[FIXED] Strange flgiht behavior

Eroxz564

I am seeing the F-16 yaw to the left on takeoff as well. I have made sure that all controls are centered and calibrated and then used rctrl+enter to bring up the control indicator which shows everything centered. I even unplugged the rudders, but is still yaws left every time on the takeoff roll. I have a deadzone of 5 on my rudders as well. Jet is clean, no pylons.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Just did a quick test on the cauc map with hot start from parked jets. Had one f16 totally clean with 100% fuel and all the pylons that could be removed taken off. Took off and had no unwanted roll, all was good. Next jet I had loaded with stores but symmetrically(no TGP), 100% fuel. It did have a bit of unwanted left roll after take off, very subtle but it was there. It was 120c's on the tips, 9x's inboard, ter rack with 2 mk82's, and fuel bags. I had another jet loaded with GBUs and the tgp, so assymetrical(I was gonna try to get it trimmed but I guess that's another issue), but I didn't even test that one after the symmetrically loaded jet exhibited the left roll. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Many thanks, we are pretty sure the TCTS pod is the culprit, and it is used in many inf the included instant action missions.

Thanks

I tried a clean jet with no wind and had no roll.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

If any, I might have noticed a very slight tendency to roll left as well, but I have that on other modules similarly, even the Hornet. But on the other hoof I noticed quite a significant tendency to roll right with full CBU-97 load (all other pylons that can be removed taken off, no AA missiles brought), even after dropping all of them, no aileron trim ever done. As soon as I removed the racks and took off again, the tendency to roll right went away. Track is 33MB, bit heavy for upping here.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I did many testing with different load outs and in my opinion it is linked to the wing fuel tanks. I don't know if it is fuel imbalance or drag coefficients.

Every time I climbed to 20,000ft and accelerated to approx. Mach 1. Issue only appears with wing fuel tanks. The left wing tend to dip with them

Asus z170i pro gaming MB / i7-6700K OC 4.5Ghz /

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 8GD / Ram 16gb DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz / SSD 500Gb / Oculus Rift S

Many thanks, we are pretty sure the TCTS pod is the culprit, and it is used in many inf the included instant action missions.

Thanks

Can't be the reason. I never had the pod loaded, 100% symmetrical load, 2 AIM-9M, 4 AIM-120C. And the aircraft rolled to the left.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Thanks

Wrong. ... since pod is carried on the right side. HTS pod is carried on the left side

If its the pod causing it, the aircraft would roll to the right. Also please read the post above.

It's also not .my joystick, since other modules fly perfectly straight

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Same problem, clean aircraft, 100% fuel, 0 wind and small deadzone on all axis : slight tendency to roll left, manual triming too powerfull to counter this effect. I have no problem with F18 or M2000.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2666Mhz, GTX 2070 Super, SSD 1To, TrackIR 5, TM16000M HOTAS

I did many testing with different load outs and in my opinion it is linked to the wing fuel tanks. I don't know if it is fuel imbalance or drag coefficients.

Every time I climbed to 20,000ft and accelerated to approx. Mach 1. Issue only appears with wing fuel tanks. The left wing tend to dip with them

Do we know if the tank supply drains both wing tanks simultaneously or does it drain first one and then another? Could that be giving us the slight roll drift?

Do we know if the tank supply drains both wing tanks simultaneously or does it drain first one and then another? Could that be giving us the slight roll drift?

That's what i'm thinking aswell.Or some issues with drag values from the stores or pylons?

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

[CANNOT REPRODUCE] Strange behavior

Wrong. ... since pod is carried on the right side. HTS pod is carried on the left side

If its the pod causing it, the aircraft would roll to the right. Also please read the post above.

The TCTS is carried on an air to air missile station, Wags is not referring to the Litening targeting pod here.

Edit: maybe a silly question, but are we sure this rolling isn’t just the gyroscopic effect of the Viper’s engine + small throttle changes?

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Left yaw on takeoff still present...

I am still experiencing left yaw on takeoff. Clean jet, no pylons, no wind.

I have attached two tracks showing the behavior, one with AB on takeoff and one with mil-power.

F-16 left yaw test AB.trk

F-16 left yaw test mil pwr.trk

Edited by =BJM=

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

• ED Team

Let's try to be a little more polite please?

I think you are confusing the TCTS pod with the Litening targeting pod.

Thanks

• ED Team
Same problem, clean aircraft, 100% fuel, 0 wind and small deadzone on all axis : slight tendency to roll left, manual triming too powerfull to counter this effect. I have no problem with F18 or M2000.

Kindly provide a track.

Thanks

• ED Team
Can't be the reason. I never had the pod loaded, 100% symmetrical load, 2 AIM-9M, 4 AIM-120C. And the aircraft rolled to the left.

Sorry, but we cannot reproduce this. Please understand that we are talking about the TCTS pod, not the targeting pod.

Thanks

• ED Team
I am still experiencing left yaw on takeoff. Clean jet, no pylons, no wind.

I have attached two tracks showing the behavior, one with AB on takeoff and one with mil-power.

Please remove mods from your tracks. We are unable to play your tracks due to this.

Thanks

Let's try to be a little more polite please?

I think you are confusing the TCTS pod with the Litening targeting pod.

Thanks

Wilco, pls excuse my word choices there, it sounded more harse than it was meant to be (not native english)

Anyway, i think its reproducable in a MP enviroment. Load the jet with 4 Aim120's, 2 sidewinders and 2 bags of fuel. Takeoff and start a 5-10 degrees climb and you should she her soon roll to the left

Edited by Falconeer

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• ED Team
Wilco, pls excuse my word choices there, it sounded more harse than it was meant to be (not native english)

Anyway, i think its reproducable in a MP enviroment. Load the jet with 4 Aim120's, 2 sidewinders and 2 bags of fuel. Takeoff and start a 5-10 degrees climb and you should she her soon roll to the left

Hello, I just tested this loadout with no wind and I cannot reproduce this. Kindly provide a track.

Thanks

Hello Wags,

track is inside the RAR file. After takeoff, you can see the slight roll to the left.

When i start to climb at 10 degrees, you can see its rolling again to the left and you see me compensating

And when im leveling off, its starts to roll again to the left

i hope this is helpfull to the team

Slight_Roll_left.rar

Edited by Falconeer

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• ED Team
Hello Wags,

track is inside the RAR file. After takeoff, you can see the slight roll to the left.

When i start to climb at 10 degrees, you can see its rolling again to the left and you see me compensating

And when im leveling off, its starts to roll again to the left

i hope this is helpfull to the team

Thanks, but your track shows an external of a Mi-24. Please provide a short and to the point example in single player.

Thanks

Hi Matt,

See track attached.

The plane is loaded with fuel tanks only.

Beginning of the flight is low altitude level flight, no issues.

Then going up, the plane is creeping slowly left without any input. As the flight goes, the roll rate amplifies.

I hope it helps and thanks for the F-16!

Roll left.trk

Asus z170i pro gaming MB / i7-6700K OC 4.5Ghz /

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 8GD / Ram 16gb DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz / SSD 500Gb / Oculus Rift S