no weapons will fire

Assign a button to "WEAPON RELEASE"

Ensure the "MASTER ARM" in the left upper panel is in the ON position

Try cycling through the weapons mode with the number keys at the top of the keyboard. I think 3 or 4 will put it in GUN mode. You see the change in the HUD.

Then push the WEAPONS RELEASE button or <RALT> + <SPACEBAR>.

Edited by karlh
[SIZE="6"][SIZE="6"][FONT=Impact][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B][FONT=Arial Black]K A R L[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE="5"][FONT=Times New Roman][I7-4770k/16GB RAM/ GTX 1080/ Oculus Rift S] [/FONT] [/FONT][/SIZE]

Getting to the gun piper is fairly non intuitive.

But all weapons work, you just need to watch some videos.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Getting to the gun piper is fairly non intuitive.

But all weapons work, you just need to watch some videos.

yep :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I have seen a user having similar issues due to unofficial mods being installed so if you have any please remove them and run a cleanup and repair.

Please attach your dcs log we may see some clues

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

no matter what keyboard key or stick button I assign them to, not even the gun will fire. So, bummed out. This is the only plane in DCS i've had issues with getting it to work. Tried to get a refund from Steam but, they wouldn't do :(

Make sure you have your Master Arm on! Also, for gun, search "Second Trigger Detent" and assign your button.

F-16 Driver Wannabe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
No, mods.. where do I find the logs?

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

yes in F16c Sim mode. No current logs in that directory only logs are from 10/10/2018, there are logs in Saved Games\DCS\Logs. tried to upload it but, get dcs.log:

Invalid File, can you tell anything by the pics?

IMG_2199.thumb.jpg.d1de24ae6c808f8f5b79c25c8523dbbf.jpg

IMG_2202.thumb.jpg.e6f9fb88bd0f679f2262899093fcdaf8.jpg

IMG_2203.thumb.jpg.08db344b80ce6b0795d7759ed2c3f267.jpg

Edited by mjonesjr8

yes in F16c Sim mode. No current logs in that directory only logs are from 10/10/2018, there are logs in Saved Games\DCS\Logs. tried to upload it but, get dcs.log:

Invalid File, can you tell anything by the pics?

Looks to me like you're in game mode.

To quote another thread: "clear game flight mode checkbox in the in the gameplay tab,and the game avionics checkbox in the misc tab. Tabs are located in options(click the gear head in the upper left corner of the games main screen)."

see if that helps.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Looks to me like you're in game mode.

To quote another thread: "clear game flight mode checkbox in the in the gameplay tab,and the game avionics checkbox in the misc tab. Tabs are located in options(click the gear head in the upper left corner of the games main screen)."

see if that helps.

+1

P.S:Oh,no.The game mode strikes again.

i guess it was the game avionics, all weapons fire now!!! thank you all! now, how the heck do you lock a target. This is the one area I wish DCS would do better for all us who don't really want to know every single real switch just to lock a target when we don't have a full HOTAS system. I can move with the keys and put the target in inside the [ ] but, don't see how to lock on it.

That will be whatever keyboard binding is for TMS UP.

It’s very difficult to build a sim that satisfies hardcore simmers but is also accessible, I do understand your frustration. Reading the manual and getting a good understanding of what does what can be very helpful.

It’s currently work in progress but is available here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/viper_early_access_guide_en/

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

i guess it was the game avionics, all weapons fire now!!! thank you all! now, how the heck do you lock a target. This is the one area I wish DCS would do better for all us who don't really want to know every single real switch just to lock a target when we don't have a full HOTAS system. I can move with the keys and put the target in inside the [ ] but, don't see how to lock on it.

Good to hear.

U will lock the target with tms up switch,and unlock with tms down switch.

In control config. they are labeled as target management switch-up,and

target management switch-down.

To lock target in stt(single target track) you have to press tms up two times.

Edited by Void78

That will be whatever keyboard binding is for TMS UP.

It’s very difficult to build a sim that satisfies hardcore simmers but is also accessible, I do understand your frustration. Reading the manual and getting a good understanding of what does what can be very helpful.

It’s currently work in progress but is available here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/viper_early_access_guide_en/

Damn it,you have beaten me to it.:thumbup: