X-55 Profile

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApPsQLVO18yXhF9wGWsZzbQMrUfA?e=7fBh3l

Here is a layout I made for the X-55 for the Viper. It is originally based on Snelle's layout for another sim, but I made several changes. You will need to run the registry fix included that make the mouse nipple bindable as an x- and y- axis. This regfix is Snelle's and not mine at all. I would link to his original work, but that's a no-no. I also never installed the Saitek / Logitech software - just plugged in my stick. While you lose the ability to do advanced programming for the stick, you're saved from having to deal with H.U.D. and a lot of other headaches. Also this way you can bind the Mode switch to Master Arm / Safe / Sim, which is super cool.

I included binding for the comms switch (VHF/UHF), though this isn't really necessary in DCS until they get the integrated radio working. I also use the paddle switch as a shift layer, as there weren't quite enough buttons, and the autopilot override is not used that commonly. Binding for the X-56 should be very similar, but you can move the CMS functions from the throttle hat to the stick's side hat to more closely mimic the real HOTAS.

I added the arrow keys as the dobber on the ICP and the numpad keys as the main ICP keys.

There are .luas for the keyboard, throttle, and stick, as well as the regfix and a diagram included.

Edit: I swapped out the gsheet for a .xlsx file. I hadn't realized the gsheet was just a link.

Let me know what you think

F16C X55 profile.zip

Edited by stubboyo

Thank you for that. How can I use diagram? It looks like gsheet, but it won't open in GDrive.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

If you load the .luas they should already be bound. Are you using the axis assign screen instead of just they button assign screen? I may have used the wrong binds for the parking brake - you can just put the brake on, not take it off. I also used a bind for the idle detent that only allows you to start the engine rather than turn it off - this is nice so you accidentally don't turn off your engine, but requires you to use the keyboard for shutting down.

Hope it helps.