VIDEO : "Clickable Cockpit with Wiimotes" in VR with motion simulator

REDFIELD

2-part video (tutorial and gameplay) showing the possibilities of interacting on the clickable cockpits with the controllers of a Wii. thank you Nintendo .. !!:thumbup:

The goal is to be able to do without the mouse and to make more immersive this exceptional simulation !!

This is a first video with the Wiimotes: some settings will come to optimize their use.

If you have any questions do not hesitate !!!

Fly Safe

1078476026_tutowiimotesTf51D.thumb.jpg.5568ee00e7d026b56220260586dc4a57.jpg

Wii.gif.b98c815ea59805162de1ca8fca29a57c.gif

oculus_dk2_vr_headset.jpg.ab16d6742a51567391a0345f0f5c7de8.jpg

IMG_20190327_220211.thumb.jpg.be37afda70e2f2d876be2c672a640eb5.jpg

Nice concept adapting it for VR. I set up the wiimote system about 5 years ago and it worked very well on my 42" monitor. The difference I used was the remote fixed on a stand above and behind me and an old wireless mouse IR leds and switches fashioned into a golf glove on my hand for inputs on the screen. But then along came Oculus rift and never used it again. Of course now we have MilesD's Point ctrl being developed to provide full complex VR funtionality.

The other use we can thank the nintendo wii sensors for is the birth of the current generation of the quadcopter and consumer drone industry. It all stemmed from the humble wii micro controller. Without the need for expensive proprietry corporate flight controllers, normal folk could source and progam all the functions for stable three and four prop quad copters. A couple of guys even started making their own flight controllers and selling them.....DJI!!!

Edited by Macka
grammmmer

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

This looks great,

Would like to see some step by step info on how this is done. Perhaps more videos or a PDf instructional file if possible. Tried hard to decipher videos but very difficult. Great work though.

Thanks

System: Asrock Extreme 4 MB l i7 7700K OC 5.0GHZ l EVGA GTX 1080ti l 32 GB Crucial DDR4 l Rift S l CH Fighter Stick l CH Pro throttle l CH Rudder Pedals l Modded Suncom SFS Throttle and Talon Stick l Toshiba 1TB HD l Crucial 1TB SSD