Custom Kneeboards

Steph21

Hi, anyone know what you be the foldername to add custom kneeboard for the Viper ?

I've tried naming it F-16C or F-16C_viper (based on the foldername for the hornet being FA-18C_hornet), but i can't see my custom kneeboard while in game like for other modules.

Not implemented yet maybe ?

It is implemented:

QQBgIYv.jpg

The Folder name is "F-16C_50" ... the Kneeboard Builder utility catches it right away, no need to tinker :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Rudel :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot get a useable Kneeboard for the F-16 using Kneeboard Builder, if I reposition the kneeboard. If I try, I get the aircraft spawning without any cockpit components.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

After selecting your F-16 profile in the Kneeboard Builder taskbar icon look at the path '...\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts' and open the 'device_init.lua' file in a text editor like Notepad++.

At the very bottom of the file the second to last line should read:

dofile(lfs.writedir().."Data/Kneeboard Builder Config/Custom Kneeboard Settings/F-16C/declare_kneeboard_device.lua")

That path should point to the "declare_kneeboard_device.lua" found in your saved games directory at the path '...Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Data\Kneeboard Builder Config\Custom Kneeboard Settings\F-16C'.

If it is not pointing to the correct path or if that file is not there then your cockpit will not render correctly.

After selecting your F-16 profile in the Kneeboard Builder taskbar icon look at the path '...\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts' and open the 'device_init.lua' file in a text editor like Notepad++.

At the very bottom of the file the second to last line should read:

dofile(lfs.writedir().."Data/Kneeboard Builder Config/Custom Kneeboard Settings/F-16C/declare_kneeboard_device.lua")

That path should point to the "declare_kneeboard_device.lua" found in your saved games directory at the path '...Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Data\Kneeboard Builder Config\Custom Kneeboard Settings\F-16C'.

If it is not pointing to the correct path or if that file is not there then your cockpit will not render correctly.

Thx! :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

AlaskanGrizzly, thanks for your reply. I have checked and the "dofile(…"" line you describe is in the locaion you quote - it clearly replaces the original file which has been re-named as "device_init_original.lua".

The problem seems to be that there is no "F16C" file in the " '...Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Data\Kneeboard Builder Config\Custom Kneeboard Settings" folder. There are files for all the other ac with custom kneeboards, but not for the F-16. I have tried to build and save an F-16 custom file several times, and each time there is s mall banner saying that it has been saved - but it is not there.

I have note some references in this thread to "F-16C_50". However, I do not know ehere this comes from or what should bear this name.

Thanks, again, but this does have me beaten.

AlaskanGrizzly, thanks for your reply. I have checked and the "dofile(…"" line you describe is in the locaion you quote - it clearly replaces the original file which has been re-named as "device_init_original.lua".

The problem seems to be that there is no "F16C" file in the " '...Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Data\Kneeboard Builder Config\Custom Kneeboard Settings" folder. There are files for all the other ac with custom kneeboards, but not for the F-16. I have tried to build and save an F-16 custom file several times, and each time there is s mall banner saying that it has been saved - but it is not there.

I have note some references in this thread to "F-16C_50". However, I do not know ehere this comes from or what should bear this name.

Thanks, again, but this does have me beaten.

In the preferences page what do you have set for your saved games directory? Are you using the OpenBeta install directory or the custom directory?

In the preferences page the DCS World Install Directory is selected to "OpenBeta"

The next 2 lines are "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Open Beta\ ..."

and "C:\Users\Alan\Saved Games …"

It occurs to me that there is an anomaly in the two labels above. The former ends with a \, while the latter does not. If I click on the […] at the end of these 2 lines, the former takes me to the DCS World OpenBeta directory, while the latter takes me to the Alan directory. However, I suspect this may be a 'red herring'.

I am using Open Beta.

I am not using the "Custom" option in the DCS World Install Directory drop-down options.

Thanks again.

AlaskanGrizzly, I have reviewed my folder set up within Saved Games, and have discovered that the Data folder, into which KB places the Custom Kneeboard Settings has been set-up in Saved Games folder rather than the DCS.openbeta folder. This folder was established in May 2017, so I have been using it for some time without realising it.

I cannot understand why it was set-up or why KB should send the custom settings there rather than into the relevant DCS or DCS.open beta folder.

However, at least I now know what the problem is, I just need to establish how to correct it!

• 1 month later...

I am also having trouble getting the F16 kneeboard to appear. The drop down list of aircraft in the builder uses the name F-16C, yet in places, the name of the aircraft is F-16C-50. Maybe this is causes my confusion.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 2 months later...
Where can one find this kneeboard builder utility guys?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129341&highlight=kneeboard+builder

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...
What sort of custom pages etc are you guys using for the Viper?

I made my own, but it is still in spanish, never got around to translate it into English, as I left the F-16 aside until it is more complete.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hdklc5JRb9Met2HMIQ

:)