[NOT A BUG] VHF radio mode AM - FM

purpi

I have followed the original F16 manual to change from AM to FM and it does not work, it may not be implemented at this time but I publish it in case it was an error.

Steps to change AM / FM mode:

Rotary from COM2 to Guard and press any number from 1-9 on the ICP panel.

Hey, did you manage to get a solution for your VHF radio issue? I'm also having trouble using the VHF radio (COM 2) in the Viper. In single player missions I'm unable to give orders to wingman, because I can't get COMM 2 to work.

C&I knob set to UFC, Audio 1 controls under the throttle (COMM 1 and COMM 2) are set to upward on/enable position, VHF frequency is correct (as defined in mission editor and mission briefing), and pressing VHF transmit button doesn't work - the UHF in the DED flashes indicating the transmission was not in VHF. Am I missing something? Or the VHF radio is really not working?

PS.: The viper is my first full fidelity mod, I've been flying only FC3 planes til now. So pardon me if my question is something obvious to fix.

COM2 radio is able to tune VHF-FM in range 30.000 through 87.975 MHz.

AI wingman appears to listen on the COM1 radio only. Perhaps if the flight's frequency (set in ME) is in the VHF AM or VHF FM frequency range then communication will need to be via COM2.

COM2 radio is able to tune VHF-FM in range 30.000 through 87.975 MHz.

AI wingman appears to listen on the COM1 radio only. Perhaps if the flight's frequency (set in ME) is in the VHF AM or VHF FM frequency range then communication will need to be via COM2.

It is correct it works on FM frequencies, I have tested it with the KC135 tanker Fr 84.000MHz.

But my question is that the AM - FM mode does not change according to the original manual.

How were you able to set that frequency, simply by entering the digits? Considering the AM and FM frequency ranges don't overlap perhaps the OFP was changed sometime in history to automatically switch modulation based on digits instead of the manual process described in the -1.

Certainly manual switching of modulation by SEQ was true at least at one point in history.

Radio Issues

Useful radio feature

• Previous channel/frequency is not selected when COM1 or COM2 override is selected, no digits entered, and ENTR pressed. I think that's because previous selection is pre-populated in scratchpad (such that immediate ENTR button completes the entry). In any case previous selection is made without having to enter it explicitly.

Minor radio features

• When COMM 2 mode switch is in GD position VHF DED page shows "VHF ON AM GUARD" as expected. However when any ICP number key (1-9) is pressed while on VHF DED page FM Guard is not selected. Additionally, asterisks are not displayed around word 'AM' indicating ability to toggle.
  • Display of 'SEC' is not shown when KY-58 is used with COMM 1 or COMM 2.
  • UHF page 'TOD' is not selectable by asterisks. Therefore anti-jamming mode cannot be used.

Currently pressing VHF or UHF switches on the throttle the UHF or VHF labels (CNI page) don't highlight in reverse video and AI transmissions are not testable as neither button nor '\' brings up the AI communication menu. I'm not sure if it's my client or the current version in general.