Radio Chatter Audio file

Rain

Radio Chatter success!

My Radio Chatter issue is solved!

With some help from a buddy.. attached is the best settings we found for Radio Chatter Transmission in the Triggers and it doesn't interfere with any other Triggers within the mission. The Trigger Zone I purposely left colored to see for this example and is directly next to my Airfield and is only about 150 ft in diameter. The name given as Radio Chatter is unique to the mission so as not to conflict with anything else. Prior, I cleaned up the sound in Audacity and increased the vol using a little EQ and the sound file is from a real Red Flag mission and sounds great and suits nicely in NTTR Map. I'm going to post this one soon as "TGP Take Down" when I finish checking a few more things so anyone interested can maybe get an idea for their missions if they enjoy the Chatter as I do.

Cheers , G

:thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Hey there Rain, will this work in F/A-18C? I noticed it's for A-10C

It works in the Hornet. If you move the ADF switch to 1 or 2 it will play on a loop. It replaces the squelch static in every aircraft. I used to use triggers but this is much easier for what I was looking for. Just ambient, tactical radio chatter.

It works in the Hornet. If you move the ADF switch to 1 or 2 it will play on a loop. It replaces the squelch static in every aircraft. I used to use triggers but this is much easier for what I was looking for. Just ambient, tactical radio chatter.

Hey bigalsunit, sorry to bother you. Where can I find this static sound so I can replace it with my audio file?

Thanks, tried that already and once switched on it weirdly couldn't be turned off. It's cool, I've got what I was after. I'm just hoping the rest of the triggers will be unaffected, need more testing.

Thanks for your input

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Thanks, tried that already and once switched on it weirdly couldn't be turned off. It's cool, I've got what I was after. I'm just hoping the rest of the triggers will be unaffected, need more testing.

Thanks for your input[/quote

Sweet! If you ever go back to the “ADF static” way of doing it, you can get it to shut off by putting the ADF switch to center then selecting the squelch action for com 1 or 2 on the UFC. It took me a while to finally figure it out. Anyways I’m glad you got it sorted with the triggers. Good luck with the testing!

I find convenient to just play the "radio ambience" on an unused AM radio frequency. This way you can tune the volume at your convenience, and it doesn't interfere with a working radio channel (ATC, Awacs or anything).

And you can just not setting this ambience frequency if you don't want it, or want to use your 2 radios for mission purpose. (ex : air comms (1) + awacs (2). And when out of duty you can set again the "ambience" frequency).

I've extracted the .ogg files from the F18 red flag iron hand mission with winzip and use them they are cool.

In this mission (strike fighter) I assume the sound is not activated by "radio transmission" trigger, but "play sound" trigger. So it's just backgrounded played and you can't interfere with it, by opposition to "radio transmission" which is tied to a radio frequency so you can set or not, and change volume.

You can play your downloaded .ogg file using "radio transmission" instead of squelch. (the way described by GazAce in this same thread : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4064134&postcount=26 )

Beware that the frequency choosen to play the sound become unusable for other comms.

In this mission (strike fighter) I assume the sound is not activated by "radio transmission" trigger, but "play sound" trigger. So it's just backgrounded played and you can't interfere with it, by opposition to "radio transmission" which is tied to a radio frequency so you can set or not, and change volume.

You can play your downloaded .ogg file using "radio transmission" instead of squelch. (the way described by GazAce in this same thread : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4064134&postcount=26 )

Beware that the frequency choosen to play the sound become unusable for other comms.

I thought it was just background also. But it’s not. When you splash a mig you will get radio feed back from wingman. Thought it was very well done I have not seen any other missions like this.

I do not have red flag missions but was told there are missions like this~

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.