[ALREADY REPORTED]Wings are literally unbreakable no matter the G forces sustained

MobiSev

The F-18 has a fundamental flaw in its model as it is unable to break its wings. Players are able to do this by pressing the circuit breakers shown here:

unbreakable.PNG

Once they do, they can pull any amount of high G turns and the 18's wings will not break. See the image below. I safely pulled more than 20 G's:

unbreakable_2.PNG

Tracks are attached where you will see me pulling 24 G's. However, I have actually seen people pull upwards of 30 before. Needless to say, this should not happen and is a glaring flaw that needs to be fixed. In my opinion, it actually cheapens an otherwise fine module.

Until this is fixed, a quick temporary step that ED can take is to just disable those buttons as clickable.

F-18 unbreakable.trk

F-18 unbreakable2.trk

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

That's crazy! Its been stated that the damage model is still very much WIP. We'll be able to tear the wings off eventually.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

The airquake guys gonna love the op .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

That's crazy! Its been stated that the damage model is still very much WIP. We'll be able to tear the wings off eventually.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

yes, but it's insane that something like this was allowed to make it past quality control.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

yes, but it's insane that something like this was allowed to make it past quality control.

Quality controll? This is early access. And it’s been stated so many times that damage model is still work in process. You knew what you were getting when buying early access. No quality control issues at all.

The F-18 has a fundamental flaw in its model as it is unable to break its wings. Players are able to do this by pressing the circuit breakers shown here:

unbreakable.PNG

Once they do, they can pull any amount of high G turns and the 18's wings will not break. See the image below. I safely pulled more than 20 G's:

unbreakable_2.PNG

Tracks are attached where you will see me pulling 24 G's. However, I have actually seen people pull upwards of 30 before. Needless to say, this should not happen and is a glaring flaw that needs to be fixed. In my opinion, it actually cheapens an otherwise fine module.

Until this is fixed, a quick temporary step that ED can take is to just disable those buttons as clickable.

Can confirm. You can do this by switching the Gain Switch to O-Ride as well. I got mine up to 37g on a test server with a few friends, no problems. Re-running it just now, I got to 24.2 (I probably got the 37 due to latency). Problem with the gain switch is that it starts bucking all over the place as you get past 500 knots. The circuit breakers allow for smooth flight at extremely high "g".

Edited by Quid
Added info. Fixed grammar.

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

Quality controll? This is early access. And it’s been stated so many times that damage model is still work in process. You knew what you were getting when buying early access. No quality control issues at all.

I see...so you would be fine with something like this:

46399528451_cfaa72a5a7_h.jpg

straight up being added to the full game under the guise of "early access", while at the same time being able to interact with those who did not opt-in to said "early access"?

Maybe you would be fine if, due to ED overlooking issues, the F-16 was able to teleport to 100,000 ft and fly at mach 100? Let's also say that it could take 100 missiles to the face in multiplayer with no damage, because, "Hey, the damage model is still a work in progress...eh just release it anyway. Everyone, even those who didn't buy the module, will just have to adapt until we get around to fixing it."

Saying that quality control should not exist in a DCS early access release is crazy. Also, if the 18 was single player only, this would not be as much of an issue, since players who purchased the module would not have the ability to affect those who didn't.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

straight up being added to the full game under the guise of "early access", while at the same time being able to interact with those who did not opt-in to said "early access"?

Maybe you would be fine if, due to ED overlooking issues, the F-16 was able to teleport to 100,000 ft and fly at mach 100? Let's also say that it could take 100 missiles to the face in multiplayer with no damage, because, "Hey, the damage model is still a work in progress...eh just release it anyway. Everyone, even those who didn't buy the module, will just have to adapt until we get around to fixing it."

Saying that quality control should not exist in a DCS early access release is crazy.

Agreed. This is something that should be addressed in Early Access because it affect us in multiplayer

Saying that quality control should not exist in a DCS early access release is crazy. Also, if the 18 was single player only, this would not be as much of an issue, since players who purchased the module would not have the ability to affect those who didn't.

I would not be ok with those things. Luckily none of those things are true. Not being able to snap off your own wings does not affect game play. And the devs said they are looking into fixing the issue with pulling the fuse to disable the fcs two weeks ago the first time it was reported. So again. No quality control issues here.

Not really sure how anyone can argue for a broken module. That's like arguing that you are better off with only one show because you only need to tie one instead of two. Sure my other foot hurts, but it's still early. I just havent found the matching one yet.

That's how ridiculous the arguement sounds.

They should disable features that allow you to fly arcade modes. Otherwise we no long are in a simulator and just in a version of ace combat.

That's not a good business model when Microsoft is about to drop a flight sim to kick the crap out of others. All the acrobatic guys may go elsewhere at the least.

It’s funny how people literally find it impossible to wrap their heads around early access. You know it’s not finished. What part of that is so hard to understand. Not finished. If you can’t handle it do not buy modules until they are out of early access. If you need help understanding early access means a partially finished product. It is not complete. Not all systems work. Not all modeling is complete. How hard is this to understand? And sorry no Microsoft is not releasing a product that is as great as you say it is. It has nice looking maps. But it’s still Microsoft. It sucks.

Don’t join servers that allow arcade mode. If there aren’t any then build your own missions and host your own server with your own rules. It’s very very very simple to figure out these things.

It’s funny how people literally find it impossible to wrap their heads around early access. You know it’s not finished. What part of that is so hard to understand.

probably the part where it gets used in PvP multiplayer.

sure it's fair to say that's not on ED. But, it isn't fair to suggest in the bigger picture this doesn't affect some DCS user experiences. Who's responsible for keeping that in check is an okay question to ask. Whether or not it has an impact on people's UX isn't.

probably the part where it gets used in PvP multiplayer.

sure it's fair to say that's not on ED. But, it isn't fair to suggest in the bigger picture this doesn't affect some DCS user experiences. Who's responsible for keeping that in check is an okay question to ask. Whether or not it has an impact on people's UX isn't.

Again the answer would be to play servers that don’t allow any early access aircraft. And like I said I really don’t see how not being able to break your own wings effects anyone else. Ya the hack that someone found to exploit it should be fixed. Which it is. It sounded like they would have a patch for that on the next update. Which is tomorrow.

Again the answer would be to play servers that don’t allow any early access aircraft. And like I said I really don’t see how not being able to break your own wings effects anyone else. Ya the hack that someone found to exploit it should be fixed. Which it is. It sounded like they would have a patch for that on the next update. Which is tomorrow.

So don't play MP at all, roger. It does effect others per one by logical inference. That fix is probably a far distance off seeing that he Hornet is on the back burner.

You are free to do anything you like to prevent early access modules joining your server. You may get a bit lonely, but it is your toy box, your rules.

However it is also true that in our toy box our rules too.

Sad, but true, life is hard and then you die. Especially if I’m in an F/A-18C with wings that just won’t come off, and you’re in the Bf-109!

• ED Team

Hi all

this is already reported.

Over G damage is W.I.P and will solve this problem once implemented.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2