[REPORTED]Export MFCD very since OB 2.5.5.36986

jed40

I'm using a 3 screens configuration. Main for cockpit, 2nd for MFCD, and 3rd one for Helios and 3rd MFCD when available.

Since last update (OB 2.5.5.36986) the exported MFCD are very dark. I fly mainly A-10C and F/A 18, and I have same problem. On the main display (cockpit) they appear normally, but on the other they are very dark. It's like a gamma problem.

I tried on the last stable release 2.5.5.35461, it works perfectly without gamma difference.

Have you experience same problem ?

Thks for help

Edited by jed40

Hi Jed40

I just came here to post about the same problem. Since the last update my exported displays are very dark. I only export the F-18 displays so i cannot say anything about other aircraft. I cannot use my targeting pod now as it is too dark to see and the map is also very dark.

Just to add more info to this bug/problem, I have noticed that when I go to any external view, the exported displays all brighten up to as they should be. They look great. When i go back to the cockpit view the displays darken again.

I can confirm that.

Also the exported displays from the Ka-50 and the A-10C are too dark for me.

This has changed with the last update.

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

I confirm also that on external view (F2-F3) MFCD becomes good as normal and come back dark when press F1 to go back into the cockpit.

I hope this will be corrected for next update because TGP is not usable any more :cry::director:

Can someone from ED simply acknowledge the problem? Please don't just ignore it so it never gets fixed. It was fine up until the second to last update. Surely it is easy to fix.

Many people spend lots of money, time and energy in setting up exported displays and cockpit panels. This problem makes it impossible to use the exported displays.

The exported displays look bright and clear in any external view but are very dark when in the F1 cockpit view. My F-18 map and especially the targeting pod are unusable.

I have 2 screens. The secondary screens is used in two different configurations:

1. Left and right MFCD for A-10C e.a.

2. Left DDI and AMPCD for the FA-18C

In both configurations, the exported displays are significantly darker than in the main monitor. Also, when I hit F2 they brighten up, and darken again when I return to F1 view.

I concur with Milli: It's especially annoying with the targeting pod and the AMPCD map view.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Same issue, the exported MFCDs are VERY dim. The viper's displays seem to be particularly bad. I adjusted ingame gamma, no effect, adjusted the monitor's brightness and contrast as high as it would go, and it's still nigh unreadable.

WNy1mTD.jpg

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi all

apologies for overlooking this, I have reported it now.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

While waiting for the fix to the problem I have a workaround that works very well for me. I have a nvidia graphics card and so if i open up the nvidia control panel and go to 'Adjust colour desktop settings', then select my second monitor and select 'Use nvidia settings' in the 'Choose how colour is set' section. Then all i do is boost the brightness up (90% in my case) and boost the contrast up to 75%. Voila, nice bright, clear looking MPCD and DDI's.

• 2 months later...

Hi, any updates?

If not fixing it, please add a "gamma" or "brightness" options for each different export to be programmed by users into .lua files in MonitorSetup.

For example, now the Ka-50 Shkval export is brighter than cockpit, while ABRIS export is much much darker than in the cockpit in 2.5.6 as on 20-Feb-2020.

Please. Thank you.

https://imgur.com/f8k2Xt5

Edited by Kyuzo