Radio Chatter Audio file

Rain

Greetings,

I used to use an audio file that was 1 hour long and I would play it in my MiG-21 or F-5. It was a real recording and it was very immersive to use it on patrols in multiplayer environment.

How do I get to do the same in F/A-18C? I want to play those recordings in the Hornet but I forgot how to. :noexpression:

I will be looking for your responses,

Rain

Dam! This is exactly what I’m looking for!

Yep, you need to use it with a trigger. I know the audio file your talking about.

Hope you don’t me jumping in here but I would be very interested in getting this to work in my missions as I’m kinda bored with my Voice Attack chatter themes atm. How do you get them to play in a mission by use of a trigger? Oops I thought about that and I think I can answer my own question, so tell me if I’m wrong. You mean the triggers within our ME correct and then use the “ play sound to coalition or unit” selection yes?

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Hope you don’t me jumping in here but I would be very interested in getting this to work in my missions as I’m kinda bored with my Voice Attack chatter themes atm. How do you get them to play in a mission by use of a trigger? Oops I thought about that and I think I can answer my own question, so tell me if I’m wrong. You mean the triggers within our ME correct and then use the “ play sound to coalition or unit” selection yes?

Yes exactly. You then put that file within your miz folder if that makes sense?

It’s very easy. In the triggers menu in ME, make a new trigger Mission Start and in the last tab choose either sound to all or radio transmissions. The last one will enable you to turn down the sound on the radio or even switch to a different frq to turn it off. The .ogg or .wav files can be anywhere on your HD.

Yea but, got a link to the original hour long radio chatter? I would love to use it for our missions as well.

If we (TFK) are going on a long mission I will sometimes broad cast a Foo Fighters concert on a FM channel, its so cool to have that coming through the radio, you can hear all the comms normally but with an extra layer of rock n roll goodness :D makes the mission file pretty huge though.

Hey it passes the time and adds a good touch of rhythm to your flying. :pilotfly:

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Yea but, got a link to the original hour long radio chatter? I would love to use it for our missions as well.

If we (TFK) are going on a long mission I will sometimes broad cast a Foo Fighters concert on a FM channel, its so cool to have that coming through the radio, you can hear all the comms normally but with an extra layer of rock n roll goodness :D makes the mission file pretty huge though.

Hey it passes the time and adds a good touch of rhythm to your flying. :pilotfly:

Just do a "military aircraft radio chatter" in YouTube and download the audio from that. There is a great Aircraft Carrier comms 2 hours long. It's superb. Loads of LSO stuff. I will have a look on my spare hard drive and see if I have still got the audio file that the OP was talking about.

Edited by Mule

I love Radio Chatter

Yes exactly. You then put that file within your miz folder if that makes sense?

Thanks kindly Mule, I appreciate that

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I love Radio Chatter

In fact I’m had mine setup to play when I closed the door on the Huey. You can do it all sorts of ways

Awesome, I'll tinker around with it, thanks again man :thumbup:

I love Radio Chatter

It’s very easy. In the triggers menu in ME, make a new trigger Mission Start and in the last tab choose either sound to all or radio transmissions. The last one will enable you to turn down the sound on the radio or even switch to a different frq to turn it off. The .ogg or .wav files can be anywhere on your HD.

Beautiful! Thanks kega76 , I'll give it a shot.

:thumbup:

I appreciate the answers, but - I was using radio chatter on every one of my flights on all multiplayer servers I was flying (most often it was 104th and other full switch servers). It was not a mission audio file (trigger?).

Greetings,

I used to use an audio file that was 1 hour long and I would play it in my MiG-21 or F-5. It was a real recording and it was very immersive to use it on patrols in multiplayer environment.

How do I get to do the same in F/A-18C? I want to play those recordings in the Hornet but I forgot how to. :noexpression:

I will be looking for your responses,

Rain

There are a few ways to do it depending on which theater and whether you're playing off line or on line; I thing do to bugs.

I generally use this method because it works online:

Create a trigger zone;

Set trigger to Switched action;

Set unit in zone;

Set Radio transmission if you only want to hear it on a specific frequency.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

There are a few ways to do it depending on which theater and whether you're playing off line or on line; I thing do to bugs.

I generally use this method because it works online:

Create a trigger zone;

Set trigger to Switched action;

Set unit in zone;

Set Radio transmission if you only want to hear it on a specific frequency.

Hey there BoneDust,

I don't mean to be picky but there is no "Switched action" only "Switched Condition" or "Continuous Action" from that drop down box Trigger Type. I'm having some trouble getting this Chatter thingy going after many attempts in my ME, so was just wondering what "Trigger Type" you actually meant and do you use it in SP Missions? I don't do MP.

Thats it man, I remember now! I don't need any mission triggers and those other thing-magics.

Hey there Rain, will this work in F/A-18C? I noticed it's for A-10C

Hey there BoneDust,

I don't mean to be picky but there is no "Switched action" only "Switched Condition" or "Continuous Action" from that drop down box Trigger Type. I'm having some trouble getting this Chatter thingy going after many attempts in my ME, so was just wondering what "Trigger Type" you actually meant and do you use it in SP Missions? I don't do MP.

Yes, you are correct on the terminology bud. In SP all you need to do is set the trigger to Mission Start and nothing to trigger it and then set Radio Transmission in the third box.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

C'mon gimmie some chatter!

Yes, you are correct on the terminology bud. In SP all you need to do is set the trigger to Mission Start and nothing to trigger it and then set Radio Transmission in the third box.

Hey thanks for getting back to me. I did try that but still no cigar. It is an "ogg" file too and it does play in my ME so not sure what's going on. And also a "Zone" option appears and by default throws in a Zone I've created within my mission that has nothing to do with my Radio, so I'm a little perplexed. Anyway, gotta split for work now but when I get home tonight I will fool around some more with it. This is what I have as attached, maybe you can see something I'm missing.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

:thumbup: