Polychop Simulations OH-58D Kiowa

Before the buy,I would like to see the gazelle receive this new flight model upgrade, and then I know how much I want this so is it preorder or purchase only after few bigger updates....

The reason is simply that too many studios at this moment has modules out for years that are not ready. And ED is taking their (too) good time to develop core features and functions of DCS world, like weather, that too many things are starting to feel half made through.

I would like to see smaller studios to show more examples to others that progress is made first to released modules before bringing new ones in full development.

And now I am worried that the contract has not yet even gone through the lawyers table, as anything can happen before names are on the line.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I think it would be pushing it weight wise with 4 my buddy who flew them in Afghanistan said they usually only flew with 1 hellfire and the 50 cal but I’m sure the altitude wasn’t doing them any favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

Bringing back the days of Janes Longbow! Hell yeah. Now all we need is a Apache and Blackawk and we are good to go. Cannot wait for this bird to hit the ground. Day 1 for me.

Yea I hear you with this coming out I’ll have to dust off my copies of janes longbow gold and longbow 2 and and play them some. I know they still work on Windows 10

Just need someone to come out and say they have an AH-64A in the works and my year will be complete

Excellent! Can't wait to fly it :joystick: :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I feel like the negativity regarding their past performance is getting to the point where it's beating a dead horse. We all know the Gazelle leaves a lot to be desired and their communication/effort hasn't been the greatest to this point. That being said, they know what's at stake and the amount of effort they are putting forth to improve the Gazelle currently/release a fully functional Kiowa that doesn't fly like a UFO is certainly a nice change of pace from where they've been the last several months.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

Interesting module. But for me personally, a purchase is about whether Polychop keeps its promises regarding the SA-342.

Good point! :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Old news, but still good news.

Good stuff,

Lat Kiowa Warrior simulator I played was Gunship 2000 on Amiga.

Will be fun to revisit that concept :)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I will definitely be purchasing if the Kiowa and Gazelle updates live up to these promises. Agile, light helicopters for these awesome new maps to me is just a no-brainer...

I was one of the biggest critics back when the first gaz FM debates were raging. What happened to the guys who refused to admit something is way off about the cyclic, fly-by-wire dynamics, etc....? Maybe next time we can drop the knee jerk dev defending and thereby encourage a more timely development schedule? Just a thought, guys.

I have actually had lots of fun with the module recently in the Minigun version (best cockpit visibility in DCS) and the L version for combat. I love sneaking around buildings and making hit and run dive attacks. Some of the most fun I've had in a sim, honestly. The "fraternity sim" server is great for this, btw.

In case DCS is reading this, if the Kiowa comes out at a high level of all-around quality, I also plan to buy probably $200 worth of other maps and aircraft with it. This might be something to consider...Some helo guys might be holding back on other purchases while waiting for our modules and updates. Just sayin.

Also just wanted to point out that, according to helisimmer.com, MSFS 2020 is not going to ship with any helos. So Polychop could not only be the only name in the game as far as quality helicopter simulation (in terms of environment graphics, multiplayer, etc.) you could potentially be looking at a huge influx of new sim customers in the near future. They will have no where else to go for light helicopters. Sounds like a good opportunity to me.

I see it and I don't believe it, is the AH-64 Apache for DCS going to come out in the future? ..... could it be a two-way negotiation to bring this war machine to the DCS world.

Polychop: CH 58D Kiowa :thumbup: -------> ED: AH-64 Apache ??? :music_whistling:

Apache_64.jpg.2a3dade631fc0ff3ddba7da0ba7a6277.jpg

Edited by purpi
???

How many hellfire can it port?

You are not limited to Hellfires. You can as well use APWKS rockets on it. Without any modifications to weapons systems or launchers.

I see it and I don't believe it, is the AH-64 Apache for DCS going to come out in the future?

Yes, it will come in the future.

But do not ask is it 2 months or 5 years, all we know it is just in 2 weeks.

I was one of the biggest critics back when the first gaz FM debates were raging. What happened to the guys who refused to admit something is way off about the cyclic, fly-by-wire dynamics, etc....? Maybe next time we can drop the knee jerk dev defending and thereby encourage a more timely development schedule? Just a thought, guys.

It is hard time when you spend literally years of your life to develop something. You learn new things (first helicopter project?) and you really trust and believe that you have worked all right.

And then you get messages from virtual pilots telling that something is badly wrong. And if someone starts to do personal insults or even just insults toward the project, there is zero received from the feedback and you just get the negative attitude from developers that they know better.

The cooperation between developers/engineers/designers and the customers/users is two way road. Both needs to have a respect toward each others and good faith.

Like personally for me, I still find Gazelle flight behavior too odd. And before I accept a new module from Polychop Simulations, I would like to see that Gazelle receives the flight modeling updated and fixed as good as possible. Not just because what PS has done, but the general situation in the DCS is currently that there is too many modules waiting something to be done. Many of those are completely depending what ED is doing, like their completely new rotor simulation that they are doing and that needs to be applied to all helicopters in DCS.

So for the company to improve the customer relationships, I recommend to show support first for the older products than release a new one, if that is just possible.

It is great that we are getting a Kiowa for DCS, it is something the AH-1S pilots will come to value a lot. And hopefully we see first the Gazelle pilots to get the bird flying as suppose so we can have more fun meanwhile Kiowa is coming.