Designate CCRP with HUD TGP

Swordfish

trying to drop bombs with TGP - select bombs CCRP. Set TGP SOI- point track target - bomb fall line is to right or left of hud, no target point info in hud.

try to set hud as SOI, use designate box, cannot get the designation box to move.

How are ppl getting CCRP solutions? Am I doing something wrong?

• 5 months later...

Hello, I didn't run DCS for a couple of months, may be 3 and I found out I'm having this problem that before wasn't there.

The CCRP mode on the HUD is not working, doesn't matter if with or without WPs it can't just be moved. Using the TGP I can designate a target and dropping a bomb when I feel it correct to do so if I was correct the bomb hit the target. But nothing is working on HUD not even selecting HUD as SOI.

Neither in CCIP without a TGP if I want to designate a target with HUD doesn't work.

I found so far not recent discussions about this problem so I wonder if it comes back or what.

Thank you

Hello, I didn't run DCS for a couple of months, may be 3 and I found out I'm having this problem that before wasn't there.

The CCRP mode on the HUD is not working, doesn't matter if with or without WPs it can't just be moved. Using the TGP I can designate a target and dropping a bomb when I feel it correct to do so if I was correct the bomb hit the target. But nothing is working on HUD not even selecting HUD as SOI.

Neither in CCIP without a TGP if I want to designate a target with HUD doesn't work.

I found so far not recent discussions about this problem so I wonder if it comes back or what.

Thank you

Designating target by moving a TD box in the HUD is done in DTOS mode, which is not available yet in Early Access.

You can only designate with TGP in CCRP or bomb on a steerpoint.

In CCIP, you fly the piper on the target, you're not designating a target with the HUD with a TD box (TGP or no TGP makes no difference, as it's slaved to the CCIP piper). CCIP works fine, CCIP delayed release too.

Maybe you were flying the Hornet 3 months ago :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
I used that feature few moments ago. Selected HUD as SOI, moved TDC and TGP followed nicely.

This ^ I haven't played the Viper in a few months. Jumped back in today and could not for the life of me get ccrp to work. I spent 4 hours watching videos and trying to get the bomb fall line and the box in the hud where the tgp is looking to work to no avail. I finally gave up and went back to the Hornet. I used to be able to easily bomb with the tgp but now something is wonky with it. I don't understand why the bomb fall line won't just follow to where you have the pod looking, that seems to be the easy thing to do. Not have it set on a waypoint and then have to drag from there. Even with waypoints I still couldn't get the bomb fall line to go where the tgp was looking.

• 2 months later...

At first release it worked. GR guys had it working in their CCRP videos made 8 months ago, after recent updates it isn't working though. I tried today, successfully entering a steerpoint at the center of a ground group, using the DED, but still, even with HUD as SOI the Rdr cursor switch won't adjust that steerpoints position or the bomb fall line. It will be nice if they fix it, and while they're at it get the HUD to cage/ Uncage to align the pitch degree scale, FPM to not drift with the wind.

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

I droppedLGB in CCRP mode fine 2 days ago. Enter tgt area. sP then make TGP SOI and slew TDC to tgt in POINT mode. BFL moves to the tgt fine with tgt info displayed bottom right of the HUD. Only issue I saw was BFL centered on say 270 but tgt SP HUD I got read 282/9

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Been having this issue for a while now. If you do load into a hot plane then everything is working fine but going in a cold start nothing will move on the hud.

I have found out in the cold start if I do not hit enter for the Lat/Long and elevation during the alignment process, and then setting to Nav mode the steer point Dimond is stuck in the hud

If during the alignment process I hit enter for the Lat/Long and elevation in the DED, then after completion of the alignment and then switch to Nav mode, everything works fine.

• 6 months later...

I did  press enter LAT LON during the alignment and tried to put a plane directly into flight (so it is assumed already correctly aligned INS), but the CCRP line keeps pointing at something other than the designated TGP POINT ...
I'm confused...
Help

Edited by Duster

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

39 minutes ago, Frederf said:

Don't just press enter. You have to type all of the numbers. N-1-2-3-4-5-6 ENT E-2-3-4-5-6-7 ENT.

Not required, just dobber down to lat, long and alt and 'CONFIRM'  each with ENTER. Also personally I wait till ALIGN flashes in HUD till I turn to NAV, but believe you don't need to wait. No requirement to confirm at all if you use STORED HDG.

Have been dropping CCRP with TPOD all this week from cold and dark jet doing this - is working fine.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there an explanatory and clear tutorial on how to do this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

There is a bug where non-standard atmosphere pressure causes vertical error in F-16. If it's only a vertical error then there is nothing but to wait for fix.

Not only is it not required to adjust L/L when using stored heading it's forbidden. If the pilot changes L/L on stored heading then the mode is changed to BATH which is significantly degraded compared to normal or stored alignment.

If DCS or real allows simple enter key to confirm L/L during normal alignment I don't know, but reentering numbers is guaranteed to work in any case.