GCAS Question (Multiplayer)

TexasWarbird

I know the GCAS is planning to be implemented but I can't help to ask - what's going to happen when the GCAS is implemented and your pilot gets killed.

There just going to be a bunch of F-16's floating around with corpses in multiplayer?

Edited by TexasWarbird

I7 8770K @Stock / 32 GB DDR4 / ASUS Prime Z370-A / MSI Armor GTX 1070 8GB / Samsung 850Pro x 4 Drives in R0 @ (2GBS R&W) / Windows 10 Pro

Yes, they will keep on flying until the player respawns. You can see the same behaviour when the pilot ejects. The plane keeps on going until the player respawns.

Thanks! I forgot about the multiplayer clearing mechanic for re-spawn and disconnects.

Thanks for clearing this up. Made for some interesting day dreaming during work! Lol

I7 8770K @Stock / 32 GB DDR4 / ASUS Prime Z370-A / MSI Armor GTX 1070 8GB / Samsung 850Pro x 4 Drives in R0 @ (2GBS R&W) / Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
I know the GCAS is planning to be implemented but I can't help to ask - what's going to happen when the GCAS is implemented and your pilot gets killed.

There just going to be a bunch of F-16's floating around with corpses in multiplayer?

:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Q: Was wondering if there are plans to implement the Viper's AGCAS to save pilots from GLOC death.

A: Too modern for the modelled variant.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4057215&postcount=218

By 2014, not all USAF F-16C block 50 had AGCAS, and control flight into terrain where still occurring.

This is an Accident Investigation Board (AIB) report on one (direct PDF link)

http://www.airforcemag.com/AircraftAccidentReports/Documents/2015/120114_F-16CM_MiddleEast.pdf

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..