WMR DEBUG TOOL - cross eye alignment

BIGNEWY

On 5/6/2022 at 6:58 PM, DroptheHammer said:

I think he covered it in this paragraph..

“The chaperone can be forced on at: SteamVR menu - Developer - Debug Commands - collision_bounds_toggle. Now, if the configuration is correct, the chaperone lines crossing the cockpit dial remain accurately fixed on top of each other in any position, rotation or tilt of head while wearing the headset. Even a small miscalibration can be perceived by looking e.g. at a cockpit dial down and to the side and turning and tilting the head around as in some head orientations the relative positions of the cockpit dial and chaperone lines appear to be different from other head orientations or positions. When config is good, changing head orientation causes no shift in the apparent relative positions of cockpit dials and chaperone lines.”

makes me  a little disappointed because I’m using OpenXR and don’t have this feature to use..  maybe if I set the alignment in steamVR it’ll carry over? I don’t know of a similar OpenXR function.   

thanks

as i play oxr now. i am not sure if lines can be show....

will see

• 4 weeks later...

I used this tool on my G2 only doing the recommendation further up...

- clone left eye from right eye (I'm right eye dominant)
- flip both eyes top to bottom

Prior to the change I was not suffering from dizziness or cross eye or anything but I can say that the result is much better anyway.

The image isn't really sharper for me, but the sweet spot is definitely larger. The image retains its clarity much further out towards the edges of the FOV than before the change. Thumbs up for me!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone I just got my Varjo and I'm trying to setup cross eye.  I followed instructions exactly, I use notepad++ to create autoexec.cfg but every time I start DCS the cross eye window does not appear.   What am I missing?  I don't have any varjo files present that may block debug window.  Are there any files or config setting I should look for that may prevent debug window from showing?

13 hours ago, Ace01 said:

Hey everyone I just got my Varjo and I'm trying to setup cross eye.  I followed instructions exactly, I use notepad++ to create autoexec.cfg but every time I start DCS the cross eye window does not appear.   What am I missing?  I don't have any varjo files present that may block debug window.  Are there any files or config setting I should look for that may prevent debug window from showing?

You may want to check out the Varjo Discord, DCS-World subsection, quite active.. https://discord.gg/4njZ5ch5

Edited by =LD=Icer

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

50 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

Hello, a question please!
what is the problem with crossed eyes?
  (problems with Windows Mixed Reality and Cross Eyes)

Thank you in advance for your response

Hi, it's exactly what it's name suggest. It's most noticeable when VR zoom or Spyglass zoom are used, but it effectively gives you misaligned images in the left and right eyes which can cause you to feel "cross-eyed". It doesn't appear to be an issue if using Open Composite. It can also be very headset dependent, even for the same brand and model there can be differences.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the somewhat late reply:
1°/ But what do you mean with this sentence (It doesn't seem to be a problem if you use Open Composite)?
2°/ How can I know if I have this crossed eyes problem?
because in this area I am new and maybe I do not see the difference?🤔

• 2 weeks later...

@BIGNEWY, any chance of getting the ranges offered in the tool sliders expanded?  My values default to around 0.7 and 1.57, but as soon as I touch the sliders to adjust, they jump to a range limited to between 1.0 and 1.5.   So I can't actually make any fine adjustments to my baseline without manually editing the saved .lua file and restarting repeatedly.   😞

Using a Varjo Aero, fwiw.

Sorry for the somewhat late reply:
1°/ But what do you mean with this sentence (It doesn't seem to be a problem if you use Open Composite)?
2°/ How can I know if I have this crossed eyes problem?
because in this area I am new and maybe I do not see the difference?
Apologies only just seen this. Re 1) using the OpenXR mod instead of native doesn't exhibit the cross eye issue. 2) try VR zoom or spyglass zoom and see if you feel like you're looking at your nose. If not then you don't need the tool. If you have a dominant eye then you could swap with that in the tool. You can always reset to default worse case.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Thank you for the answer sir zildac.
And to tell you the truth, it's never too much
late for help.
(I don't have a dominant eye, that's why I always rule on both).
I'll do what you told me, and I'll come back to you and report what I see.
Thanks again🖖

• Like 1

En 2/10/2019 a las 9:26, BIGNEWY dijo:

Hola a todos Para aquellos de ustedes que tienen problemas con la realidad mixta de Windows y cruzan los ojos, el equipo ha habilitado una herramienta de depuración para la próxima actualización.

Pantalla_190925_105518.thumb.jpg.493f4a6e470844f0383da51aac88bf83.jpg

Para habilitarlo, deberá agregar esta línea a su autoexec.cfg

El autoexec.cfg se puede encontrar aquí C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config

Si no tiene uno, cree uno usando el bloc de notas ++ y guárdelo como .cfg. Una vez habilitado, la ventana aparecerá cuando inicie DCS en VR, luego ajústelo a su preferencia y haga clic en guardar y cerrar. esto colocará un archivo de preferencias de realidad virtual para sus auriculares en la carpeta DCS de juegos guardados.

La ventana de depuración no volverá a menos que elimine este archivo de sus juegos guardados si desea ajustarlo nuevamente. Esperamos que esto ayude a algunos de ustedes que usan la realidad mixta de Windows y tienen problemas con la alineación incorrecta. Gracias.

Pero esto no funciona si están usando OpenXR o Composite . SOLO FUNCIONA BAJO OPENVR

autoexec.cfg 105B · 12 descargas

• 1 month later...

I wasn't seeing the popup either. I had a bunch of stuff in my autoexec.cfg file. I wasn't sure exactly what it was but I backed up the file in another location and temporarily added a fresh autoexec.cfg with just the "force_cross_eye_recovery_tool = true" line (i used Notepad++) and then started it. I got the popup, adjusted my setting and fixed the issues and then I closed the tool and the game and deleted the temporary file and then replaced the original from my backup location and now everything is working great. 

VF-111 Sundowners

Carrier Group One

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Carrier Group One Discord

• 1 month later...

I can not get the debug tool to show up with OpenVR.

I didnt have any issues a long time ago in the normal Varjo OpenVR. 

But now it just wont work, and I cannot find out why....

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posted in the Aero set up thread but figured I'd ask here too in case anyone had any tips/ideas:

Been fiddling with my new Aero this week and having issues really dialing in the cross eye tool. Swapping top/bottom for both eyes improved the image 95%, but getting that last bit dialed in where there's no more 'double cursors' in the cockpit anywhere is proving elusive. Everytime I try to adjust the slides beyond the 'swapped top/bottom' values I just end up making it worse and having to start all over again. Any tips/tricks for a smoothbrain?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 11:56 AM, grifnizzle said:

Posted in the Aero set up thread but figured I'd ask here too in case anyone had any tips/ideas:

Been fiddling with my new Aero this week and having issues really dialing in the cross eye tool. Swapping top/bottom for both eyes improved the image 95%, but getting that last bit dialed in where there's no more 'double cursors' in the cockpit anywhere is proving elusive. Everytime I try to adjust the slides beyond the 'swapped top/bottom' values I just end up making it worse and having to start all over again. Any tips/tricks for a smoothbrain?

Accurate dialing of cross-eye tool values can be done in at least two different ways:

1. Click on one of the numbers, they are actually input fields; then press TAB and SHIFT+TAB to skip forth and back between them; cursor is now present and you can type in the value you want and the effect is immediate (on the first click the original value in that specific input field is usually lost due to slider movement, but it can be typed back in after returning to that input field using tab & shift+tab); if you make a big mistake, you can always start over by clicking RESET.

2. Use Notepad or Notepad++ to edit a previously saved .lua file corresponding to your headset where the values are stored (in Saved Games\DCS) and they will be read on the next launch of DCS.

Edited by RedX
  • Like 1

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

• 3 weeks later...

Using HP Reverb G2. This evening I've tried to re-calibrate my headset for Cross-eye problem with the tool.

I've deleted the .lua file of the VR setting in the user game but the tool didn't appears on the homepage of DCS. I've also re-downloaded the Config file with the line for the debug tool but didn't still work....Is something that happened on the last update regarding it?

Edited by AMVI_Boomer

RX6900XT - 64GB RAM - 2T M2 - AMD 5 5600X - HP Reverb G2

For Info after read all the posts, and made several tests,  I can confirm that create a new autoexec file solve the problem

Unfortunately I've switched to native openxr with the new version of openxr toolkit but even if I rewrote the autoexec file the tool doesn't come back.......any help??@BIGNEWY

Edited by AMVI_Boomer

RX6900XT - 64GB RAM - 2T M2 - AMD 5 5600X - HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
On 1/28/2023 at 10:33 AM, AMVI_Boomer said:

For Info after read all the posts, and made several tests,  I can confirm that create a new autoexec file solve the problem

Unfortunately I've switched to native openxr with the new version of openxr toolkit but even if I rewrote the autoexec file the tool doesn't come back.......any help??@BIGNEWY

I will ask the team. 

Can I ask you do you still require the tool in openXR? are you having alignment issues?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2