[FIXED] Auto Throttle CTD

Tholozor

Also crashed today in the moment when setting the autothrottle switch to AUTO.

Here is my DCS.log

dcs.zip

This came out of windows troubleshooting window:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: DCS.exe

Application Version: 2.5.5.37626

Application Timestamp: 5d9f7972

Fault Module Name: WorldGeneral.dll

Fault Module Version: 2.5.5.37626

Fault Module Timestamp: 5d9cf40b

Exception Offset: 00000000001512c3

Exception Code: c0000409

Exception Data: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3079

Additional Information 1: efad

Additional Information 2: efadaf59cfdb0d12e2fe76763edc58d8

Additional Information 3: ef70

Additional Information 4: ef70b184f3c081181a27c6bdef8a6b88

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

They appear on the forum occasionally

Maybe they don't know about the problem?

Yeah, but this thread has been at the top or near the top of the bug report sub-forum for two weeks now. And it's a fairly big thread about an actual CTD bug, that should bring attention immediately.

I mean, we're not talking about a temperature sensor being slightly off, or a texture glitch, but an actual game stopper. What it means is that I currently have a button mapped to my throttle that will instantly crash the game, every time!

I would expect some kind of response. At the very least: "we are aware, we are looking into it." or something.

As it stands now, we have no idea if this is even being worked on.

You're joking, right?

Every time if and only if your landing gear and flaps are down.

Guys, it’s a pretty significant bug. You may not use A/T on every flight, I certainly don’t, but it’s a useful flight control feature that is now gone.

It’s needs acknowledgement and fixing as soon as practicable. It may be minor, but next week with the next update something else might break.... What features can we live without? Wing sweep? Still flies right? What about DLC? Just need to fly more precisely right? Who needs a refuelling probe?

Guys, it’s a pretty significant bug. You may not use A/T on every flight, I certainly don’t, but it’s a useful flight control feature that is now gone.

It’s needs acknowledgement and fixing as soon as practicable. It may be minor, but next week with the next update something else might break.... What features can we live without? Wing sweep? Still flies right? What about DLC? Just need to fly more precisely right? Who needs a refuelling probe?

You all are right, any bug must be addressed and solved, HB and ED for sure will take care of it, but please, “an actual game stopper” seems too much...

I’m not a “Tomcat flying ace” but I did not stop playing with it. And as far as I understood by this discussion this sys it’s usable only in automatic carrier recovery and pretty much used when there is very low visibility, isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And as far as I understood by this discussion this sys it’s usable only in automatic carrier recovery and pretty much used when there is very low visibility, isn’t it?

Not only for automatic carrier recovery. It's a comfortable way to land, not only on the ship, after a long and difficult mission, as you only have to use the stick to bring the plane safely on the ground. But nothing that one can't do with both hands. Which doesn't mean it's not a bug to be taken care of.

Not only for automatic carrier recovery. It's a comfortable way to land, not only on the ship, after a long and difficult mission, as you only have to use the stick to bring the plane safely on the ground. But nothing that one can't do with both hands. Which doesn't mean it's not a bug to be taken care of.

Thanks, make sense.

People think the critics are the biggest threat to DCS. I say it's the fanboys who are completely blind to any criticism and even pretends that CTD bugs are "minor", even though the devs have not even responded to the report in two weeks.

Heatblur is completely in-active on the forums when it comes to a lot of bug reports, and considering this is an early access module, they should actively engage with the community. After all, we are helping test the module. But what help is it to test and find faults when the devs (seemingly) don't listen and the fanboys are trying to silence the bug reports?

The fact that ANY bug thread can linger at the top of the forum for two weeks without any attention is not good enough. I don't expect everything to be fixed instantly, but a short message or update letting us know that it is a known bug isn't too much to ask. Even an edit of the thread title to [Reported] would at least show that they've seen it (as I've reiterated many times)

Heatblur has made a great module with the F-14, but it is certainly not finished yet, and I will continue to report bugs as I still believe they should be helpful to the devs.

And whether or not it's a gamestopper, I was talking literally: it stops the game, as in it's the kind of bug that makes the game stop. Can you still play the F-14, yes, but nobody can claim it's ideal that we have buttons in the cockpit that will quit DCS.

People think the critics are the biggest threat to DCS. I say it's the fanboys who are completely blind to any criticism and even pretends that CTD bugs are "minor", even though the devs have not even responded to the report in two weeks.

Dude, you're right. Always. Really, you are.

I repeat: it's a bug. HB must answer. And solve it. But it's not a game stopper because you can fly the cat without that feature. Which does not mean that this bug is minor.

I can't say more. Not being a stupid fanboy doesn't mean continuously whining about the same problem.

Continously whining?

Keeping the bug report alive is essential when we are dealing with a dev that almost never checks the forums. This report is 2 weeks old. If it hadn't been constantly bumped, it would be way down on page 3-4... and then it would NEVER be seen.

The fact that you get all snarky just proves my point.

There is a fix for this in progress.

Sometimes we miss replying to a thread in a 2w period and we just work on fixing it instead. Silence != ignorance.

..it's hard to miss a 8 page thread here.

Thank you for responding. And I apologize that I got a bit heated in this thread. Loving the module means that we sometimes get frustrated.

Will report back once I've tested the coming fix. Let's hope you've found the issue :)

It proves my point that fanboys are the biggest threat to DCS...

And you did it again. Well done.

By the way, what “fanboys” means in modern forum language? And how could be so dangerous to DCS? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk