Has the JHMCS blanking gap been fixed?

Manuel_108

8 hours ago, Kempleja said:

You can turn the HMD blanking over HUD on an off on HMD DDI page.

Thats the problem. Blanking DOESNT WORK for certain elements, such as TD.

8 hours ago, Kempleja said:

I think that the "recce event" button on stick also blanks HMD, no matter where you are looking.

Yeah, but I have to press recce button 20 times during a dogfight, every time i switch between looking at HUD and looking outside. Its insane.

Otherwise I cant quickly tell which TD box is the real one and which one is fake, wasting the precious time in dogfight. I doubt something like this would be tolerated in the real plane.

@BIGNEWY is this how its supposed to work? or should i make a new bugreport thread?

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Manual blanking via the RECCE button and automatic blanking based on the LOS are not the same thing. The RECCE button completely turns off the symbology.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

So it is correct that TD box is never automatically blanked?

This makes automatic blanking useless for me, I'll still have to manually blank with recce every time I want to look at HUD. Whats the logic behind this?

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

In my 'opinion' it should all be blanked out on HUD. Once HMD is aligned properly, there shouldn't be even a millimeter of overlap. It really isn't that hard for designers to do😏. Why in the hell would they allow this overlay?!   Unless... it perfectly matches the HUD, 😆 

• ED Team

if you think there is a bug please make a short track replay showing the issue and I will take a look.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After messing around more with the Viper/JHMCS and watching Wags' latest Viper tutorial (in the first minute or two), I'm struck again with how much more intuitive, simple, and desirable the Viper's HMD blanking is when compared to the Hornets. 

• Like 2

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I don't think the Hornet drivers in RW would put up with this blanking insanity we have here. Not only blanking but also radar coverage gap around the HUD frame when in HACQ/LACQ modes. It most likely works the same as in the Viper or the weapons symbology jumps to HMD when priority is on HMD. The HUD would retain the flight and nav data (repeated on HMD).

When HMD moves over the HUD, the HMD's flight data is blanked out but the weapons symbology is only on the HMD and doesn't need to be blanked. It moves around with no gaps or duplicates superimposed on each other and jittering like hell. 

Edited by Gripes323
  • Like 1

No, its pretty finicky near the edges of the mapping of the cockpit.  I would say it is pretty close.  The only thing that would be better is if they fixed the centering that happens when you have your LOS in the HUD.  The radar and seeker should always remain slaved to the HMD LOS, even when looking through the HUD.  If this was the case, I think the annoyance would be reduced.  There are still a few symbology issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mo410 said:

No, its pretty finicky near the edges of the mapping of the cockpit.  I would say it is pretty close.  The only thing that would be better is if they fixed the centering that happens when you have your LOS in the HUD.  The radar and seeker should always remain slaved to the HMD LOS, even when looking through the HUD.  If this was the case, I think the annoyance would be reduced.  There are still a few symbology issues.

Now this would help a lot.

12 hours ago, Mo410 said:

So, you're saying that the real Hornet HMD does not blank out the TD box?

• Like 1

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

48 minutes ago, wilbur81 said:

Unfortunately, the Pitch Ladder and Velocity Vector are kind of important...

That's not an issue in a missile fight. The problem shows with the guns. You have no gun director or the funnel.  So, we have to turn the HUD on.  

Another thing I noticed (well, actually I mentioned it before in another thread) was the transition from HACQ to bore as the HMD moves into HUD area. It just jumps and was causing a problem with acquiring a target in that area. If the HUD is off, there is no transition problem then again, there is no gun pipper... :rolleyes:

Oh well, I tried.

Edited by Gripes323

1 hour ago, wilbur81 said:

So, you're saying that the real Hornet HMD does not blank out the TD box?

I've seen quite a few pics from various systems (except Hornet's) and don't remember seeing a mess as we currently have with this blanking scheme. Never seen a shimmering double TD box either. Well, it's not up to me. All I can do is run my mouth once in a while. 

On 6/19/2021 at 10:38 AM, wilbur81 said:

Unfortunately, the Pitch Ladder and Velocity Vector are kind of important...

Before I put this to rest, here's a sample of one of my desparate attempts to achieve clarity around the HUD by turning it of. The clarity was great but some vital missile info was missing w/o HUD so I won't be doing this too often.  Well, it was fun.

I was lucky the fight stayed BVR and I didn't need guns.  Oh, the pitch ladder and VV were on LDDI.

Edited by Gripes323