[FIXED] Auto Throttle CTD

Tholozor

By the way, what “fanboys” means in modern forum language? And how could be so dangerous to DCS? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My definition of fanboys in this discussion is people so anti-criticism that they don't even want bug reports in the bug report forum. And think people are "whining" for bringing up bugs and errors with the module that they are fanboying for.

Such actions are actually hurting the thing they are so desperately trying to protect. They cause animosity against Heatblur (in this case) when it is maybe not deserved, as people with legitimate concerns or bug reports feel that they are being silenced.

Fanboys try to downplay anything negative to such an extent that they feel like paid shills. It's aggravating and unnecessary, especially on a bug report forum for an early access module that NEEDS the bug reports to help development.

But, anyway, in this case it turned out that Heatblur had seen the thread, and thought they had responded while they in fact had not. A mistake can happen, and I consider the matter taken care of.

Once I've patched and tested, I will report if it works now, but other than that, I am done bumping this thread for now.

My definition of fanboys in this discussion is people so anti-criticism that they don't even want bug reports in the bug report forum. And think people are "whining" for bringing up bugs and errors with the module that they are fanboying for.

Such actions are actually hurting the thing they are so desperately trying to protect. They cause animosity against Heatblur (in this case) when it is maybe not deserved, as people with legitimate concerns or bug reports feel that they are being silenced.

Fanboys try to downplay anything negative to such an extent that they feel like paid shills. It's aggravating and unnecessary, especially on a bug report forum for an early access module that NEEDS the bug reports to help development.

But, anyway, in this case it turned out that Heatblur had seen the thread, and thought they had responded while they in fact had not. A mistake can happen, and I consider the matter taken care of.

Once I've patched and tested, I will report if it works now, but other than that, I am done bumping this thread for now.

Ok, roger that, and thanks a lot for this explanation.

I understand what’s your point, and I agree on most of your words, but I believe, truly that nobody in this long discussion acted like a “fanboy” trying to “cover up” or downsize a big and well documented evident issue. Maybe it’s just a normal forum misunderstanding.

In my point of view, and I respect your, I really like much when developers are coping with bug fixing (when reported in Bug forum section) especially when they try to meet a DCS update deadline, than “waste” time on forum answers/discussions.

It’s also true and pretty much understandable, that everybody reporting a bug, is expecting some sort of reaction by them, like modifying the bug post title or give us a quick acknowledge reply.

But even if I do not think I fit in this “fanboy” category, if they did not give us a prompt feedback, knowing they are always very responsive, I tend to believe they were busy coping with solving and deadlines than not caring to the reports.

Cheers.

I read the forums a lot and know how much time it takes to just read every new post. Then there are some not so easy questions that take even more time to find and write an answer to. And then there are some people that seem to never stop arguing even if all has been answered and clear. That's why I appreciate more when devs do their jobs instead of wasting time on the forums.

Posting a bug (even a few times) and getting a few confirmations is more than enough for it to be reported. 8 pages is way over the line. I tried really hard not to answer in this thread but finally I could not resist... I'm almost sorry for that :)

Funny how this thread gave us the picture of how many Tomcat drivers actually depend on such small automatic feature.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Good to know it is fixed!

And thank you for reporting, please know that we appreciate all bug reports, even if do not reply right away.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 4 weeks later...

Works! :thumbup:

My first automatic carrier landing today ... damn that was a great experience!

Thanks for fixing this issue!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1