Heatblur Development Update - Thunder & Cat

Cobra847

Whoop whoop!

Thank you! :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Young-Tom-Cruise-73219.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Hrm, i wonder on which map the Viggen campaign will be placed. Cobra stated that the F-14 campaign is coming for Caucasus, but did not specifiy where the main Viggen campaign would take place.

New undisclosed map incoming?

There have been very few moments in my flight simulation history, including in real life, that I have been more than impressed; but the Tomcat beats all of these moments!

I can’t thank you guys enough! It’s an amazing module, and more over this iconic aircraft!

Please keep up the good work, and I, for my part at least, would not mind paying a little extra to continue contributing!

Looking forward to these updates. The Tomcat is far and away the best module for DCS.

Just a couple of questions:

1) The skinner in me wants to know if/when we will get dynamic BORT numbers for the Tomcat and Viggen.

2) You mentioned that the pilot will not be able to control RIO equipment. Is the converse also true (i.e. will the RIO still be able to lean over to click pilot switches and screw with the pilot's ejection seat arming?) :lol:

and a completely separate suggestion for skinning: can we get decals for the positions where names would go on the canopy rails? This would be great for virtual squadrons who may need to change pilot/rio combinations from time to time.

EDIT: Better yet, tie the pilot/rio decal to the last BORT number like the C-101 so we can have one skin, multiple pilot/rio combos.

Edited by Home Fries

Thank you guys for these updates. Aside from being the best module currently available for DCS, I think it's fair to say your engagement with the community is the benchmark standard.

I can't help smiling that you guys have come along and really taken the wind out of Ed's sails! While we're all on the same team, and I happily have the Hornet and Viper at my fingertips, the F-14B has really just been a first class show and shown what's possible!

You guys rock.

Looney:

Does the update also include the NAVGRID for the F-14?

Halcyon:

Any news on the navigational grid for the RIO?

unkhunto:

Looks great. TWS auto and Jester LANTIRN will be awesome. Is any work being done on NAVGRID?

The navgrid is still on our list, but it is lower priority than the things discussed in this update. It might be done this year still, but not that likely at this point (the year is running out very quickly!). It should be quite useful for bullseye relative navigation (a.k.a. YY in the F-14 -1 NATOPS), but quite a lot of work for a fairly niche benefit.

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airhunter:

And what do you guys mean with digital EGIT?

Gneckes:

What do you mean with "digital EGIT (-B)"?

draconus:

Yes, but what is "digital EGIT"?

That was a typo, it should've been EIG (Engine Instrument Group), guess somebody smooshed together EIG and EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) when typing that.

The F-14B with F110-GE-400 engines didn't have the analog tape gauges that the F-14A with P&W TF-30 engines had (similar to this) , instead it had more like digital bar graph style gauges for RPM/EGT/FF.

Edited by gyrovague
Added Airhunter

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amazing update!!

If ED ever makes a DCS 3rd Party Developer of the Year awards you guys will win hands down

Edited by Innerloop

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Currently, the last remaining items are to record the remaining voice lines required for this [...]

This is the chance to add a

reference (which this module certainly is), totally would make my day icon_redface.gif

Looking forward to the new stuff there! dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

As always, thanks for keeping your customers updated. This is the best module by far, in my opinion. Keep up the excellent work, and thanks again.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK FOLKS!!

LOVE YOUR WORK......

SALUTE!

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA