Wheel brakes not fully applying?

Can someone please post a picture of what the controls indicator with the left and right wheel brakes fully depressed should look like? I am having some sort of trouble where I cannot power up to 90 before take off because the wheel brakes aren't keeping me in place. On the controls indicator the gauge for them only goes up about a third of the way and I don't know if that's right or not. I have mfg crosswinds and in the calibration software everything seems good and in the DCS axis bindings menu the little white bar at the bottom of the bound axis seems to travel across that range properly. IDK what's happening. Thanks for any help.

If ED modeled them correctly the brakes automatically release when the throttle is advanced beyond 85-90%(I can't remember the actual parameters though). So, in short, it's normal.

System Specs: Virpil WarBRD Base, Virpil Mongoose T-50CM stick w/Virpil desk mount, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/Virpil desk mount, MFG Crosswind RP, TrackIR 5, Stream Deck 32, Windows 11 Home 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3600, Asus X570 TUF Gaming Pro WiFi MoBo, XFX RX 6800 XT Merc 319, 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, 1TB Toshiba HDD 7200rpm, 2TB WD Blue HDD 5400rpm, 1TB WD Black 750 NVMe M.2 SSD, No Optical drive, Onboard Audio + Avid Eleven Rack Audio Interface.

I mean the wheel/toe brakes. Like in the taxi/takeoff training mission when on the runway and you're instructed to hold the brakes and advance the throttle to 90%. The plane wouldn't stay still at that RPM even with the toe brakes fully depressed.

I have to use the W key to hold the brakes during run up as the toe brakes aren't that effective.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

In one of the two tutorials at the moment it asks you to apply the brakes and to advance the throttle to 90% and check for function on the corresponding panels. I cannot get the brakes to hold for it at that level of power as requested by the tutorial so i just pressed space-bar to continue.

In my testing I think its the left brake. I've had another verify that the amount of braking appears much better on the right over the left. If you try rolling and jam on left break vs right we get different behavior. I also think when I got to 80%+ power it starts rotating right (because left break isn't holding).

In my testing I think its the left brake. I've had another verify that the amount of braking appears much better on the right over the left. If you try rolling and jam on left break vs right we get different behavior. I also think when I got to 80%+ power it starts rotating right (because left break isn't holding).

+1

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

I think the braking power altogether is too weak. Even during the landing roll after aerobraking down to 100 knots, it takes way too much pavement to slow down. Also I think the anti skid isn’t very well simulated, too. It may be a contributing factor.

Do a high speed taxi down runway and apply moderate to max brake pressure. You see the wheels lock then release repeatedly. Granted once below a set speed usually these systems don’t work and if you do apply the same braking pressure, the wheels will lock up and you’ll skid, but that’s at like below 20 knots wheel speed typically. I’ve never seen or heard of an anti skid system respond that slow. It’s whole purpose is to prevent skidding. Don’t seem to do that well at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Since I started this thread I wanted to update and like others have said, I'm 99% sure my problem here was related to the left wheel brake acting funny/not working, which Nineline has said they have reproduced and it's a known issue now.

• 1 month later...

I am definitely having this same issue. Only my right toe brake seems to actually apply braking. My left toe brake does not. Is there a source where Nineline acknowledges that this is an issue?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Weak Left Brake here as well. Seems intermittent though. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

You are correct, it does not happen all the time.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

The fix for this is to set your axis as "slider" in the axis tune page, by default it isn't a slider. The wheel brake then functions correctly.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

The fix for this is to set your axis as "slider" in the axis tune page, by default it isn't a slider. The wheel brake then functions correctly.

Thanks, but I did that and it still happens. As mentioned before it does not happen all the time. Still trying to figure out when & why.

Thanks, but I did that and it still happens. As mentioned before it does not happen all the time. Still trying to figure out when & why.

So you already had it as slider, or you switched to slider? If you switched to the slider, did you close the game out and relaunch?

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I changed from Axis to Slider, relaunched DCS and I still have a random weak / nonexistent left brake.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

This issue is so weird. When I taxi I'm testing the left and right brake one after the other. Sometimes the left brake works. Is a track file really necessary for this to be reported?