[REPORTED] RWR not working when using Auto Start

max22

• ED Team

please attach a short track showing the problem and your dcs.log

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

[REPORTED] RWR not working when using Auto Start

I'm too lazy to learn the complete startup so I use Auto Start. Issue is the RWR is refusing to work. I set the switch to On and can wait forever it won't work.

Instead of switching a switch, maybe press the power button?

Or even better, make a picture of what you are powering on so we can tell you even more precise to tell you what's wrong.

Can you be more specific ? I'm air born and all is working besides the RWR.

please attach a short track showing the problem and your dcs.log

thanks

Whatever that is good for...

Its no crash or anything - but since i'm the only one with this Bug, you are my only hope.

Thank you very much of course...:thumbup:

TRK and LOG.zip

Edited by Hunkey

Both me and a friend experienced this last night on every 16 we flew

Its quite interesting - when i bring up the question in an online game, half of the people on the server share my problem whilst the other half has no idea what i'm talking about.

:helpsmilie:

• ED Team
I use the Auto Start routine (time saver) and it's not turning on the RWR (bug?). I then turn it manually (below gear handle) and it still stays off.

Help is appreciated

Hi Max,

Sorry, but we cannot reproduce this. While the entire CMDS system is still early days, we are getting RWR audio alerts. Please make sure that the RWR switch is enabled on the CMDS panel and the threat volume knob on the audio panel is turned up.

Thanks

2 buttons beavis ;). Power flip switch and rwr button near it in a bank of 4 buttons.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Toggle switches (3 of them) next to the RWR power button, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :)

On the CMS panel? I believe they are enabling inputs to the CMS dispensing system.

Also not getting any RWS sound here - CMS panel toggle switches on, Threat dial all the way up.

Edit: Added a quick and dirty track using my SEAD training mission and my desktop client and keyboard.

RWR.trk

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had heard this was to do with if the F18 module was owned and installed. I.e. those with the F18 module did have RWR noises, those without F18 module did not?

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Yeah, but next to the RWR power button, mate. ;)

No problems here with the sounds coming from the RWR.

You mean the 4 expendables selector switches that enable each expendable type to be used by the CMDS, next to the RWR Source switch which enables RWR inputs to be used by the CMDS..

Check my track, mate.

I had heard this was to do with if the F18 module was owned and installed. I.e. those with the F18 module did have RWR noises, those without F18 module did not?

Interesting, I don't own the Hornet module. Some shared sound files perhaps?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You mean the 4 expendables selector switches that enable each expendable type to be used by the CMDS, next to the RWR Source switch which enables RWR inputs to be used by the CMDS..

Check my track, mate.

Interesting, I don't own the Hornet module. Some shared sound files perhaps?

Ah, I see which ones you mean. I mean the three next to the left of those, in vertical order. And next to those, you see 4 buttons in a square, of which the bottom right one is to turn on the RWR.

I think. :lol:

No worries mate, all is well now, we have the Viper! :D