Polychop Simulations OH-58D Kiowa

On 11/27/2022 at 2:28 PM, Nahen said:

I'm not sure if any announced module waited more than 10 years like for the F-15E.

F-16C and AH-64 appears on the official news by ED, on the times of the A-10C... near 2008... the F-15E was announced by RAZBAM (ones of the first 3rd parties with the disapear IRIS) on 2012 without any release date... and that molude require some DCS technologies builded by ED first, as the Ground radar and the multicrew....

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 3:38 PM, Nahen said:

I base the information on threads created for a given type of module on this forum. The oldest I see for the F-16 is from 2019, for the F-15E it's from 2012...

I based on the old Wags official newsletter posts... from Ka-50 times... on 2008, before A-10C.

May 16 DCS Update

Since the last update, not much has scientifically changed from a new task point of view. This is primarily because we are in feature freeze and are focused on content iteration and debugging. Most of the work on DCS: Black Shark (now on build 46) has been focusing on the following areas:

1- Campaign generation
2- Training mission generation
3- Bug testing with a focus on multiplayer (lots of work to still do)
4- Editing and tweaking of Ka-50 the flight manual (currently 533 pages)
5- Writing of the DCS GUI manual (will be around 200 pages when complete)
6- FPS and RAM usage testing
7- General bug fixing (yes, there are still quite a few)

While we realize that many would just wish for us to release it now (particularly after some of the recent videos), we simply cannot do that given all the items listed above. It's too easy to release a buggy and incomplete product when being pressured by consumers and publishers to "just release it". Please be patient. Given that this will be our first self-published product, we want to do it right.

With the creation of larger missions in a near-complete mission environment, we are also now tuning and adjusting the simulation for increased frame rates and minimize RAM usage. Mostly given the 6 DOF cockpit, the higher population density or ground objects (buildings, trees, etc.) and the higher elevation mesh detail, DCS will require more system resources to run smoothly. However, we are taking steps to minimize this as much as possible. When complete, we should have a good idea of minimum and recommended system specs that will be realistic and not low-balled.

The GUI is just about done with the integration of the Options screen that allows you to set up separate Input options configurations for multiple types of aircraft. So, as we start to add more aircraft to DCS, each aircraft can have its own unique of input command profiles (keys, axis, etc.). Personally, I do all input controller programming now within the DCS Options GUI and I no longer use external profile programs (although that is still an option).

Select members of the Sim-Mod team are still working on some terrain enhancements and we hope to have final versions of the Spring and Fall textures soon. Additionally we hope to be updating additional airbase before release. Once complete we can integrate into the DCS code base.

The Mission Editor is just about final and just being debugged now. Two nice additions added near the end was the ability to set rules and actions for not just groups but each individual unit within a group and the ability to assign a mobile area trigger that is attached to a moving unit/group. Also, when creating multiplayer missions, each side will now have their own unique text and image briefings. Also, each side can be assigned unique goals. While this will not be a significant feature for Black Shark, which will likely focus on cooperative missions, this will be a welcome feature as we add additional aircraft to the DCS mix.

As for what happens after Black Shark, the team has several aircraft modules currently in development (this could include development of 6 DOF cockpits, avionics or flight dynamics). While the A-10A Suite 2 module will still likely follow the Black Shark, the following aircraft are also now planned for DCS in development at one stage or another:

1- A-10A Suite 2 (latest version of A-10A in active use)
2- A-10C Suite 3 (we now have permission from the USAF to develop an entertainment version of the simulation we developed for them. We are very happy and excited about this).
3- AH-64A Blk. 49A
4- Su-27
5- F-15C
6- Mi-24V
7- F-16C
8- MiG-29A

Naturally, release of aircraft like the Su-27 and F-15C would coincide with integration of advanced flight model for missiles, advanced seeker logic and advanced air-to-air radar logic and modeling.

Attached a few very early images of the 6 DOF cockpits for the Flanker and Eagle.

The actual order of release is still up in the air. For all of these aircraft, we now have all the needed data to model them properly to DCS standards (very important a big factor of what does and does not go into DCS as a flyable). It is important to remember that all of these aircraft will be modeled to the same level of detail as the Black Shark in DCS. As I hope many of you realize after reading and seeing more about Black Shark, this will be a daunting task but will provide the most comprehensive and realistic simulation of flying these aircraft within a combat environment on the PC.

Thanks,
Matt

The old RAZBAM posts "disapears" with ED clean the forums with the 1.5/2.0 versions. (I found them... a stament on 21 September 2012)... RAZBAM was planned them but that dont confirm a "active develop" on that times.

Hi there guys:
Sorry it took me this long to put this statement, this is the official RAZBAM statement regarding the F-15E Strike Eagle for DCS, other information "statements" or post other than this one, or any other not made by me, should be consider a rumor and as such with no credibility at all.

RAZBAM is a 3d development business, and as such, we take business related decisions on how we take the next step in any kind of development, and since our business is to provide a service (in this case 3rd party content to a number of different simulation titles.) We make these decisions in order to offer the best service possible and to make our customers happy, that´s why we don´t jump and post pics of stuff we don´t plan to complete or even worse, don´t have the manpower or resources to get it done. As an example, we decided to do not have our own DCS forums/subforums until we had something tangible to show, and someone working on them to make it happen.

Our license agreement within RAZBAM and Eagle Dynamics was not also a good fortune shot, we had to demonstrate our capabilities, our resources and what´s behind curtains in our development program. We are humbled by Eagle Dynamics decision to allow us to get such license but at the same time we were sure we´ll pass with full colors any question and tests they´ll put us, because that´s how confident we are, that´s how confident I am of the team behind RAZBAM, I consider myself humbled to be surrounded by a group of positive, talented and eager people. While we are not a big corporation (not even close) we are also not a mom and pop outfit, or a mom´s basement based company (but we started as one man band, 9 years ago) and it´s currently formed by studied, prepared, professional artists, each very proficient on its development expertise. Right now, there are 2 teams working simultaneously on 2 other DCS titles which will be revealed when there is something to show, WITHOUT compromising our FSX/Prepar3D developments. We also have 2 Aeronautical Engineers, each working on separate DCS titles (not FSX, we got another team for that).Our main coder has 23 years of experience coding business software, managing large networks and leading IT projects. He started coding for RAZBAM 2 years ago .We got 2 texture artists , one who does textures on finished projects and one who maps, texture and add effects to those textures in sake of realism (see Av-8B cockpit textures) who also happens to be a 3d Studio Max expert, which sums up to current 3d developers in the team to the number of 4 (me included).Each one got it´s own responsibilities within their own projects, which eventually pass thru my hands/eyes and then to the next phase. It´s an awesome team, which I cherish, respect and also have the great honor to call them friends (well..the coder guy…he is my brother..:-D..)

Our involvement in DCS world, as a 3rd party content developer was not a decision I took lightly. Sure, the market options, the community size and what´s more, the focus in it (military aviation) were major decision points , but I needed to consult MY team if we were able to pull it off. I even had to made a family compromise, since DCS will take most of my small free time, which I spent with them, even more scarce.. that´s how far I went into commitment to DCS.

As such, I also took another business decision, which is to do not make any move without consulting the Eagle Dynamics upstairs gentlemen. Every single step, announcement , add on, release, is thoroughly consulted with ED first. While we have freedom of movement, we play by the rules and that´s how we are going to move. In fact, after consulting with Eagle Dynamics, I decided that it´s ED who do the ultimate testing and approval of anything that comes under RAZBAM. Having said that, it´s obvious we are not going after FC3 quality, mid quality, or low quality add ons. We are going to release A-10 DCS level of complexity products, from day 1.Not half made, half baked, nothing like that, but straight A-10 DCS level. That´s what we were contracted for, that ´s what Eagle Dynamics expects from us, and that´s what I am pretty sure, you, the potential customer, is expecting from us.

This takes us to our current line of scheduled projects for DCS world, also known as the “list” , which I am pretty aware some were laughing about and mocking us. Every single aircraft named in that list got a 3d mesh to back it up and it´s approved by Eagle Dynamics on our license agreement, or contract as a 3rd party content developer. Which takes us to the current rumor mill on events regarding the F-15 E Strike Eagle. While as a serious company, I can not debate our business decisions out in the open in forums, it was consulted with Eagle Dynamics and approved by Eagle Dynamics, and as such, it´s in “the list” as well. It was not a “I got hold of this gorgeous cockpit mesh, let´s get it into DCS and make some $$” kind of move. It was a business move based on available resources, time to make it happen, and most if not all, a market for it. It ´s a decision based in the fact that it will put us faster into DCS than starting our own from scratch, allowing us to show you what we are capable of, and let you decide if it´s worth to get more products under the RAZBAM badge or simply ignore us and move to the next one. And yes, it´s going to be DCS level, with all the bell and whistles and it´s currently, as I type this, being worked on by a team devoted SOLELY to this aircraft.

I hope this clears some of the rumors around, there is so much that can´t be discussed in public since we are under a very strict NDA which I have to respect at all costs.

Thank you for all the comments, expectation and positivism , it fuels us to keep ahead with all our projects, and also thank you for the warm welcome into DCS world.

Best regards
Ron C. Zambrano M
RAZBAM

And sorry by the OT.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

I based on the old Wags official newsletter posts... from Ka-50 times... on 2008, before A-10C.

The old RAZBAM posts "disapears" with ED clean the forums with the 1.5/2.0 versions. (I found them... a stament on 21 September 2012)... RAZBAM was planned them but that dont confirm a "active develop" on that times.

And sorry by the OT.

Well, let me repeat - I base comparisons as to the time of developing the modules not on the basis of individual statements of individual people from EA or RAZBAM, but on the basis of officially posted threads on the forum related to the modules in production. For me, this is much more reliable than single announcements of something that maybe someone will do.

32 minutes ago, Nahen said:

Well, let me repeat - I base comparisons as to the time of developing the modules not on the basis of individual statements of individual people from EA or RAZBAM, but on the basis of officially posted threads on the forum related to the modules in production. For me, this is much more reliable than single announcements of something that maybe someone will do.

The official posted Threads never was show when a module was start developing.... ED and many 3rd parties was working on that modules previosly to that "official staments". Remember someone has on that forums from near 20 years old... you are very new here to remember how modules has developed on DCS.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Am 27.11.2022 um 15:38 schrieb Silver_Dragon:

F-16C and AH-64 appears on the official news by ED, on the times of the A-10C... near 2008...

Same for the Mi-24. It's not about "i want this, that and all of my dreams - and i want it now or at least within the next couple of months."
For a high fidelity simulation like this a bit of patience is essential (and yes - "a bit" could be much more than 3 years). Especially for a 3rd Party product with a developer team of just a few guys working on their module in their sparetime beside a regular full time job.

Edit: sorry Silver_Dragon, i didn't see your next post with this roadmap which i also was referring to regarding the Mi-24.
So let's see how long the MiG-29 will take and then we can continue with this discussion about this incredible 3 years of waiting for the OH-58D 😄

Edited by Gizmo03

On 11/28/2022 at 10:53 PM, Nahen said:

That "talking" of the F-16 in ~2008 was way more official than any of the RAZBAM Strike Eagle stuff in 2012, as it was Wags himself who talked about the upcoming F-16 back then and even posted screenshots. Unfortunately they disappeared with the introduction of the new forum it seems or at least I'm unable to find them again. It wasn't just the F-16 though that was announced so far ahead of it's actual relase, but also the Apache. If you still don't believe this, look at these posts by Wags himself, that I managed to dig up:

/OT

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 11/25/2022 at 6:54 PM, Scott-S6 said:

A definitive update of what? It's being worked on. They don't have a release date. That's it.

The F15E guys have been waiting over a decade for a release date and they still don't have one...

I remember looking at those first sweet screenshots 2012, when I stared universtiy.
I was hoping it would be finished before I finish^^ How stupid I was.

Finally looks better now though.

• Like 1

Alias in Discord: Mailman

On 11/30/2022 at 9:43 AM, QuiGon said:

That "talking" of the F-16 in ~2008 was way more official than any of the RAZBAM Strike Eagle stuff in 2012, as it was Wags himself who talked about the upcoming F-16 back then and even posted screenshots. Unfortunately they disappeared with the introduction of the new forum it seems or at least I'm unable to find them again. It wasn't just the F-16 though that was announced so far ahead of it's actual relase, but also the Apache. If you still don't believe this, look at these posts by Wags himself, that I managed to dig up:

/OT

Aha... that is a text appearing on the forum in 2008, sounding more or less like this - >>Yes, the AH-64 will appear in DCS someday, but for now we don't even have plans for a test team<<, Or >> We are planning to release the Mi-24 in DCs<<

It is equivalent to the text from September 2012 about F-15E which is the official statement of RAZBAM -

>>This takes us to our current line of scheduled projects for DCS world, also known as the “list” , which I am pretty aware some were laughing about and mocking us. Every single aircraft named in that list got a 3d mesh to back it up and it´s approved by Eagle Dynamics on our license agreement, or contract as a 3rd party content developer. Which takes us to the current rumor mill on events regarding the F-15 E Strike Eagle. While as a serious company, I can not debate our business decisions out in the open in forums, it was consulted with Eagle Dynamics and approved by Eagle Dynamics, and as such, it´s in “the list” as well. It was not a “I got hold of this gorgeous cockpit mesh, let´s get it into DCS and make some $$” kind of move. It was a business move based on available resources, time to make it happen, and most if not all, a market for it. It ´s a decision based in the fact that it will put us faster into DCS than starting our own from scratch, allowing us to show you what we are capable of, and let you decide if it´s worth to get more products under the RAZBAM badge or simply ignore us and move to the next one. And yes, it´s going to be DCS level, with all the bell and whistles and it´s currently, as I type this, being worked on by a team devoted SOLELY to this aircraft.<<< ????????????

I don't think so...

And I will add that this is only a part of the entire statement ... so ... I don't think any of the modules have a longer time from OFFICIAL announcement to release than the F-15E

Might as well on the first day of Flanker 2.0 release Wags or anyone else could have announced that we'd be making most of the popular fighterjets and helicopters in the future... What am I to assume that everything has already been announced in 1999?

Edited by Nahen
  • Like 1

back to KW…….a recent picture from PC Discord Channel

65B5A3D9-D205-48D1-8B9E-679D58EC4836.jpeg

Edited by corbu1
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

22 hours ago, Nahen said:

Aha... that is a text appearing on the forum in 2008, sounding more or less like this - >>Yes, the AH-64 will appear in DCS someday, but for now we don't even have plans for a test team<<, Or >> We are planning to release the Mi-24 in DCs<<

It is equivalent to the text from September 2012 about F-15E which is the official statement of RAZBAM -

>>This takes us to our current line of scheduled projects for DCS world, also known as the “list” , which I am pretty aware some were laughing about and mocking us. Every single aircraft named in that list got a 3d mesh to back it up and it´s approved by Eagle Dynamics on our license agreement, or contract as a 3rd party content developer. Which takes us to the current rumor mill on events regarding the F-15 E Strike Eagle. While as a serious company, I can not debate our business decisions out in the open in forums, it was consulted with Eagle Dynamics and approved by Eagle Dynamics, and as such, it´s in “the list” as well. It was not a “I got hold of this gorgeous cockpit mesh, let´s get it into DCS and make some $$” kind of move. It was a business move based on available resources, time to make it happen, and most if not all, a market for it. It ´s a decision based in the fact that it will put us faster into DCS than starting our own from scratch, allowing us to show you what we are capable of, and let you decide if it´s worth to get more products under the RAZBAM badge or simply ignore us and move to the next one. And yes, it´s going to be DCS level, with all the bell and whistles and it´s currently, as I type this, being worked on by a team devoted SOLELY to this aircraft.<<< ????????????

I don't think so...

And I will add that this is only a part of the entire statement ... so ... I don't think any of the modules have a longer time from OFFICIAL announcement to release than the F-15E

Might as well on the first day of Flanker 2.0 release Wags or anyone else could have announced that we'd be making most of the popular fighterjets and helicopters in the future... What am I to assume that everything has already been announced in 1999?

2012 I was already reading the forums and I saw oh so sweet screenshots of exterior and cockpit of the F-15E.

Haven't seen such screenshots of F-16C and AH-64D, although these names were floating around.
So for me F-15E really felt like waiting for 10 years.  F-16C and AH-64D not so much.

Well, it was kinda strange back in the day they announced a Viper and in the end it came later than the Hornet...

Alias in Discord: Mailman

On 11/29/2022 at 9:59 AM, Gizmo03 said:

Edit: sorry Silver_Dragon, i didn't see your next post with this roadmap which i also was referring to regarding the Mi-24.
So let's see how long the MiG-29 will take and then we can continue with this discussion about this incredible 3 years of waiting for the OH-58D 😄

OH-58D has builded by a 3rd Party, not ED... Mig-29 module has a "planned" ED module, no a 3rd party project.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Silver_Dragon:

OH-58D has builded by a 3rd Party, not ED... Mig-29 module has a "planned" ED module, no a 3rd party project.

Like the F-16 or AH-64 .... we wete talking about the time from announcement to release of modules in general, not specifically 3rd party modules. I mean - hey, you posted this old ED roadmap 😉

Edited by Gizmo03

15 minutes ago, Gizmo03 said:

Like the F-16 or AH-64 .... we wete talking about the time from announcement to release of modules in general, not specifically 3rd party modules. I mean - hey, you posted this old ED roadmap 😉

My roadmap include ED projects and 3rd party projets, not only ED.... all official... Do you dont see when I put a official 3rd party project into them?

Edited by Silver_Dragon

On 11/30/2022 at 3:46 PM, Nahen said:

I don't think so...

Do you think ED lie with your projets? Wags talk on 2008 about projects on course by ED. Some was dropped as the A-10A and F-15C hardcore (someone need to review otherwise the old FC-3 cockpits by modelviewer, when the A-10A and F-15C was implemented as clickable cockpits...) put ED has continue moving on your projects lists.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Silver_Dragon:

My roadmap include ED projects and 3rd party projets, not only ED.... all official... Do you dont see when I put a official 3rd party project into them?

What are you talking about? You quoted a post writen by wags in 2008. This post includes an old roadmap which i was refering to when i mentioned the Mi-24.

I just said i'm sorry that i didn't see your post before mentioning the Hind because it was unnacessary since you already quoted the whole post including the old roadmap. I'm not sure if you understood what i meant.

Anyway... it's to OT now.

Edited by Gizmo03

And a new one from this week on PC discord.

00D8C7EA-CFAA-4887-933F-36529B021B11.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• ED Team

Hi all, 

appreciate you are passionate, but please read the forum rules at the top of the forum. 

3rd party's will release information when they are ready about their projects. 

You will all need to continue to be patient. 

off topic removed

thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Some new pictures from PC discord:CF0E7F95-EC86-4ECC-B15E-50AD407A885F.png

132839B4-DD99-443F-8AE3-B76DC7F85CBF.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704

I like that last one in the field!!

Is that a real livery or a fiction? Just asking as I've not seen those colors on a KW before!

I also see what looks like a fairly thick white line on the ground under the grass... is that markers for a FARP point? I vaguely seem to recall some discussion about some sort of FARP functionality being made by Poly for the Kiowa, is this a hint of it?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Rick50:

I like that last one in the field!!

Is that a real livery or a fiction? Just asking as I've not seen those colors on a KW before!

I also see what looks like a fairly thick white line on the ground under the grass... is that markers for a FARP point? I vaguely seem to recall some discussion about some sort of FARP functionality being made by Poly for the Kiowa, is this a hint of it?

It‘s a fictional UK livery. 
Note there‘s no MMS on the rotor mounted, in combination with livery I first thought there‘s a Lynx shown.

In the past I think PC announced offering some FARP static objects with the KW, Yes. Maybe it‘s some of them, don‘t know yet….

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704