Using the CBU-97

Xtacy

I've noticed with the height set to 1500ft the wind in a mission greatly affects where you have to aim.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yes.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I've noticed with the height set to 1500ft the wind in a mission greatly affects where you have to aim.

I wonder if the WCMD (Wind Corrected Munitions Dispenser) version (CBU-105) takes wind conditions into account for the bomblets as well and corrects the burst point. I guess not? I haven't tried testing it in the A-10C.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 8 months later...
I wonder if the WCMD (Wind Corrected Munitions Dispenser) version (CBU-105) takes wind conditions into account for the bomblets as well and corrects the burst point. I guess not? I haven't tried testing it in the A-10C.

That's the problem I am having.

In the HOG.

Drop from 12000', wind 15 knots NNW, all the bomblets are blown SSE!

The WCMD is only the dispenser. I seems it doesn't correct for wind in respect of where the skeet's are going to end up! Once it splits open, the little guys just drift off target. A few do "see" a target, but most are off!

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

WCMD is given assumed wind conditions over 1760 bus as part of the information download before release. There would be no reason to do that if the dispenser didn't offset its burst point upwind to correct for submunition drift.

It doesn't in the A10. So it certainly won't in the F16.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Its been 9 years and still no definitive means of getting wind correected munitions over a few vehicles dead center, with emphasis on wind corrected

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

It doesn't in the A10. So it certainly won't in the F16.
It doesn't in DCS, what about IRL? The WCMD we have now were coded several years ago. If indeed the burst point has an offset to account for bomblet drift, I think ED should address how they work, in the future.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Its been 9 years and still no definitive means of getting wind correected munitions over a few vehicles dead center, with emphasis on wind corrected

The quote-unquote wind-corrected must be an urban legend...

And, at the expense of trapping into 1.4, we still can't set our HoB even for simple CBU-99/100 aka Mk 20 after two years in the Hornet rendering them literally useless as well for the Viper...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 3 months later...
The quote-unquote wind-corrected must be an urban legend...

And, at the expense of trapping into 1.4, we still can't set our HoB even for simple CBU-99/100 aka Mk 20 after two years in the Hornet rendering them literally useless as well for the Viper...

I guess so too...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You can't change the fusing right now...

Anyone comment on IRL, can the viper change the height fusing dynamically, or is it set on the ground and you are just telling your FCS what that height is? I know this is/was the case for old school CBU's (rockeyes) but not sure on the 97's which you might be able to set in flight?

Low alt drops the previous 500ft setting worked well, but you had to drop them really low (less than 2-3k).

HOF (Height of Function) is set on the ground and cannot be changed in the air. This is the case for all versions. The WCMD is for wind corrected for HOF (What people keep calling HOB) not for the bomblet fall point. This is because the internal SUU may have different submunitions installed. The most common real world setting for HOF (when the case splits) is 1500ft. Dropping a CBU low, means a low dispersal area. They aren't designed to be low level delivery weapons, and don't work best down low.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord