F18C Closer default view in cockpit while in VR?

Sirbum

Just a quick question, sometime ago i change the viewing angle when i was using TrackIR so that i could see a little better. i know where those settings are but what i am trying to find out now,

Now i use the Rift S, and in the F18 i notice that i sit way back in the seat, to the point that if i look straight down im almost outside the seat. i know that i can just physically move my chair closer to the monitor but thats not really an option due to my desk.

In the F16 i noticed that i sit way closer to the UFC, so i am thinking its a setting in a config file maybe?

Anyways just wondering if anyone knows of a way to default the view a little closer in the F18 when using Rift S.

You can also map the move camera control to your joystick or throttle and have it there when you need it. In aircraft controls map "Cockpit camera move forward" or "Cockpit camera move back" to a switch or button. I use the paddle or pinkie switch and trim hat buttons on mine for up, down, forward and back. Just set the paddle swicth or button of choice as a modifier or switch. Then using the modifier, program and set the other ones on the POV trim hat switch to up, down, forward, back, left, right, centre etc.. You can save a new position to default by Ralt+Numpad 0 or map that as well. You can use any switch you want as a modifier (it works like a shift key) if it interferes or conflicts with an aircraft function.

Sorry if you probably knew most of that but some folk might not be aware.......or like me forget.

Edited by Macka

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

I also use a Rift S - I use centre VR zoom alot, so much so i have it bound to hotas along with VR zoom.

Wherever you have your head when you push the recenter VR view it will hold that position, a very very simple solution is lean back your head in the chair and your view will be closer to the HUD. Lean forward and recenter press and you will be further back in your chair.

Its that simple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

I also use a Rift S - I use centre VR zoom alot, so much so i have it bound to hotas along with VR zoom.

Wherever you have your head when you push the recenter VR view it will hold that position, a very very simple solution is lean back your head in the chair and your view will be closer to the HUD. Lean forward and recenter press and you will be further back in your chair.

Its that simple.

That is what I do each time I first get into the cockpit of the Hornet.

I move back a little and down a little, hit the re-center button on my stick and then move back into my regular position and am fine.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|