, I suggest that you don't use these files until I update them.

You should be able to revert to the original files if you used a mod manager or if you kept a backup. If not, you can delete these files from your installation directory and run a Repair.

Roger that sir and thank you for getting back to me. This mod is buttah and I miss it! I replaced the files with backup ones and am back to the default cockpit, I will stand down until you have an opportunity to update the mod. Thanks again for responding.

Roger that sir and thank you for getting back to me. This mod is buttah and I miss it! I replaced the files with backup ones and am back to the default cockpit, I will stand down until you have an opportunity to update the mod. Thanks again for responding.

Updated :thumbup:

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

• 1 month later...
Are there plans to extend this mod to the AWW-13 TV feed?

It should already be working like that. You need to place flir_texture.dds to DCS\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\IndicationResources\MDG\.

If you're getting a grayscale TPOD, AG Radar and IMAV display, you should also be getting a grayscale AWW-13 feed. They're controlled by the same texture.

I tested with both the SLAM and the Walleye.

-

• 1 month later...

Open Beta 2.5.6.57264 - 04.11.2020

Violet DDIs does not work!

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Open Beta 2.5.6.57264 - 04.11.2020

Violet DDIs does not work!

Thank you, I'll check it out.

-

New version is up, should be working for 2.5.6.57264 Open Beta.

-

Thank You Harker, I love it

I'd be gutted if this mod stopped working, for me it makes all the difference to pit enhancement

Thanks for the kind words!

-

• Harker changed the title to F/A-18C Hornet LCD MDIs and grayscale FLIR/MAV/AG radar picture
  • 1 month later...

How to install it via OGME?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:joystick::pilotfly::thumbup:

Windows: Windows 10

Memory (RAM): 32 Gb

CPU Info: Ryzen 7 1700X

Display Adapters: RTX 2080 SUPER

Fritreck

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

• 1 month later...

Hi Harker,

Just wanted to say that I love this mod, it works great, and certainly made using the FLIR much easier for me. I guess my old eyes are not so good at splitting out shades of green

I do have one question, with regard to the MFD Reflections, although I have followed your instructions, and have the MFD's in Grey Scale, in the 'Special' section, under F/A-18C, I only have two options for MFD Reflections, None and Static

Also, is there anyway to make the two main lines on the Maverick screen off white, they are green for me still. I am referring to the screen for the AGM-65F and the lines that run from the top to bottom of the DDI and Left to Right

The grey is so much better on the DDI's, so other than those two questions, I truly love this conversion mod you have made

Edited by Ice Rhino
  • Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, BAXuTOB said:

How to install it via OGME?

Sorry for the late reply!

You don't need to use OVGME. I specifically made it like that in order to avoid triggering IC.

If you still want to, make a copy of the FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip, located in DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Textures\, place my f18c_cpt-displayglass_refl.dds and f18c_cpt-displayglass_refl_RoughMet.tga files in there and delete f18c_cpt-displayglass_refl_RoughMet.dds. Then, you can install it with OVGME as usual. While you're at it, you can install the other files for the Mods directory with OVGME as well.

Edited by Harker
  • Like 1

-

On 8/1/2021 at 11:04 AM, Ice Rhino said:

Hi Harker,

Just wanted to say that I love this mod, it works great, and certainly made using the FLIR much easier for me. I guess my old eyes are not so good at splitting out shades of green

I do have one question, with regard to the MFD Reflections, although I have followed your instructions, and have the MFD's in Grey Scale, in the 'Special' section, under F/A-18C, I only have two options for MFD Reflections, None and Static

Also, is there anyway to make the two main lines on the Maverick screen off white, they are green for me still. I am referring to the screen for the AGM-65F and the lines that run from the top to bottom of the DDI and Left to Right

The grey is so much better on the DDI's, so other than those two questions, I truly love this conversion mod you have made

Thanks for the kind words and sorry for the late reply! I recently stopped getting notifications from this thread, for some reason.

First question: Choose Static MFD reflections, as my mod is replacing the textures related to this option. This leaves you with the option between using my "LCD" displays and the traditional green DDIs, without fake reflections baked in.

Second question: Thanks for pointing this out, I'd missed it. I updated the mod and made the lines appear white. Not off-white, as the MDI font. The crosshairs are part of the Maverick video and the missile outputs the video only in grayscale. On the other hand, the display options are controlled by the aircraft software and thus have this off-white color.

-

Hi Harker,

I will try to find the updated download and reapply it.

Thank you

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

17 hours ago, Ice Rhino said:

Hi Harker,

I will try to find the updated download and reapply it.

Thank you

You can follow the link on the first comment of this thread.

And thank you for using my mod!

-

On 8/23/2021 at 2:14 PM, Harker said:

You can follow the link on the first comment of this thread.

And thank you for using my mod!

I am trying to configure option 2, and no matter what I do, step by step, DCS crashes just as the cockpit is about to load. Option 1 is fine, but I have tried Option 2 from fresh install of DCS , and still it crashes every time. I have done Option 1 first, and that is all working well

Any assistance would be much appreciated, as I really would like the UFC in grey

Thanks

Edited by Ice Rhino

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

I am trying to configure option 2, and no matter what I do, step by step, DCS crashes just as the cockpit is about to load. Option 1 is fine, but I have tried Option 2 from fresh install of DCS , and still it crashes every time. I have done Option 1 first, and that is all working well

Any assistance would be much appreciated, as I really would like the UFC in grey

Thanks

Option 2 simply requires you to *not* use one of my custom files, so you should delete it from my mod, before you apply it. Don't delete the original flir_texture.dds file in the game directory.

-

Sorry for clearly being an idiot here, I really am a totally confused. So I am not to use the file in your mod, to use your mod??

Sorry, told you I am being an idiot

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

3 hours ago, Ice Rhino said:

Sorry for clearly being an idiot here, I really am a totally confused. So I am not to use the file in your mod, to use your mod??

Sorry, told you I am being an idiot

No worries, everyone needs some help with modding in the beginning.

The flir_texture.dds file is a texture file that determines what color the video feed is going to be, on the displays. By default, DCS already has this file and it is a green texture. In my mod, I simply have a gray texture.

So, if you replace the original file with mine, you will get the gray Maverick, AG radar etc video color. If you wish to keep the green color for the Maverick video, AG radar etc, then you must not replace the original file with mine. (In fact, you can delete the entire folder that contains it, since it is not useful anymore: Before you apply my mod, go in my mod files, in \FA-18C LCD MDIs\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\ and delete the file called "IndicationResources". Then, proceed with the rest of the instructions.

That way, the original file is used and you still have my mod, with Option 2: LCD displays, off-white font, white Maverick crosshairs, but green Maverick, AG radar etc video.

If you need any more help, don't hesitate to ask or PM me, I honestly don't mind.

-

• 3 weeks later...

As of DCS Open Beta 2.7.6.12852, any changes in files present inside the \Mods\aircraft\... directory will lead to a failed Integrity Check for Multiplayer.
As such, if you want to pass IC, you cannot use the white DDI font and the grayscale FLIR/MAV/AG radar video. Please perform the steps outlined in Options 1 and 2, below.

Updated the OP as well.

-

• 2 weeks later...

Harker,

I installed your mod but i am having an issue with mine where all my text is still green. greyscale and white text will not work even after installing the mods folder.

FIXED:Mods folder was in the wrong location

Edited by Legs
SOLVED

LEGS - JTF-13

• 4 weeks later...