Viper Appreciation

Bagpipe

For me the Viper is the first DCS aircraft that fits like a glove... Dont get me wrong, all the other birds are awesome too, but she fits my basic idea of flying a fighter jet perfectly. Very responsive and precise.

Absolutely the right way to put it. Great little beast. Even in it`s current EA state :thumbup:

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

Happy to be here!

Nice addition to my Hangar...

I haven’t flown the Viper since the late 1990s, this brings back some memories and is very familiar.

F16, F18, F14 and AV8B...what a quiver.

Viper is much easier to land than it was way back then. I scraped my nozzles frequently in that old SIM. But I was quite the noob then. My first landing in this F16 was perfect.

Thanks ED and 3rd parties. What you do is appreciated. We would be nowhere if not for DCS.

Now please bring on the Carrier Module. I’m a Naval Aviator at heart.

<S>

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I’d like to throw in my 2 cents to congratulate the ED team on a fantastic start to what I think will be the defining aircraft of the stable.

The view from the cockpit is absolutely amazing, such an amazing vantage point that years after learning to fly her in that other Sim, with VR and the latest graphics and shaders has simply blown me away.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! There is certainly a long way to go, but we believe, even at this early state, the Viper is a lot of fun to fly.

It certainly is! Except for the aerial refuelling bug, there's nothing that keeps my squadron from executing our planned training schedule; we try to keep things semi-realistic so we're don't care about going on an airquake server on day 1 of release :thumbup:

I have about 10-12 hours in the bird now just doing free flights basically to enjoy the feel and unobstructed views (and to fine-tune the controls), and only just now started doing some BFM practice.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Wags and the rest of the ED Team. Well done!! It's as stated "Early Access" but the basics are there. It's a solid foundation to build on. I personally like the EA way of releasing these aircraft. I get to learn in nice bite size pieces. Starting with general handling then working my way through the systems as they mature. The Viper flies beautifully and the view from the pit on triple monitor with trackir is incredibly immersive. Add to that the stellar job you've done with the sounds and this is shaping up to be a real beaut!

On that note will other, already released aircraft get the benefit of this overhauled sound engine?

You've had my support since the Black Shark 1 days and I will continue supporting the pinnacle of desktop flight simulation.

Keep up the great work!!

Edited by MrNelz
Spelling error

Thanks ED!! The Viper is AWESOME, AWESOME, AWSOME!!! And to think, we only getting started.:)

Got nothing to add here - thanks ED for this wonderful module. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• ED Team

Good to see many of you are having fun with it, thank you for the support we appreciate it.

Lots of fixes and new features will be coming we hope you will enjoy them soon.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I don't get excited about too many things these days ha, but this model is awesome and one we can see so many people have been waiting for. I still can't believe we have an F16 already. That's insane, crazy work from you ED folks. Thank you, thank you!!:thumbup: