Low speed warning tone

Bouli306

The low speed warning tone seems to be forgotten? It should be the same sound as the tone that you hear when you go over 15 degrees AOA with gear down although I have my doubts that the tone in DCS is the correct one. I think it should sound like the intermittend landing gear warning tone only continuous until the situation has cleared.

The Low speed warning tone operates between 45 degrees nose up until 135 degrees nose up position. Speeds depend on nose attitude starting at 100kts at 45 degrees and 135 degrees and at 200kts for 90 degrees pitch up attitude.

You can hear the slow speed warning here several times from 6:55 to 7:40

QYUXjz6-s6o?start=415

video is set to 6:55, just hit play

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'm trying to find where is describes the tone in detail. The 00GV does not have it, the -1 does not. You think maybe the -23 or the -27GS might have it?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

-27GS did not say. I can't think where else would be describe in.

To whom it may concern,

The LSWT covers both the condition of LG down + AOA >15 and pitch + airspeed. The sounds are not merely similar but exactly identical because they are both one and the same system with two different condition sets.

The interrupted tone is the LG warning horn and is of a lesser priority than the LSWT. Condition of LG warning horn is <190kt, <10kft, >250 fpm descent. When both LSWT and LG warning horn conditions are present the LSWT is heard.

The LSWT covers both the condition of LG down + AOA >15 and pitch + airspeed. The sounds are not merely similar but exactly identical because they are both one and the same system with two different condition sets.

The interrupted tone is the LG warning horn and is of a lesser priority than the LSWT. Condition of LG warning horn is <190kt, <10kft, >250 fpm descent. When both LSWT and LG warning horn conditions are present the LSWT is heard.

The LSWT covers both the condition of LG down + AOA >15 and pitch + airspeed LSWT covers both the condition of LG down + AOA >15 and pitch and pitch] + airspeed. Not exactly true , it is: The LSWT covers both the condition of LG down + AOA >15 OR pitch + airspeed

Low speed warnign tone will sound when one of the following conditions exists:

- AOA is 15 degrees or greater with LG handle down

or ALT FLAPS switch in EXTEND.

- Combined airspeed and pitch angle fall on a point

within the tone on area with LG handle up and ALT

FLAPS switch in NORM.

LSWT.PNG.952bfd4383a1d754fbb4d1110ed0d7c7.PNG

Edited by Bouli306
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

The Viper is missing Betty's "WARNING WARNING" part of the Low Speed tone/audible indication. From what I have observed, WARNING is said four times with a short pause between the second and third. It comes after eight beeps on the Low Speed Tone. Afterwards, the beeps continue until the aircraft is out of the parameters for it to sound. Here are three quick examples:

Here is the tone in DCS:

Edited by dtpilot247
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

posts merged. 

Low speed warning tone is already implemented, but we will look into the "warning warning".

thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Low speed warning tone

The occurrence of a warning fault initiates the following events: The FLCS red warning light
on the right glareshield illuminates and the flashing WARNING mnemonic is displayed on the HUD. The voice message
(WARNING, WARNING,....WARNING, WARNING) is activated 1.5 seconds after receipt of the warning input. The voice
message is deactivated when the warning stops or the drift cutout switch on the ICP is positioned to WARN RESET

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Geraki said:

The occurrence of a warning fault initiates the following events: The FLCS red warning light
on the right glareshield illuminates and the flashing WARNING mnemonic is displayed on the HUD. The voice message
(WARNING, WARNING,....WARNING, WARNING) is activated 1.5 seconds after receipt of the warning input. The voice
message is deactivated when the warning stops or the drift cutout switch on the ICP is positioned to WARN RESET

Almost forgot that the WARNING HUD symbology is missing as well. Good catch! 🙂
Because of that, I'd like to add these video references because it goes hand in hand with the low speed tone and Betty WARNING sound. Hopefully it's not too late for these to be considered!

• Like 2