WMR DEBUG TOOL - cross eye alignment

BIGNEWY

8 hours ago, chrisofsweden said:

Also, if anyone have managed to get a 100% feel good alignment for the G2, please post the settings file.

Settings won't help...they are headset dependent.  But methodology would be useful, if there actually is one that does not require extra hardware + heavy DIY 🙂

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

5 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

Settings won't help...they are headset dependent.  But methodology would be useful, if there actually is one that does not require extra hardware + heavy DIY 🙂

Ok well, still,  ED should be able to fix it as other steam vr games does not have this issue?

Edited by chrisofsweden
  • Like 1

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Just adding my 2 cents. I had a Reverb G1 and could use it for hours without any significant eye strain.

I then upgraded to the G2 on the same system / settings and the game is basically unplayable for me. The Debug tool may improve things a little bit but it is no substitute for a fix of the underlying issue by ED.

EDIT: After experimenting a bit more with the debug tool, I found a relatively simple solution that seems to work for me now. After figuring out that my right eye is my dominant eye, I decided to make everything symmetric based on the right eye and then simply adjust the IPD on the G2 to what feels best. They idea is that the dimensions and location should be the same for both screens/eyes and that the IPD adjustment takes care of centring the picture in front of my eyes horizontally while the vertical adjustment is a matter of properly fitting the goggles.

I guess I do not understand why the default setting for the G2 in DCS is asymmetric?

Edited by White Russsian

36 minutes ago, White Russsian said:

Just adding my 2 cents. I had a Reverb G1 and could use it for hours without any significant eye strain.

I then upgraded to the G2 on the same system / settings and the game is basically unplayable for me. The Debug tool may improve things a little bit but it is no substitute for a fix of the underlying issue by ED.

For whatever reason my G2 seems to be just great with DCS. Spent a lot of time in it today.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

8 hours ago, White Russsian said:

I experienced thr exact opposite. The G1 pulled my eyes out of line immediately without tool correction. I did the same adjustments on the G2 but removed again as it wasn't needed. No problems since. I'm guessing this is down to the quality of the initial manufacturer calibration. 

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

are both eyes supposed to have the sime figueres? On my G2 apparently left and rigt eyes do not have exactly the same values, shouldn' be both symetric??or is it normal that they have diffferet values?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

that was the same for me , i copied over my left eye to my right and that worked for me ... i tried a couple of settings as well but that one worked the best 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Installed and tested.  Found that narrowing the IPD on my Reverb G2 cleared up my view and expanded the sweet spot in the center of the lenses.  I did not actually switch anything in the tweaker (tried flipping up/down on both eyes but no effect).  Also did not test changing lens settings (in/out etc) since the narrower IPD was so much better. 

On 12/28/2020 at 2:12 PM, Yskonyn said:

Thanks for the input. I also noticed a lot more eyestrain in MSFS in comparison to the calibrated settings in DCS.

Seems like there is work to be done in the software of the headset and values get transmitted incorrectly.

Weird thing is that Elite is super sharp and no eye strain out of the box.

Yes, exactly the same for me. A lot of strain in FS2020

• 1 month later...

Hi

After flying in DCS with the Reverb g1 - i upgraded to the new G2 which has terrible cross-eye effect. I have tried adding the autoexec.cfg file with the force_cross_eye_recovery_tool = true command to SavedGames/DCSOpenBeta/Config for the WMR Debug Tool

Upon restart of DCS the Debug tool does not display.

There is no VR Preference file created/listed in the DCS OpenBeta folder, so it cannot be preventing the Debug tool to open at DCS Start.

I have the latest version of DCS OpenBeta download

i am not the only one with this issue - i have seen several other posts all of which never got an answer of direction or solution

Has this Debug tool  been removed from the latest version? 

Is there another way to activate this WMR Debug tool?

i am desperate to get this resolved and consumed over 4 hours already trying all different options and searching for a solution

thankyou

22 hours ago, Smiley69 said:

Hi

After flying in DCS with the Reverb g1 - i upgraded to the new G2 which has terrible cross-eye effect. I have tried adding the autoexec.cfg file with the force_cross_eye_recovery_tool = true command to SavedGames/DCSOpenBeta/Config for the WMR Debug Tool

Upon restart of DCS the Debug tool does not display.

There is no VR Preference file created/listed in the DCS OpenBeta folder, so it cannot be preventing the Debug tool to open at DCS Start.

I have the latest version of DCS OpenBeta download

i am not the only one with this issue - i have seen several other posts all of which never got an answer of direction or solution

Has this Debug tool  been removed from the latest version? 

Is there another way to activate this WMR Debug tool?

i am desperate to get this resolved and consumed over 4 hours already trying all different options and searching for a solution

thankyou

just to make sure...u checked for the vr settings  .lua file in the SAVEDGAMES/DCS.openBeta folder right?  should be called HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset G20.lua

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried this tool several times... still can't spot any differences no matter what combo I try.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 3/7/2021 at 8:13 PM, Brainfreeze said:

just to make sure...u checked for the vr settings  .lua file in the SAVEDGAMES/DCS.openBeta folder right?  should be called HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset G20.lua

Thankyou for replying....much appreciated. I had checked numerous times for this .lua file.....which is not displayed in the saved game/dcs open beta folder. Same for the savedgame/DCS folder.....nothing.......the WMR debug tool does not display in either DCS or open beta, and the Headset G20.lua file is not produced or displayed. I have even done a search for the folder and nothing.

This may be contributing to the problem....this has got me stumped....hope this has been faced before and there is a solution I am yet to identify

In the autoexec.cfg file i have:     force_cross_eye_recovery_tool = true

• 1 month later...

Hi, Bignewy this app helped me out a lot, now the aliasing is aliened and I can see the planes LOD way better.

the other side effect is now I know my left eye is really blurry!. Ill have to get glasses for the left eye or a eye piece for the G2 for the left eye.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Guys!

I cant manage to find a good config for reverb G2,

I dont know what caused this but ive been playing for 2 months with my G2 and I had no problem at all,

This seems to be related to the last windows update

Any help with a G2 config?

On 3/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, Smiley69 said:

Thankyou for replying....much appreciated. I had checked numerous times for this .lua file.....which is not displayed in the saved game/dcs open beta folder. Same for the savedgame/DCS folder.....nothing.......the WMR debug tool does not display in either DCS or open beta, and the Headset G20.lua file is not produced or displayed. I have even done a search for the folder and nothing.

This may be contributing to the problem....this has got me stumped....hope this has been faced before and there is a solution I am yet to identify

In the autoexec.cfg file i have:     force_cross_eye_recovery_tool = true

Not sure what the issue is for you but would suggest:

1- put your hardware details in you signature. gives other informatio about your system (issues are often hardware related)

2- Start from scratch.  uninstall mods, do a full Repair of dcs, redo the procedure to enable the debug tool

A small error at some point can often lead to hours of headscratching  

1 hour ago, advari said:

Guys!

I cant manage to find a good config for reverb G2,

I dont know what caused this but ive been playing for 2 months with my G2 and I had no problem at all,

This seems to be related to the last windows update

Any help with a G2 config?

You could not be more cryptic if you tried.  What is the issue you are having? when did it start? what did you do to try and fix it? 

2.7 did not bring new alignment issues to me.  Try and put your hardware specs in your signature as well.

10 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

Not sure what the issue is for you but would suggest:

1- put your hardware details in you signature. gives other informatio about your system (issues are often hardware related)

2- Start from scratch.  uninstall mods, do a full Repair of dcs, redo the procedure to enable the debug tool

A small error at some point can often lead to hours of headscratching  

You could not be more cryptic if you tried.  What is the issue you are having? when did it start? what did you do to try and fix it? 

2.7 did not bring new alignment issues to me.  Try and put your hardware specs in your signature as well.

Cross eye view,

I've tried using the WMD debug tool but still get a chunky dizzy feeling causing eye strain,

All other games work flawless but DCS seems to have this cross eye issue

• Thanks 1

Same here, I ordered a G2 to compare it with my Quest 2 and had the same problem. It never felt as alight as in the Quest 2. In the end that was one of a few reasons why I returned the G2. 

12700k | 3090 | 64GB DDR4 | WD SN850X | Quest 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Late to the table here, but just got my G2 today to go with my new computer. Was really disappointed with a severe cross eye effect in DCS. None of the simple remedies helped, but working the sliders did. I focused on a distant object in the hanger and worked the sliders until the images came together and I got the clearest image. Works great, now I get to optimize the rest of the settings. Thanks for the original post and the others that filled in the necessary details. 

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

10 minutes ago, Tony86 said:

hi everyone

do i need to follow the install procedure? or is the debug tool integrated with dcs now?

You need to follow the install procedure.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|