Rift S 80 FPS locked then STUTTER

lastresort77

Hello all,

I’m seeking some more things to try to fix my random VR stutters. My rig runs the rift s at 80 FPS locked all day except a fast second every minute or so it stutters down to 6 FPS or even hourglass then immediate back to 80 FPS locked. Other VR games experience no issue. I even changed the video card and stutters still persisted the same way. I’ve set the motherboard to defaults and worked with evga to rule out the video card. Ram, drives have all been tested and are performing healthy.

I7-9700k 4.8ghz all cores fixed speed(no speed step)

1080ti FTW3 EVGA, no additional overlock and tried debug mode to run at reference speed.

32gb ram in 2x16gb, 3000mhz xmp but also tried motherboard defaults

850watt Corsair power supply, 12v rail never fluctuates

Samsung m.2 nvme drive, tested healthy and fast

Page file in windows set to 100gb on nvme drive

I have also added the dcs folder and saved game folder to antivirus exclusions with no improvement.

Edited by lastresort77

First thing I would try is resetting the page file to Windows default and see if it makes any difference.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|