Polychop Simulations OH-58D Kiowa

11 hours ago, armsupwithlawrence said:

An M134 would be cool and realistic for the Plattform. If not for the US army one but who cares. Liveries can do the rest. Here in Austria we are using the kiowa with an m134 minigun on the left side.

25397086183_3dcf0d43d4_b.jpg

That's an A/C not a D.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NeedzWD40 said:

Tunisia added it as an option for the OH-58Ds they bought: https://www.dsca.mil/press-media/major-arms-sales/tunisia-oh-58d-kiowa-warrior-aircraft-equipment-and-support

oh58d_m134_tunis.jpg

AFAIK it was never used on US Army OH-58Ds nor in an allowed loadout configuration.

Never tested ADAIK on a US Kiowa and for sure never used as part of a weapons load. Interestingly it looks like the Tunisians changed the tail numbers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very quiet on the PolyChop side.

Be nice to get any updates on the Kiowa. This is my most anticipated module.
I actually sold off all my gear, but came back with new gears months later, but my setup now is build for Helos now, and I missed my Hind and Apache but mainly I knew if I don't come back and I see the Kiowa release, that I would regret selling off everything and not been able to fly her.

Edited by Viper ZA
  • Like 4

Am 24.1.2023 um 14:09 schrieb Bremspropeller:

Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines (1965) starring Stuart ...

I love this movie…..Gert Froebe was great there….   

• Like 3

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Yes, that was a really funny movie, it's a pity that it's hardly ever shown on TV anymore. Gert Fröbe portrayed the typical German soldier so beautifully. Everything strictly by the book! 🤣

Edited by Viper1970
  • Like 1

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vakarian said:

Nope. IIRC the discussion on the Discord, rocket motor burned off while still in the launcher tube

Thanks. My bad, just follow fake information 😂. It's weird that flame was so strong, to burn through the launcher and chopper's starboard. Anyway i just hope that wasn't Polychop Kiowa, otherwise our waiting will be eternal 🤣.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Willykurtz said:

It's weird that flame was so strong, to burn through the launcher and chopper's starboard.

Why is that weird? Those rockets contain a significant amount of energy, otherwise they wouldn't fly.

Remember that there isn't much going on in terms of aerodynamic lift. 😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 5:26 AM, Berniyh said:

Why is that weird? Those rockets contain a significant amount of energy, otherwise they wouldn't fly.

Not to mention that the sheet metal is paper thin... you can poke a hole in it with a dull pencil! 

• Like 1

i9-13900K@5.8Ghz, RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Aorus Elite AX MB, 64GB DDR5 6000, 2x2TB M.2 980pro SSDs, Win11 64 P, TM Warthog, T-IR 2D @ 4K, Quest Pro VR.

On 1/22/2023 at 1:13 AM, NineLine said:

BS3 is based on a mostly experimental helicopter that never saw more than a few missions in one conflict. This allowed us to have a Redfor helo that we could mold into something that fit the needs of DCS World (and not worry about any government officials coming for us). This doesnt mean that we need or want to do this with every aircraft we do. To be honest all other aircraft, including the Kiowa have enough realistic options to not need fantasy loadouts. Not to mention we learned with the Viper than many people didnt like a loadout that might have been possible, worked well for gameplay, but not really a operational common loadout. 

SO long story short, the BS3 opens the door for a dev that might wanna do an airframe that never saw action, was never produced, etc but for all others we (and our 3rd Parties) try and be as real as documentation allow. 

I agree. That said - I think it is reasonable for people to offer to pay extra for additional variants/eras of an aircraft - or for the export examples.

I'd love to pay for an export Mi-24P with PKT door guns and UPK gunpods... even better if it was an Mi-24V and came with the MBD bomb racks for it. 🙂

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 7:26 AM, Berniyh said:

what I think is weird is the hole. I can see the scorch marks, but not the round AF hole.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 4 months later...

I wish it were real, not just another screenshot and then nothing for months 😉. Fingers crossed still.

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2023 at 5:58 PM, YoYo said:

I wish it were real, not just another screenshot and then nothing for months 😉. Fingers crossed still.

Good things take time. Patience, they´ll get there. Considering how the Gazelle turned out after the update, it´s better that Polychop takes their time, yet deliver in the quality department! I certainly can state that they have redeemed themselves! Good times ahead!

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

27 minutes ago, Bananabrai said:

Well, the FM got better, but the multi crew got worse I think.

Maybe I was just unlucky that day, did it improve for one of you guys?

The issue that was created with the new camera is fixed and should be in the next patch available. That's the main mc issue, if you refer to other specific issue, you can report it on the bug forums, even if I'm not talking, I'm looking.

• Like 1

Chinook lover - Rober -

4 years ago... and it was flyable 😞 Gagging for this.

Edited by Marshallman
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2