CH products upgrades

rel4y

rel4y,

I can see the problem you discribed replacing the ministick.

But what if you offered a complete new PCB with

ministick and hatswitches already on it? (For guys like myself)

What would it cost?

Would you even be willing to provide?

15 hours ago, OneSeven said:

Hey Rel4y,

I have sent you an email as I’m interested in getting some upgrades.

all of your stuff looks amazing.

Cheers!

Ill answer the emails now.

Over the weekend I was busy making new CH sensors and CH mainbaords and finally I am done.. Geez, I can barely see through the solder fumes in my room and my back needs to be bent straight again. Anyways, I am taking new orders for the CH stuff now. 🙂

IMG-20210125-200501.jpg

stock items:

20x CH sensor (22€)

5x 12 Bit CH upgrade mainboard (30€)

10x 4021 shift registers (10€)

• Thanks 2

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

4 hours ago, rel4y said:

Ill answer the emails now.

Over the weekend I was busy making new CH sensors and CH mainbaords and finally I am done.. Geez, I can barely see through the solder fumes in my room and my back needs to be bent straight again. Anyways, I am taking new orders for the CH stuff now. 🙂

IMG-20210125-200501.jpg

stock items:

20x CH sensor (22€)

I will definitely take a main board and a sensor! I appreciate the hard work! Email has already been sent. 

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, huge thanks to rel4y for these upgrades!

While I wait for his reply on the subject, I'd like to ask to other owners of the CH Fighterstick if they could provide some help. I am trying to calibrate the device through MMJoy2 as per instructions, but somehow I can't get it right.

For instance, new sensors and board don't present issues on the ProThrottle so there must be something wrong that I am doing on the Fighterstick.

Here's a photo of how the installation looks:

IMG_86050.jpg

MMJoy2 and Windows get all inputs correctly (as far as I am able to tell), but I can't calibrate X and Y axis correctly.

Specifically, when physically centered, Direct Input shows quite different values between X and Y readings:

axis.jpg

Also, X-axis values seem offset: as I fully deflect the stick to the right, it doesn't reach 100% reading and stops at 95%.

On the Y-axis, when the stick is deflected forward, it reaches 100% value quite a bit before full physical deflection:

axis_fullrightdeflection.jpg

I can't wrap my head around this... I'm just starting to become familiar with MMJoy2. Could someone help?

Thanks in advance,

I think you are possibly making it too complicated.. Once the program (Set) has been uploaded from the device in MMJoy (Load sets from device" tab), hit "Save Sets to file" so you have the original named/saved before you mess with it. Then select "Joystick axes" tab and then "Calibrate Helper" tab and simply Set Center , move the stick to all its extremes, then clik "Save Calibration". You WILL still see a slight movement in the X/Y/Z axis numbers and that's fine (my X/Y fluctuates about 6-8, Z (dont use it) is same). Check the "Joystick Buttons" Tab to be sure the DX functions are where they were from OEM (unless you want to change them, which you can do here also. I have attached two screens showing all my DX assignments. Once set just Save Set to device and also Save Set to file (named "After-Calibration" or whatever). Do NOT attempt to use Win10 to try and calibrate once the new mainboards are installed, it will just muck things up..

Calibrate Helper - Center Set.jpg

CH FS - Set Loaded from device.jpg

Joystick Buttons -1.jpg

Joystick Buttons -2.jpg

Edited by GaryR
  • Like 1

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

• 1 month later...

Thanks once more rel4y for your great CH upgrades!

I thought I’d share what I’m currently working on to improve my CH throttle. Since I had free pins on the shift register, I thought I’d design a poor man’s version of the Warthog throttle. I modeled a switch panel in Fusion that holds toggle switches and buttons plus one rotary encoder. In the picture is the printed part with the switches test fitted. I still need to make the wiring into the throttle and the new panel. 

3E49AC6F-93D4-4819-B333-14F55C90855A.jpeg

Edited by Protek438
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I got these upgrades and they were working great. I finally applied the 2020 h2 windows update. After the update my controllers are only detected by mmjoy. Windows and dcs doesn't detect them anymore. I reverted the update but still no luck. Anyone have any idea? 

Nevermind got it sorted

Edited by pacotito

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

• 4 weeks later...

I would like some information on upgrading my CH rudder pedals please.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I just made a new batch of CH mods. Emails will be answered tomorrow. 🙂

Heres the current stock:

20x CH sensor (22€)

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

On 3/12/2021 at 4:29 AM, Protek438 said:

Thanks once more rel4y for your great CH upgrades!

I thought I’d share what I’m currently working on to improve my CH throttle. Since I had free pins on the shift register, I thought I’d design a poor man’s version of the Warthog throttle. I modeled a switch panel in Fusion that holds toggle switches and buttons plus one rotary encoder. In the picture is the printed part with the switches test fitted. I still need to make the wiring into the throttle and the new panel. 

Amazing work, @Protek438!  That looks great - super clean and functional.

• 4 months later...
On 8/31/2021 at 1:49 PM, Icaro_07 said:

Hello @rel4y is there any news on the ch throttle quadrant mod ? 

Hey Icaro,

Sadly not. I havent found a trottle quadrant to buy for a decent price tag. If anybody is interested to borrow me his throttle quadrant, then I will take a look at it and obviously give the finished mod for material price to the helping hand.

Heres the current stock:

15x CH sensor (22€)

1x 12 Bit CH upgrade mainboard (32€)

Edited by rel4y
  • Thanks 1

Hi rel4y,
I'm using your excellent throttle mod, and I wonder if the throttle travel could be made longer? was it thought of?
With your mod onboard, it's more of a mechanical upgrade (cutting with a Dremel and making way for the throttle to move more forward using a longer printed "pusher")...
A longer, extended throttle travel would give more "readings" and a more accurate engine setting I believe.
Cheers,

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

On 9/2/2021 at 4:03 PM, rel4y said:

Hey Icaro,

Sadly not. I havent found a trottle quadrant to buy for a decent price tag. If anybody is interested to borrow me his throttle quadrant, then I will take a look at it and obviously give the finished mod for material price to the helping hand.

Heres the current stock:

15x CH sensor (22€)

1x 12 Bit CH upgrade mainboard (32€)

Hi,

I’m quite new to the idea of modding my CH controllers but I have read some of your posts with interest.

What I am not clear about is what exactly would be needed to modify my CH Fighterstick, Throttle and Pedals so I cannot judge how much work is needed, what is the cost and how they would be used once modified.

Cheers,

Nigel

On 10/15/2021 at 11:51 PM, ron533 said:

I'm using your excellent throttle mod, and I wonder if the throttle travel could be made longer? was it thought of?
With your mod onboard, it's more of a mechanical upgrade (cutting with a Dremel and making way for the throttle to move more forward using a longer printed "pusher")...
A longer, extended throttle travel would give more "readings" and a more accurate engine setting I believe

No, sadly I dont think that would have much benefit with this design. As you said one would have to rework the internal mechanism, as the lever that converts linear into rotational movement is not long enough to support that. Then you would have to cut down the internal plate that supports the Throttle grip, which first removes the dust protection of the slot and would probably make the grip really unstable and imprecise. A completely new design would make much more sense than going through the hassle of dremeling the Throttle base imho.

On 10/16/2021 at 8:34 AM, nheather said:

I’m quite new to the idea of modding my CH controllers but I have read some of your posts with interest.

What I am not clear about is what exactly would be needed to modify my CH Fighterstick, Throttle and Pedals so I cannot judge how much work is needed, what is the cost and how they would be used once modified.

It is a plug and play mod, you simply unplug the old pots and replug the new CH sensors. They have the same three spade connectors and dimensions. The CH upgrade mainboard is also plug and play and a direct replacement for the vanilla board with the exception of no CH control manager support. The only prerequisite really is having a Phillips screwdriver at home. Prices are listed in the first post.

• 2 months later...

Greeting All, 

I'm hoping rel4y will see this as I'm interested in upgrading my CH gear(Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals) to the hall sensors. I have no problems with CH Control Manager in W10 so perhaps not looking to go 12 bit. I'm not sure if he wants PM's and I don't have his email info so I thought I'd start by posting here. Looking forward to hearing from you rel4y.

Edited by 13sq*Axe
correction

Rig Specs, i5-12600K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z690 Plus MB, 64 GB Kingston Vengeance Beast ram, Asus RTX 4070 OC, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1 TB NVme SSD Drive, EVGA 750 Watt PS. Windows 11 Pro 22H2, Vizio 43 inch G-Sync Compatible TV, Oculus Quest 3, CH Hotas,( Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals All axis analog pots converted to sensors) 

• 3 weeks later...

What is needed to mod my Pro Pedals.  The toe brakes are not calibrating and will stick going down the runway.  I might as well do something on the rudder also.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

On 1/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, sobe said:

What is needed to mod my Pro Pedals.  The toe brakes are not calibrating and will stick going down the runway.  I might as well do something on the rudder also.

Not sure if you have already done so, but you can contact me under mtwsims @ tutamail . com.