1.13 Patch Starforce?

With Starforce removed, who else is going to be around to Ravage your Cat, Steal your Girlfriend, strangle the Tea-Lady and Sour the Milk.........will be a dull day indeed :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Why, so people can get illegal copies easier? Sorry mate but this seems like a very stupid question to me as I'm pretty sure the answer is a big NO...

So that more people would choose to play the game, because the most common opinion about the SF is that is an intrusive piece of garbage, since almost every developer had dropped it and it's cracked, just like every other copy protection.

SF was one of the most bad decisions made by ED (not that it was the only one, obviously), that only turned simmers away.

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

With Starforce removed, who else is going to be around to Ravage your Cat, Steal your Girlfriend, strangle the Tea-Lady and Sour the Milk.........will be a dull day indeed :D

I never liked my cat much.

What would be nice is a exe file that will launch the game without the cd in the drive.

Shocky I don't like "my wifes cat either", however it will fit in the microwave. (kidding, kidding, kidding, cheez some of you people are too serious) :smilewink:

err, I like my cat. Both of them actually, Although one does bother me, especially when I'm playing lock on!

I don't think SF is a great option, though it has done nothing to me, but maybe there's a better protection software?

I don't think this is a high priority for 1.13 though. There are many other things (In-game) that need to be fixed.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Removing SF would probably be a strategically good move.

While sure, people get hold of the game easier, still, you also increase the audience a lot and I'm sure it will increase the amount of costumers as well.

It's a matter of principle I believe, rather than a matter of economics. And also I doubt SF is free for ED ;)

Then it comes to the matter:

Why even bother?

If the gains are uncertain and you get more trust from the company owners....It is unlikely.

I think we should be happy if there even is a 1.13 patch, but I don't expect any miracles.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I think we should be happy if there even is a 1.13 patch, but I don't expect any miracles.

There will be. ED has announced it.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Yeah, sure .... and it's coming along with BS.. :rolleyes:

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR